What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts: Saw Elton John Saturday. (1 Viewer)

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced
Went to see Elton John on Saturday night at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit.  Elton was one of the first concerts I ever went to and knowing this is his last tour (Although Bob Seger and the Eagle are on their 5th last tour ever) I wanted to see him.

We were sitting on the side 15 rows up so we had pretty good seats. With the huge screens at LCA it really does not matter where you sit the close up views are really good.   Elton looked older, fatter, did not move much at all and when he got up he walked with a limp..then I remembered he is 72.  Voice was still strong but the songs sounded a little different.   The stage and set made the show as Elton did not move around or get up.  All in all it was a enjoyable concert and he played a nice variety of hits. Very business like as he did not talk much between songs.  One thing was I felt like a young buck walking around LCA as most of the crowd was pushing retirement age and yawning halfway through the show. Here is the set list.

Bennie and the Jets

All the Girls Love Alice

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues

Border Song (Elton solo)

Tiny Dancer

Philadelphia Freedom

Indian Sunset

Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)

Take Me to the Pilot

Someone Saved My Life Tonight

Levon

Candle in the Wind (Elton solo)

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Burn Down the Mission

Believe

Daniel

Sad Songs (Say So Much)

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

The ##### Is Back

I'm Still Standing

Crocodile Rock

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Encore:

Your Song

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

I went to Friday nights show, it was good but he’s definitely lost a step.  Saw him with Billy Joel maybe 5-10 years ago and he seemed much higher energy in that one 

agree some of the songs sounded off lyrically and some of the videos they had to accompany the songs were pretty bad but overall enjoyed the show 

I went to Friday nights show, it was good but he’s definitely lost a step.  Saw him with Billy Joel maybe 5-10 years ago and he seemed much higher energy in that one 

agree some of the songs sounded off lyrically and some of the videos they had to accompany the songs were pretty bad but overall enjoyed the show 

Well he is doing quite a few shows in a short time frame.....just looked and sounded tired. At his age I think the tour should be more spaced out with a couple of days rest between shows. I think back to back shows on Fri and Sat were too much for him to keep the energy level up at his age. Sat he definitely  looked tired.

I was at Friday night's show also. His voice is still great, but he had a hard time moving around the stage. Definitely getting older. But still a great show.

was this a harley anniversary weekend i get messed up take that to the bank bromigos 

Sorry for your loss.
We had some drink ad apps first at Seldon Standard in Detroit..a hip new joint.  So with free tickets I dropped around 200.00

The issue with the new Little Ceasars arena there is so much going on in the corridors with bars, restaurants and a bunch of others things to do you almost don`t want to even go in the arena. With the Redwing and Pistons..i don`t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw him in Portland Maine 6ish months ago when he wasn't tired due to his schedule.  I've seen him  3 times before and this was the worst.  Save your money and memories.  Felt ripped off and left early because it was so bad.

Man. Saw him in Vegas 5+ years ago and he was fantastic. Going to pass on his LA shows after reading these 
Saw him in Vegas one year ago this weekend. Show was the best I've ever seen him, except for Dodger Stadium.  I think the setting in Vegas was a big part of that as he told a few stories and did some variations on a few songs that were cool.  Saw him two years ago in Boise.  It was at the end of the tour. He looked tired and old, but still put on a solid show.  Going in January one last time.

Saw him in Tahoe...great show.

Going to see him again in February.

My gf and I are the youngest ones at his shows but for my money his stuff from the 70 is some of the best pop music ever...a living legend.

Went to see Elton John on Saturday night at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit.  Elton was one of the first concerts I ever went to and knowing this is his last tour (Although Bob Seger and the Eagle are on their 5th last tour ever) I wanted to see him.

We were sitting on the side 15 rows up so we had pretty good seats. With the huge screens at LCA it really does not matter where you sit the close up views are really good.   Elton looked older, fatter, did not move much at all and when he got up he walked with a limp..then I remembered he is 72.  Voice was still strong but the songs sounded a little different.   The stage and set made the show as Elton did not move around or get up.  All in all it was a enjoyable concert and he played a nice variety of hits. Very business like as he did not talk much between songs.  One thing was I felt like a young buck walking around LCA as most of the crowd was pushing retirement age and yawning halfway through the show. Here is the set list.

Bennie and the Jets

All the Girls Love Alice

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues

Border Song (Elton solo)

Tiny Dancer

Philadelphia Freedom

Indian Sunset

Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)

Take Me to the Pilot

Someone Saved My Life Tonight

Levon

Candle in the Wind (Elton solo)

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Burn Down the Mission

Believe

Daniel

Sad Songs (Say So Much)

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

The ##### Is Back

I'm Still Standing

Crocodile Rock

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Encore:

Your Song

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Thanks for providing the list.

Seeing him in February and now more excited since he's doing Funeral/Love Lies Bleeding!

Thanks for providing the list.

Seeing him in February and now more excited since he's doing Funeral/Love Lies Bleeding!
I have seen Elton 4-5 times but it has been at least 20 years since the last time.  Every time I saw him before he started out with Funeral for a Friend. Surprised he did it in the middle as it seems like a great starter or finisher as it was one of the crowds favorites. 

Saw him in Vegas one year ago this weekend. Show was the best I've ever seen him, except for Dodger Stadium.  I think the setting in Vegas was a big part of that as he told a few stories and did some variations on a few songs that were cool.  Saw him two years ago in Boise.  It was at the end of the tour. He looked tired and old, but still put on a solid show.  Going in January one last time.
We saw him about a year and a half ago, loved it. Really enjoyed the stories about his career and the friends he made. We were thinking about getting tickets for one of the stops on this tour but still probably pass after reading this thread. Don't want to taint the memory.

We saw him about a year and a half ago, loved it. Really enjoyed the stories about his career and the friends he made. We were thinking about getting tickets for one of the stops on this tour but still probably pass after reading this thread. Don't want to taint the memory.
The only issue for me before I bought tickets for January was the price.  From this thread, I wouldn't see him if he played the night before. Otherwise, I think the show will be fine.  

Man. Saw him in Vegas 5+ years ago and he was fantastic. Going to pass on his LA shows after reading these 
I wouldn't pass on him if you like him. I still think the show was great. His voice is still there and there are moments where the show is incredible. He just has a hard time moving around much.

Don`t..it was still good and entertaining.

Just have to realize he is 72 and not going to put on the same type of show he did 30 years ago.

The reviews from a few months ago in here are not good.  Not sure if he just got his step back but I was really impressed with his show on Friday night.

He played for over two and a half hours and the energy on the stage was great.  Im not easily impressed either but I would overwhelmingly say it's a show worth seeing.

Seeing him at he LA forum next month...saw him in Tahoe a few years ago.  Big fan of his 70s/80s stuff.

I went on Jan 11 in Boise.  Show was great.  Maybe he was tired to start the tour, but after 3.5 weeks off, none of that showed at our show.  The end of Levon was quite impressive

The reviews from a few months ago in here are not good.  Not sure if he just got his step back but I was really impressed with his show on Friday night.

He played for over two and a half hours and the energy on the stage was great.  Im not easily impressed either but I would overwhelmingly say it's a show worth seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread