What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who has the worst WR corp in the league? (1 Viewer)

Who has the worst WR corp

• Redskins

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bills

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Jets

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Colts

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • Bears

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Confused that I'm the only one who voted Dolphins. Who do they have?

ETA: Forgot Kenny Stills. Probably Dallas then. Kelvin Benjamin is better than any receiver on that team.

Bears suck too but at least they have young prospects along with Gabrile and that dude who came from Jacksonville.

I'd say Redskins are in the running. Group of nobodies out there to pair with a 1st Round bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Cowboys, mainly cuz I'm a Cowboys fan and I hate our offense right now.......and it starts with our lack of weapons in the passing game.
I'm a Redskins fan. So that's what made me think of this. Plus we're playing the Panthers. Funchess and a rookie? They're in the conversation. 

I guess Crowder is better than Beasley. Everyone else is a wash. Bills have Benjamin. He's better than Doctson and Hurns? Bears are bad at WR. 

Cowboys? They do not have the greatest core WR group, but are we still not blaming Dak Prescott for being very very very bad at his job?
Cleveland? You can have Landry and a bunch of scrubs and that takes you out of worst crop for Landry alone, Callaway is better than most of the WRs below.
Buffalo? What a mess, Benjamin count for anything? I dont know.
Miami? Stills? Since when does he make people confident in a WR core?
Colts? Without Hilton, its shambles.
Patriots? Before Edelman returned and they traded for a Gordon, the Patriots were terrible.
49ers? Goodwin and what?
Jets? Enunwa, Pryor, Anderson? May be getting by but that will end soon.
Redskins? Richardson, Doctson, Crowder?Thats a very very bad group.

Lots of bad groups, but the worst division for WR is the AFC East, and its NOT CLOSE.

Not great right now but Kittle & Garcon are having decent seasons and Goodwin, Pettis seem to be able to produce when healthy, at least in this system.

The WRs in a Shanahan offense rarely produce above average TD #s but they are almost always good for high reception and yardage #s.

Man In The Box said:
Cowboys or Bills. Close. Voted Bills. 
This

I'm a Redskins fan. So that's what made me think of this. Plus we're playing the Panthers. Funchess and a rookie? They're in the conversation. 

I guess Crowder is better than Beasley. Everyone else is a wash. Bills have Benjamin. He's better than Doctson and Hurns? Bears are bad at WR. 
I automatically include TE in the group, I get that the question is WR but still... 

Even without TE, Moore and Funchess have more talent than most of the others mentioned. 

Colts still have Hilton, drops them from the conversation.

Enunwa and Anderson could be pretty good when Darnold develops.

If Dallas didn't have Zeke that team would be among the bottom few in the league. 

Based on what I've seen with my own eyes, the Titans could be in the conversation until Davis develops. Wouldn't get a vote, but they've looked very bad at times. Definitely among the most often making bad mistakes in key moments. 

Dallas wrs suffer because of dak no doubt but they also don’t create any mismatches. Gallup is a nice wr, but seems like kind of a garcon type, wins by being good at his craft. Beasley is a nice slot guy, if you have other weapons to open up space. There is no big guy, no super fast guy, no alpha dog, no te.

Bills have KB who has been a big, fast, garbage time monster that simply hates life in Buffalo. I’m not sure I can name another bills wr....zay Jones still there? 

I dont see see how the bears are getting 2 votes. Robinson hasn’t been terrible but could get a few tds. Miller has been banged up but dynasty guys love him. Gabriel is your classic speedster, and had a monster game. They have been playing a little conservative and playing good defense. The wrs haven’t been asked to do much, and trubisky doesn’t seem like the guy who is going to flirt with 4000 yds or 30 tds.

I feel like the Bills lap the field in this race.  I get that the Cowboys WR's aren't lighting it up right now, but at least there is something there, some measure of talent.  Hurns has been bad, but the guy is a couple years removed from 1k yds and 10tds, he's shown that he can play in the league.  He's miscast as the #1 in Dallas, but he would be a fine #3 for a lot of teams.  Gallup looks decent, I've seen him make a couple plays this year that were impressive.  Beasley is a boring but capable slot.  It's bad, awful even, certainly wouldn't argue with 31st ... but worse than the Bills?  

Benjamin might have been decent at one time, but he's given up.  Does anyone seriously see a revival in his career?  Even if he got out of Buffalo, does anyone think he would put the effort into being what he was in his rookie season again?  He just isn't any good any more.  He really seems like a guy that got by/gets by on pure physical attributes, but was never interested in putting the work in.  I admit, I fortunately do not have to watch him play, but everything I read indicates that he is just cashing checks.  Behind him is Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, and Robert Foster?  That is horrendous.

I guess for me, it comes down to the fact that I think some of those Cowboy receivers could actually be useful on another team.  I'm not sure you could say the same about the Bills group.

There seems to be a big gap from Dallas and Buffalo to whoever you would rank next.  The Dolphins at least have Stills, who can make plays, and Wilson.  The Bears, I'm really not sure why they are on the list at all, Robinson can still play, Gabriel has always been able to get deep and make a big play, and Miller showed enough this summer to say there is talent there.

I have to second the 49ers.  This is mostly due to injuries, but the top WR on the field last week was Trent Taylor.  If everyone is healthy, they are very average.  Right now with the injuries they are bottom of the barrel.

BTW, whoever mentioned Garcon has not watched him.  He is done, struggling to catch balls in his hands, no separation at all, and constantly dinged up.

The Cowboys receivers are tough to judge - chicken or the egg debate.

The only QBs I'd put below Dak right now might be a rookie or two and Mariota.

It's funny about the QB. What would people say about a team that's been playing with Allison, Valdes-Scandling & St. Brown as their nos. 2-4? 

And coaching decisions. Terrance Williams got hurt but did he really merit getting shelved? It seems to me a Hurns, Williams, Gallup, Austin/Thompson & Beasley lineup doesn't read that bad on paper. It's kind of hard to tell who the WRs 1-5 are supposed to be in Dallas. In reality it's been 1. Beasley, 2. Thompson, 3. Hurns, in receptions. Williams is done but was ignored before that and the QB isn't getting the ball to the 2 best playmakers. Catch % is 47% for Hurns & 40% for Gallup. 

Crazy how many people are defending the Bears but voting for Cowboys. I thought everyone agreed that Robinson basically = Hurns. Beasley and Gallup aren't worse than Miller and Gabriel. It's an argument, not a fact. Millet and Gabriel. With Robinson. Yeah, there's a reason they have votes. 

I think this is Bills. Ask any Bills fan if they'd trade thier group for any in the league. 

It's funny about the QB. What would people say about a team that's been playing with Allison, Valdes-Scandling & St. Brown as their nos. 2-4? 

And coaching decisions. Terrance Williams got hurt but did he really merit getting shelved? It seems to me a Hurns, Williams, Gallup, Austin/Thompson & Beasley lineup doesn't read that bad on paper. It's kind of hard to tell who the WRs 1-5 are supposed to be in Dallas. In reality it's been 1. Beasley, 2. Thompson, 3. Hurns, in receptions. Williams is done but was ignored before that and the QB isn't getting the ball to the 2 best playmakers. Catch % is 47% for Hurns & 40% for Gallup. 
Hurns and Gallup aren't the Cowboys 2 best playmakers.

And Linehan is being allowed to run one of the least creative, outdated offenses of the last decade or more.

The Cowboys coaching staff is clearly overmatched. They are all gone by the end of the year anway, if they don't make effective changes today Jerruh should fire Garrett and Linehan before they get to the locker room for halftime and turn the keys over to Richard. Not because I think Richard is special, we know too little about him, but simply because anything is better than what they have going right now. 

I'm not even certain they are the best playmakers of the WR/TE group (I thought this thread was including both). I think it is  possible that all the WRs are equally mediocre. But, yes among just the WRs they appear to hold the most upside...by default.
Nope. My thread. WRs only. If we include TEs I wouldn't have put the Redskins in here. 

Given these two run away teams, and given that there will be two big WR rookies coming out for this draft, safe to at this point pencil them into these two teams for next year?  If yes, I wouldn't be too excited about either.

Given these two run away teams, and given that there will be two big WR rookies coming out for this draft, safe to at this point pencil them into these two teams for next year?  If yes, I wouldn't be too excited about either.
Nope.  Very rare this happens exactly like this where these 2 just perfectly fall to those exact two draft spots.  Also unlikely they move up for a wr.  Dallas/Buffalo have slightly better odds than other teams to land those guys, and still depends where they draft from.  No way buffalo spends a top 3 pick on one, nor is it a guarantee that they move down.

Users who are viewing this thread