What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

That time again, what do you need on MNF? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Usually we don’t care about your stupid magical football team. :angry:  

Today is not that day. :wub:  

Tell us what you need on MNF! 

(I’m 1-1 this week with both games done, so I don’t have one to contribute,  but this worked well last week, so put it out there to the world - your hopes, your dreams, your magical football needs!) 

go! 

:pickle:

To go to bed early.  Pulled off a minor miracle holding on last night vs. Brady, White, and Edelman.  Tonight its bed early to dream of sugar plums and week 7...

Battle of the only 2 undefeated teams in my dynasty league.

Down by just under 23. 

Have Rodgers and A.Jones going. 

I'd like to hope that I'm safe.... :unsure:

League 1:  34 points from Rodgers and Graham

League 2:  Graham to score 11 more points than Gould

League 3 (best ball)  Alfred Morris to score less than 14 points and/or Richie James and/or ESB to explode.

Down by 7 pts with a WR and FLEX spot to go...

Currently rostering A. Morris and MVS with the news Allison likely out.

Garcon is a FA so I'm torn between starting MVS or him, especially considering I only need 8 pts to win

Down by 7 pts with a WR and FLEX spot to go...

Currently rostering A. Morris and MVS with the news Allison likely out.

Garcon is a FA so I'm torn between starting MVS or him, especially considering I only need 8 pts to win
With Allison and Cobb both out I really like MVS tonight.

I have a 42 point lead but he has both Adams and Jones, so I'm totally not comfortable. Wish Rodgers had more options than Adams, whom might put up 40 fantasy points by himself.

For Tyreek Hill not to score 36 some-odd points on Sunday? Also for Davante Adams not to score seventy points. I'm gonna go with safe on that one.  

I already lost. And I had Gurley and Hill.

:angry:
Are you in my league? Because I almost beat the guy with Gurley and Hill and maybe I'm misreading the score because of the Hogan pass interference penalty that one of the guys pointed out got put down on one play-by-play as no play.

:excited:

I need about 60 points out of Rodgers, Adams, Graham, and GB D in my dynasty league.

I need 40 out of Rodgers and Adams in my main redraft league.

Fingers crossed...

A miracle.  Superflex dual match-up league.  Sat Dak in my flex for CJ tonight based on the match up.  Need him to put up 36  :wall: or I go 1-1.   Like I said, a miracle.

Complicated, but if Blake Martinez has zero tackles and zero ints, but subbing for an injured Aaron Rodgers he throws  for less than 250 yards, has no rushing or passing tds and throws 5 ints then I win.

3 points ahead with my Davante Adams going against his Jimmy Graham. I have a bad gut feeling about it. Tie is only at all in question due to Succup laying an egg versus Gostkowski scoring 22 points for my opponent. Bloody kickers. 

For Tyreek Hill not to score 36 some-odd points on Sunday?
I, too, need a time machine, but mostly so I could slot in Tarik Cohen for Cooper who got me and all other owners a bagel this weekend.

And I think you're safe on Adams.

However, the way these teams match up, seems like we're in for a more pass success than run success. 

While not tough match ups by any means, SF has actually been OK against non-elite runners -- it's really only been DJ who was allowed to score a few times and only Gurley went over 60 yards on this squad. They have strong interior line and LB play that can help their run D rank 10th against the run in terms of YPG this year. 

GB ranks 16th in rush YPG, but also have near-elite middle run defenders in Clark at NT and Martinez in MLB, and SF's O-Line has been banged up (Staley, McGlinchey, Richburg). 

Passing match ups are a little more lenient. For GB, they have Rodgers, who --dinged or not -- can deliver. Aside from Sherman who is playing well and Buckner who can deliver pressure, there is not a lot to fear in the SF pass D. For those relying on Graham specifically, it could very well work out as TE has been vulnerable for SF -- they've allowed TDs to TEs in nearly every game this year so far and were absolutely torched by Kelce a few weeks back.

While jury is still out on Beathard's ability to succeed in this offense (especially in not turning the ball over), if SF can handle GB's ability to pressure the QB, their secondary is quite beatable, and Kittle has been a great outlet when pressure is on.

I need 37 between Adams and MVS, provided Allison and Cobb take one more week off as next week is the Packers bye week so maybe they come back well rested instead of trying to play this week. 

I doubt it will happen, but there’s an outside chance. 

I need 17.7 points in my 0.5 point PPR league from EITHER Aaron Jones or Matt Breida.  After planning to start Jones all week, I'm a little torn on who to start now that Breida is active.  Undoubtedly I'll make the wrong decision whichever way I go.

Jones has yet to clear that point plateau all season thanks to the lack of faith from McCarthy.  Breida managed it once back in Week 2 against an egregiously bad Lions defense and without a bum ankle.

Game script here tells me to lean on Jones in hopes of a breakout MNF performance... but I'm not optimistic.  The 1-2 punch of Kareem Hunt and Latavius Murray largely sunk my chances this week.  That's a lot to withstand in a 16-team format.

Beathard < 17.5 in one league

Beathard + Graham > 28 in another (but that league scores everything higher, so I could plausibly get both)

Truebluey said:
With Allison and Cobb both out I really like MVS tonight.

I have a 42 point lead but he has both Adams and Jones, so I'm totally not comfortable. Wish Rodgers had more options than Adams, whom might put up 40 fantasy points by himself.
Whew! Just survived by 3 points. 

When he threw to Adams in the end zone on that last play I nearly died. Thank goodness they were really just using up 3 seconds. 

The Claymaker said:
I need 37 between Adams and MVS, provided Allison and Cobb take one more week off as next week is the Packers bye week so maybe they come back well rested instead of trying to play this week. 

I doubt it will happen, but there’s an outside chance. 
Turned out I won by double digits. FF is such a b#$#& sometimes. 

Users who are viewing this thread