What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DK Showdown Captain Mode (1 Viewer)

Joe Mammy

Footballguy
I've been doing pretty good in these. Seems the key is to pick a low $ player with a longshot of scoring a td or two. Sometimes the winner has used a low priced D as Captain. With the low priced capn you can afford to load up on the obvious. So far I've yet to see a clear cut strategy from the winners- I've seen lineups with both D's as well as lineups with both QBs take home the big prize.

Running with the pack is a losing strategy, you have to put a longshot in the capn role. GLA tonite!

I've been doing pretty good in these. Seems the key is to pick a low $ player with a longshot of scoring a td or two. Sometimes the winner has used a low priced D as Captain. With the low priced capn you can afford to load up on the obvious. So far I've yet to see a clear cut strategy from the winners- I've seen lineups with both D's as well as lineups with both QBs take home the big prize.

Running with the pack is a losing strategy, you have to put a longshot in the capn role. GLA tonite!
I've had some success with these the last couple weeks, and have deployed the strategy of using both QBs.  Also not afraid to mix in the Ks and Ds to fit the QBs in.  

I am going to take a shot at 6 50cent LUs tonight.   I am going to play with it more, but right now I have as a placeholder:

Barkley at MVP then Wentz/Manning/Clement and both Ks.  This build has enough cap left to mix it up and I could do OBJ/Shep/Ertz/Jeffrey at MVP.  I THINK if you want both QBs and 2 decent pass catchers, you probably have to rock a K or D in the MVP - ie Elliot at MVP, then Wentz/Manning/OBJ/Ertz fits with the Giants PK.  

I think like with the FD single game contests, it's probably a -EV play to not have both QBs in there for just about all of these contests.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually too rich for me, as I am just tinkering with these and don't usually put more than a couple bucks in.   Good luck tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread