What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bucs vs Falcons - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

So are they deciding that Ito is worth investing in more now than Coleman playtime wise given that Coleman is likely a FA in the off-season? Or is this just a script/package thing? 

Bucs couldn't have advanced that anyway right?  Why are the announcers going nuts about how close they were to scoring?

On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.

On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.
Unless a lateral is considered a fumble I don’t think this applies. Crappy bouncing laterals, but still.

Unless a lateral is considered a fumble I don’t think this applies. Crappy bouncing laterals, but still.
A lateral that hits the ground is a fumble.  I don't believe the rulebook makes any distinction between the intent of how the ball was coming out (intentionally via a lateral or unintentionally) when considering fumbles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread