What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going to see Phil Collins, and it’s “free” omg!!!##%# (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
I’m ####### miserable right now. 

Wife received tickets to Phil Collins as a gift a few weeks ago. Not going to go on my I hate gifts like these rant. She asked me if I wanted to go, and as she saw through my enthusiasm, she said she could go with her friend. I was excited for this proposition and agreed. The plan was for her and her friend to meet up at 630 for drinks/dinner, go to the show, & come home - I was staying home with the kids. I was excited to hang with my boys, play around, put them to bed, and watch some SNF. 

Her friend called and said her daughter has a 104 fever and they just got back from urgent care. 

Now my wife moves back to me. Instead of doing what I want, relaxing and having an inexpensive night, now I’m ####ed. 

Babysitter: $150

Dinner/drinks (which her friend was going to cover): $200

Drinks at Barclays: $100

Phil Collins: :kicksrock:  

From relaxing at home to $450-$500 and watching Phil Collins for “free” :hot:

Anyways, needed to rant as I need to pretend to be happy about this for the sake of my wife.

####!!!!!!!!! 

Bell just rang, babysitter is here, yay.

As I left the bedroom, wife criticized my choice of sweatpants and hoodie, I’m now back in here adjusting to jeans and a sweater and my unhappiness is somehow doubling. I’d like to at least be comfortable.

Need to vent so my wife doesn’t see through my misery and we have a nice evening.

Okay, chugged 4 ipas in the last 20 minutes, deep breath, and I’m off...

As I left the bedroom, wife criticized my choice of sweatpants and hoodie, I’m now back in here adjusting to jeans and a sweater and my unhappiness is somehow doubling. I’d like to at least be comfortable.

Need to vent so my wife doesn’t see through my misery and we have a nice evening.

At least you're not required to wear a jacket.  :mellow:

I've read that he doesn't stand during the show. He sits in a chair in the front of the stage. 

I also heard that his son is exceptionally talented.

Better abacab home.

You lost me at $150 for a babysitter wtf
Yep.

And 

I get that you need many drinks but that's a bit ridiculous.

Pretending that you have to do it that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wife received tickets to Phil Collins as a gift a few weeks ago. Not going to go on my I hate gifts like these rant. She asked me if I wanted to go, and as she saw through my enthusiasm, she said she could go with her friend. I was excited for this proposition and agreed. The plan was for her and her friend to meet up at 630 for drinks/dinner, go to the show, & come home - I was staying home with the kids. I was excited to hang with my boys, play around, put them to bed, and watch some SNF. 

Her friend called and said her daughter has a 104 fever and they just got back from urgent care. 

Now my wife moves back to me. Instead of doing what I want, relaxing and having an inexpensive night, now I’m ####ed. 

Anyways, needed to rant as I need to pretend to be happy about this for the sake of my wife.

####!!!!!!!!! 

How old and how hot?

We saw him about 8 or 9 years ago, it was one of the worst concerts I have ever been to. He played about 3 of his top songs and almosy exclusively a bunch of newer garbage. 

This show, he played maybe 6 of his top tracks, only one song from the Genesis days, and another show that just wasn’t very good... A money grab imo, crowd def wasn’t very into it. I’ll post a few photos highlighting what I mean later. 

Also, he gave his son a 10 minute drum solo. No disrespect to his son, but that isn’t what the crowd is there for.

NotSmart said:
You seem determined to be miserable tonight.

I strongly suspect it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Big Red X. We had a blast, more so from the massive drinking, so hungover I took the day off today. 

I heard this game I didn’t watch last night was the best game of the season, but whatever. I simply wasn’t excited for this show, so I needed to vent and get my frustrations out before putting on my game face, anonymously, where my wife will never see it.

fantasycurse42 said:

####!!!!!!!!! 

I will gladly watch SNF and babysit for you for 150.00.

I don’t agree with FC on much but the Nyc babysitter business is no joke. 2 kids ins minimum $20 an hour plus the food and car home. I like to see movies at Alamo Drafthouse for the beer and food, so a night of drinking and a movie can be 250 bucks. Insanity. 

Mrs. Rannous said:
He's had back problems for years.  He just can't stand for a whole concert.  How is this a big deal?
It likely doesn't effect the sound and it shouldn't effect the experience but it just makes it seem so much more boring - although I did see Alice in Chains perform at the Roseland Ballroom after Layne Staley was in a car accident and he was in a wheelchair for the whole concert and that rocked.

Users who are viewing this thread