What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jaguars vs Cowboys - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Jags rushing 4 and getting some pressure but Dak eating them up on rollouts. With Elliott getting traction wonder if they bring more heat.

This is what i don't understand. Unless they're worried Dak scrambles if they play Man

@AlfieBCC: A lot of off coverage too. Wash scared of Dallas’ uh *checks notes* speed at WR

Jeez, thought the Jags were supposed to be SB contenders.  What's going on with this team?   No Fournette and poor play from Bortles?   Not trolling, just curious.  D getting eaten up too.

speaking of trolls 
? You Cowboys' fans are a sensitive group. Apologies, but do think the Jags are not playing good at all, and defense is on the field a ton. Yes, Cowboys are doing their part (DL is eating up Jags OL), but think this is more about Jags not doing well.

Is it better if we just always say Cowboys are great? 

? You Cowboys' fans are a sensitive group. Apologies, but do think the Jags are not playing good at all, and defense is on the field a ton. Yes, Cowboys are doing their part (DL is eating up Jags OL), but think this is more about Jags not doing well.

Is it better if we just always say Cowboys are great? 
I think Dallas looks pretty good. The play calling is pretty good for once. Mixing things up, allowing Dak to run, I believe he has a career high in rushing already today.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they find a way to lose

Jeez, thought the Jags were supposed to be SB contenders.  What's going on with this team?   No Fournette and poor play from Bortles?   Not trolling, just curious.  D getting eaten up too.
It's inexplicable.  Starting to wonder if they had already penciled in the SB appearance after the revenge victory vs. the Pats

More likely, the offensive schemes designed to make Bortles successful were put together with paperclips and chewing gum...when key offensive components go down, he falls apart.

The defense is just baffling...leaving Patman on Beasley as he eats you up all first half shows a degree of arrogance

I think Dallas looks pretty good. The play calling is pretty good for once. Mixing things up, allowing Dak to run, I believe he has a career high in rushing already today.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they find a way to lose
using zeke as a "decoy" a lot is a good move.  of course as a zeke owner, i don't care for it.  not to mention that as an Eagles' fan and having the Cowboys rolling and not even having Zeke get his is annoying.

well they sniffed that one out.

What quality wins did they have last year?  They beat the Steelers twice and that's about it.  They lucked out missing Deshaun Watson and Andrew Luck and played a bunch of backup QBs like TJ Yates, Tom Savage, and Jacoby Brissett instead.  I'll be shocked if they make a serious playoff run against this year.  

It's inexplicable.  Starting to wonder if they had already penciled in the SB appearance after the revenge victory vs. the Pats

More likely, the offensive schemes designed to make Bortles successful were put together with paperclips and chewing gum...when key offensive components go down, he falls apart.

The defense is just baffling...leaving Patman on Beasley as he eats you up all first half shows a degree of arrogance
i think the fact that the jags only gave bortles the contract that they did says that they were pretty realistic about what he is.  I would guess that they didn't know who exactly would replace him this year that would obviously be so good and/or a QB of the future.  They gave him what was essentially a 2 year deal at a rate that is a little below average for a starting QB to stay as a stopgap and see what else might come along this offseason.  On the off-chance that he could get a little better and/or at least maintain the same level, then they would have had a value salary.

i think the fact that the jags only gave bortles the contract that they did says that they were pretty realistic about what he is.  I would guess that they didn't know who exactly would replace him this year that would obviously be so good and/or a QB of the future.  They gave him what was essentially a 2 year deal at a rate that is a little below average for a starting QB to stay as a stopgap and see what else might come along this offseason.  On the off-chance that he could get a little better and/or at least maintain the same level, then they would have had a value salary.
Exactly right.  Put competent pieces around him and rely on a strong running game and dominant defense, leaving them a somewhat small margin for error

Users who are viewing this thread