What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Jones vs Alex Collins this week? PPR (1 Viewer)

When you are in a truly coin flip situation always go with the guy on Monday Night Football.  That way you always have hope going to the last game of the week and it gives you something to root for on Monday Night.

In actuality I would lean towards Jones regardless of the MNF aspect although my choice would probably be more dictated by the matchup.  I think Collins has the higher floor/lower ceiling so if you just need a high floor I would go with Collins.  If you need everything to go right to have  a chance this week (opponent heavily favored) then I would go with the higher ceiling guy in Jones.

I own Collins, and he scares me.  He has become fairly TD dependent, and that's not a good thing when you get yanked at the GL.  He is still the top dog on a team that runs fairly well, and at least Allen fumbled too.  This decision really is very close, and I can see why you are at a coin flip on it.  Since Collins plays at 4pm on Sunday, and Jones plays on Monday night, I would do as Gally said above.  You can wait until the end of the 1pm games on Sunday, then make your decision at the last minute.  If you are losing big time, play Jones.  Please see mine below, regarding a trade, thanx.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771365-trade-devonta-collins-for-mixon-or-cook/

When you are in a truly coin flip situation always go with the guy on Monday Night Football.  That way you always have hope going to the last game of the week and it gives you something to root for on Monday Night.

In actuality I would lean towards Jones regardless of the MNF aspect although my choice would probably be more dictated by the matchup.  I think Collins has the higher floor/lower ceiling so if you just need a high floor I would go with Collins.  If you need everything to go right to have  a chance this week (opponent heavily favored) then I would go with the higher ceiling guy in Jones.
I like the MNF rule here, especially since I am a Packers fan. But ignore my bias here for a minute and play the matchup, Tennessee's D is actually decent, so Jones.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771360-whir-kupp-vs-brown-standard-cohen-vs-allen-ppr/#comment-21426711

Users who are viewing this thread