What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone playing Maurice Harris today? (1 Viewer)

I was contemplating grabbing him off the WW to play him over Chris Hogan, who's questionable (though apparently expected to play). Ultimately I just decided to play Hogan (I have 5 WR's on byes today and Crowder out).

Richardson is active for Wash as well.

He's a pretty good bet today. The only 2 serious pass catching threats are Richardson and Harris. Chris Thompson is out so that's one less guy to steal targets too. Reed is coming off a 1 catch game last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skins homer here--he's developing pretty well as a nice possession/contested catch guy. And he's more consistent than Doctson with just about as many flash plays and great catches, but less drops and mental errors imo. No idea what the ceiling is long term but he seems to keep getting better and there really isn't a go-to receiving target for Alex Smith right now. 

Now, he looks like he runs about a 4.65 so I don't really know why they're doing this, but they are manufacturing touches for him recently (screens, faking handoffs to him out of shotgun which I assume they'll have to follow through on in the future for the fakes to keep working, etc.)

Funnily enough he was started against me today due to bye week crunch and helped beat me. 10/135. *******. 

This guy had nice stats today.  Anybody have any insight on his future for dynasty purposes?
Harris has some stuff going for him. He has great hands. He's not fast but he can get separation because he makes strong cuts. He fights for contested catches. He's strong and can break tackles and get extra yards. 

In his senior year at Cal, with Goff at QB, he was one of six receivers with 40+ receptions. His college stats aren't particularly impressive because of the way Dykes' offense spread the ball around. But overall I think he was the best of our receivers (with the possible exception of Kenny Lawler, who I'm surprised didn't make it in the NFL). 

The most comparable receiver we've had at Cal is Marvin Jones. Harris can produce more games like he did today, given the opportunity. But he's probably not a difference-maker at the NFL level, so the WR pecking order really matters. If he's a full-time starter he's worth having; as a backup, probably not.

I picked him up with my last roster spot at the beginning of the season. I haven't started him. If nothing changes this week in terms of injuries I may consider him in my third receiver spot.

Slot guy right? Did the Skins losing 2x OL contribute to a quick passing game? I have to think this is an outlier.

Bucs have been absolutely obliterated in the slot all year. As long as Crowder remains out, this guy is pretty interesting. 

According to his pro day results, he’s a mid-4.5s guy, which certainly isn’t fast, but given his size and quickness, it could certainly work as a big slot. Earlier this year it seemed like (in the portions of Washington games I saw) they were trying to make him work on the perimeter. 

If he’s in the slot to stay, a la Colston, that could fit very well for his skill set and where Alex Smith wants to throw. 

Interesting at least. 

I nabbed him because the other options are uninspiring. Crowder hurt, Doctson doesn't fit the QB (and stinks), Reed and Davis probably will get most of the attention.

I'm using him in pretty much all my DFS lineups.  That offense is so bad though so it gives me some pause, but they're a bad team playing from behind most weeks so hopefully that keeps up his volume.  

I don’t think it matters whether crowder is playing or not, Harris plays more then just the slot position (think the link was in his actual thread that showed his snap count everywhere he has lined up) and is probably the redskins best WR so they are gonna work him into the offense. 

even if Crowder plays, it is hard to just go back right into it after so many weeks off. Not even a full practice yet. Still like Maurice Harris here.

OK.....Crowder out for week10 and Richardson on IR all season.

Harris worth a start (even over Hilton v Jac #1pass defense) since he is up against TBs 30th rated pass defense and 2nd in the NFL in PPR points allowed to WRs?

With Hopkins on bye I have him in over golladay and cooper. 
That's pretty gutsy. I kinda like it. I'm mulling using him over Golloday, Hilton or Larry. I'm a,ready in a hole thanks to McAffrey. Just seems like the kinda move if I bench any of the aforementioned players and Harris tanks, I'll be looking for a length of rope and a high place....

Wow, surprised about the players possibly getting benched for Harris. I’m over here deciding if I wanna drop Adam Humphries for him! (Hopefully won’t need to use either after Hopkins gets off bye next week)

As of Sunday morning, he is in my lineup for 1 of my 2 dynasty teams. needed flex option this week and bench spot opened with Richardson going on IR  so pickedhim up for few dollars.

IN at flex over jordy, Smallwood and barber. yeah team not that good and my normal flexes are on bye: Crabtree and Miller. PPR so I think is good choice for this situation

OUT at flex: though is close call. Instead I have Tate and Reed in (TE premium) at flex and Landry/Golladay at WR. D Thomas and Sutton on bye. 

Now considering putting him in at my last flex over Mcguire. Been burned by guys like this so many times, though. 

WR is a weak spot on one team. I chose Harris out of a group of ureliables as my WR3 today. Other options are Humphries, Gabriel, Higgins, Jakeem Grant (return production counts)

Thielen and Hopkins on bye this week...starting Harris over Amendola this week at WR/TE flex.  Should be lots of passes thrown by Smith, and not that many mouths to feed.

Burned in the past as well but TB can't cover the slot for anything. Harris should have a solid floor at the very least.
Alright, I put him in over Smallwood and Mcguire. Not that much of a difference. 

In over MVS for me. I'm not even sure if I'll hold him beyond this week but Tampa is simply horrible. 

Users who are viewing this thread