What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice needed (1 Viewer)

LRSmitty79

Footballguy
Another yearAnother year, another ####ty season.  Need some advice.  12 team, 11 person keeper league, .5 that starts QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, TE, FL & DST.

Roster: Wentz, Rivers, Kamara, Carson, Lame Miller, Montgomery, CJA, Diggs, Cooks, Ridley, Godwin, DT, Sutton, Robby Anderson, Tre'Quan Smith, Kittle, Olsen & Bears

Off to yet another ####ty 2 win season and sick of it.....RBs are killing me for sure, last 2 weeks under 80 pts scored......need help.  Deal a WR like Cooks to try to get RB help or hold WRs and hope i can fix in next year draft.  It's been years building this team without playoffs and really tired of it to the point of being done with FF.  It's extremely hard to trade in this particular league....anyway, FF starts to lose the fun factor when it's the same #### year after year......thoughts, advice, etc

If it is no fun then quit.  The whole point is to have fun and if it is to the point where you aren't having any fun then it's time to let it go. 

Now on to your roster:  Are there any restrictions to the keepers (round lost, salary cap, keep X years, etc)?  Looks like you need to infuse some youth into your RB's and that you have a nice corps of young, solid WR's.  Here would be my gameplan:

• I would put Wentz, Kamara, Diggs, Cooks, Ridley as your core and try and build around that. 
  • Trade everyone else for younger upside guys (for example, see if the Chubb guy is frustrated that he isn't getting the ball at all and would be willing to move). 
  • See if there is a contender in need of a QB and shop him Rivers for some young RB assets. 
  • With the way Carson has played the last couple weeks you may be able to flip him to a contender as well.
  • I wouldn't worry about competing this season and try and set up a foundation to start competing next year.  I think you are close with your big hole being RB2 and RB3

If it is no fun then quit.  The whole point is to have fun and if it is to the point where you aren't having any fun then it's time to let it go. 

Now on to your roster:  Are there any restrictions to the keepers (round lost, salary cap, keep X years, etc)?  Looks like you need to infuse some youth into your RB's and that you have a nice corps of young, solid WR's.  Here would be my gameplan:

• I would put Wentz, Kamara, Diggs, Cooks, Ridley as your core and try and build around that. 
  • Trade everyone else for younger upside guys (for example, see if the Chubb guy is frustrated that he isn't getting the ball at all and would be willing to move). 
  • See if there is a contender in need of a QB and shop him Rivers for some young RB assets. 
  • With the way Carson has played the last couple weeks you may be able to flip him to a contender as well.
  • I wouldn't worry about competing this season and try and set up a foundation to start competing next year.  I think you are close with your big hole being RB2 and RB3
The thought crossed my mind many times over the last couple of years, but quitting isn't really in my nature.

There are no restrictions on keepers at all, just keep the 11 guys you want for as long as you want.   I may see if I can pair a Carson & DT to or others to try to acquire some RB talent and just ride out this year.  It's so damn hard to trade in this league; people have such a horrid perception of talent.....and that happens in most leagues and sometimes it's just the "initial offer", but not with some of these guys, it's just down right asinine.  For example:  Kamara for D Henry & K Allen.  I like Allen, but i'm in need of RBs and Henry isn't anything useful; hell he isn't even the best RB on his team.

Good info.  Appreciate it! I forget about having the forums to throw ideas, etc about as outside of the guys I'm in this league with, nobody else plays FF so it's hard to bounce ideas or thoughts of anybody. 

I agree with Gally...   I would also consider keeping Sutton, Kittle and Godwin (maybe, I do like him), unless you get some good solid return via trade.  This would put you at 8 keepers.  I feel these three are young enough to consider.  Also, your target has to be RBs.  Good Luck!!!

I agree with Gally...   I would also consider keeping Sutton, Kittle and Godwin (maybe, I do like him), unless you get some good solid return via trade.  This would put you at 8 keepers.  I feel these three are young enough to consider.  Also, your target has to be RBs.  Good Luck!!!
I agree but at some point you have to give something to get something.  I would use these guys as parts of trades to get more proven commodities but if there is nothing happening on the trade fronts then these guys would definitely be the next in line for keeping moving forward.

I agree but at some point you have to give something to get something.  I would use these guys as parts of trades to get more proven commodities but if there is nothing happening on the trade fronts then these guys would definitely be the next in line for keeping moving forward.
The hardest part is going to be getting anybody to give up any of their players.  It's damn near impossible.

I definitely agree, but if nothing comes about, I would seriously consider holding them.

Users who are viewing this thread