What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-2019 NBA DFS (2 Viewers)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Well a bunch of us won tickets and need some help so time to start this year's thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best cheap clue plays...

PG - Rozier $4100

SG - Roberson $3700, Roddick $5100, Iguodola $4300

SF - Covington $6500, really none

PF - Morris $4500, Grant $4700

C - Bayness $3500

Looks like FD did something really stupid with dropping your lowest scoring player from your lineup.  Seems like stud lineups are the way to good as the bunch of middling guys approach now leaves a lot of cap and supposed production on the bench.  I think the way to handle this is to make sure the guy who isn't used is a punt.  

The key to tonight's 2 game slate is whether Westbrook plays or not. I'm going to fade him either way but if he is out Diallo at min price should be a great play. Also if he is out George becomes a must play and Schroeder gets a bump as well.

I'll be fading Durant too and spending up on either Curry or Embiid to go with George and working from there.

Usually wait a week or so to play NBA to get a feel for the minutes and impact of coaching changes and rookies but for free I'm going in.

Looks like FD did something really stupid with dropping your lowest scoring player from your lineup.  Seems like stud lineups are the way to good as the bunch of middling guys approach now leaves a lot of cap and supposed production on the bench.  I think the way to handle this is to make sure the guy who isn't used is a punt.  
Yep was just thinking about this. Slot the best $3500 of the night and move on. If you need to upgrade that position, pick a $3500 elsewhere. 

I think it's a dumb change too and should be a separate contest type/choice not the new standard. There will be times when your min priced punt play gets counted- last second scratch, early injury/ejection or just general suckitude by 1 of your other guys.

Brutal night.  Down $100 on the night.  Got smoked in the $9 smoke show (NBA single game), 0fer 11 and that was in an 80% full contest.  Looney outscored Diallo and Felton by a ton.  The key was to be off George and on Schroder and then on Adams over Thompson.  Cashed 4 of the 11 clutch tickets.  If I had stuck with that I would have been fine.

Obviously the NBA is above my pay grade.

Just missed min cashing with 277.2 and that was with Diallo 9 points counting. The key was to have Simmons over Irving or Looney/Adams over Embiid.

I'll be waiting a couple weeks before playing NBA again so I can have some data to work with.

Finally getting around to looking at an NBA slate (tomorrow). Ugh, I can’t overstate how much I loathe this “drop the crappiest score” thing. 

@Chaos Commish, @Megla,

How are you guys approaching this new format? I can see 2 ways to tackle it — punt a spot w/ some $3500 guy or go cheapish high-variance guys in 2 spots and hope at least 1 varies high. 
I'm using it as an opportunity to get two studs in a lineup.  For instance, yesterday you could have started Giannis and Brow, essentially punting a position.  Granted, you had to hit on guys like Levert, Hardaway, Osman, Doncic, etc., but those were all guys that were in play from the research I did. 

Tennessee_ATO said:
@Chaos Commish, @Megla,

How are you guys approaching this new format? I can see 2 ways to tackle it — punt a spot w/ some $3500 guy or go cheapish high-variance guys in 2 spots and hope at least 1 varies high. 
I've been going high priced and two sub 4000 players hoping one can get me 7X+ and have the other  dropped

Dunn is out so bump Holiday at 4500?

McGruder and Jones Jr. for 3500 each might fit the bill tonight if the Heat have a similar rotation as last night.

I won 100 whole Fanduel Points in last night's NBA Tipoff freeroll. It is showing as a loss - I guess because there are no cash winnings- but it is the only time I've collected anything in a free FD contest and I'm calling it a win!

Dunn is out so bump Holiday at 4500?

McGruder and Jones Jr. for 3500 each might fit the bill tonight if the Heat have a similar rotation as last night.
Was just coming to post this. I'll add Cameron Payne and Evan Turner to the mix.

For cash, if you don't start with LeBron and Embiid you are doing it wrong.

Looking mainly at GPPs since I don't do a lot of NBA, but thoughts on this lineup on FD (dropping lowest)?

PG - Cameron Payne (CHI - $4,000)

PG - Damian Lillard (POR - $9,900)

SG - Zach LaVine (CHI - $6,800)

SG - Markelle Fultz (PHI - $5,700)

SF - Josh Richardson (MIA - $9,900)

SF - Jabari Parker (CHI - $6,200)

PF - Dario Saric (PHI - $5,900)

PF - Bobby Portis (CHI - $5,700)

C - Josef Nurkic (POR - $7,800)

Kinda scared of not having any Simmons, LeBron or Embiid, but looking to differentiate and try to hit big money.

The prizes are tiny, so you might not want to bother, but I otherwise recommend the free NBA Tipoff even just to test a strategy. I won a .25 cent NBA  entry last night after the 100 FP pts last time ( like I said - tiny) - but I'm pretty ignorant about basketball .I'm talking "I don't know what teams most of my players are on"-level ignorant :bag:   I'm just playing around  testing out the value of optimizers and articles. So you all might actually win something meaningful. There are some NBA store credits.

Just missed min cashing with 277.2 and that was with Diallo 9 points counting. The key was to have Simmons over Irving or Looney/Adams over Embiid.

I'll be waiting a couple weeks before playing NBA again so I can have some data to work with.
Yeah, it’s really tough this early, especially w/ this new format.

That's what I've seen in various player notes. I'm playing the free Tipoff with a (Rotowire) optimizer lineup that has Embiib and McConnell. The other optimal lineup tool I  found (Sportsline cheat sheet) doesn't like Embiib, but I don't think it is factoring out Simmons. I may check later and see if updated.

Doing a couple .25 on DK tonight. Drummond is in and Simmons likely out. Really liked Embiid and Blake if Drummond was out not so sure now. Pay up for AD and hope game stays close or he crushes early?

<sigh> Thank goodness I just piddled. My lunchtime placeholder included all 3 Sixers I thought might get bumps. Then I spaced out and forgot to review later. That’s too many on one side of the projected lowest scoring game. 

<sigh> Thank goodness I just piddled. My lunchtime placeholder included all 3 Sixers I thought might get bumps. Then I spaced out and forgot to review later. That’s too many on one side of the projected lowest scoring game. 
Overtime baby! Could be working out for you now. I'm using Embiid,Blake and McConnell.

Overtime baby! Could be working out for you now. I'm using Embiid,Blake and McConnell.
So i’ll top 300 and whiff. My big guns are Embiid and Jokic. JJ was great. TJ was good. Tobias did what Tobias does — 1 great half, 1 crummy half. I’m just rolling 0.1 credits so I’ve got that going for me. Just need to start getting a feel for how the masses are building lineups. Looks like RG may be a popular build. 

On DK I m 16 points from 1st but have 33 more minutes than the team ahead of me so have a shot. Haven't seen anyone using Davis . Griffin and Blake both under 16% owned.

Had a chance to catch the bottom of my doubles and 50/50’s. But the Denver game has gotten way too ugly. I can’t see Jokic and Jamal doing anything in the 4th. 

Finished 4th with 317.4 good for $2.01 on basically .25 because I used a .25 ticket for 1 entry. Looks like some Bagley teams passed me and Lou Williams went cold for me. Other lineup was garbage at 226ish.

Raging weasel said:
Finished 4th with 317.4 good for $2.01 on basically .25 because I used a .25 ticket for 1 entry. Looks like some Bagley teams passed me and Lou Williams went cold for me. Other lineup was garbage at 226ish.
Yeah, Lou hurt me too. Wouldn’t have necessarily been fatal if Jokic and Jamal played the 4th at all.

The Greek or Lebron? 
I think LeBron is going to dominate usage tonight with the suspensions still in effect.  He's a little cheaper on both sites and I think the team realizes they need to turn this around sitting at 0-3.  Look for LeBron to put the team on his shoulders and do everything he can to will the Lakers to a victory tonight.  Plus, he's in the highest O/U on the slate tonight.  All that being said, I don't think I'll roster either tonight.

I think LeBron is going to dominate usage tonight with the suspensions still in effect.  He's a little cheaper on both sites and I think the team realizes they need to turn this around sitting at 0-3.  Look for LeBron to put the team on his shoulders and do everything he can to will the Lakers to a victory tonight.  Plus, he's in the highest O/U on the slate tonight.  All that being said, I don't think I'll roster either tonight.
That’s kind of my thinking. Or I could go w/ KD then finagle to add Love. 

I went with Greek and have a nice lineup going in the $1 Swat. ?
I hedged and split my action. Greek lineups raked (min-cashed the GPPs). The Lebron lineup whiffed. Trae’s foul trouble and Gordon's putrid shooting night were my land mines. It also didn’t help that Taj only got 19 mins for some reason, none of it in the 4th. I wasn’t watching so I don’t know what happened. But another 10 mins from him might have been all I needed. He was very solid for the mins he got. 

My two best lineups faded both.

Steph, Cameron Payne, LaVine, Rodney McGruder, KD, Casspi, Love, Wendell Carter Jr, Kanter - 302.5 FD points

Kemba, Payne, Booker, McGruder, KD, Kyle Anderson, Love, Bagley, Ayton - 305.9 FD points 

At 11:30pm I was in 8th place with a path to top 3 based on who was ahead of me, but I knew the Lebron lineups and others would be charging.  Finished with 332pts in exactly 100th place.  Basically just missed at PF.  The winner was able to surround Greek, Lebron and Embiid with enough points.

Payne, Kemba, LaVine, McGruder, Dudley, Greek, Love, Morris, McGee

273.6 w/ Lebron, 300.8 w/ Greek. Cutlines were 274-280. Lot of land mines last night. Gotta say it was odd seeing Lebron only play 28 minutes even in a blowout. It’s good for him obviously but it’s going to change the calculus a bit I think. He’s always been good for 35+ if he plays. 

Targeting Lebrick with drummond or Griffin.  Like some cheap plays of Ross and Stephenson.  PG I had Westbrook but took him out for Irving and upgrade elsewhere.  Still fiddling.

Not sure of any must plays, but someone from Cleveland is bound to step up with Love out.  I just dont know enough to know who.  

Don't think its Cedi though

Damn 6:00 Central starts. I had a lunchtime build as a placeholder then things got off track this evening and couldn’t change anything. 

I didn’t know who to use from Cleveland — they are atrocious. It seemed like Tristan ClarkHood were all options, but blech. 

I ended up w/ Reggie and Blake in that game. Then Reggie grabbed 3 quick fouls. Soooo... he’s the early drop leader 

Nobody seemed worth it to me unless you used a long shot salary saver like Frye Nwaba Korver to either get lucky or drop the score. Even on the short slate, there seemed to be enough options to be able to avoid the Hoods and Clarksons of the Cavs. If I didn’t botch with Nwaba, I’d have dropped from his 3600 to any SG 3500 (Korver I think) and then had the coveted $100 I was looking for to get from Ball to Kyrie. 

Nobody seemed worth it to me unless you used a long shot salary saver like Frye Nwaba Korver to either get lucky or drop the score. Even on the short slate, there seemed to be enough options to be able to avoid the Hoods and Clarksons of the Cavs. If I didn’t botch with Nwaba, I’d have dropped from his 3600 to any SG 3500 (Korver I think) and then had the coveted $100 I was looking for to get from Ball to Kyrie. 
I faded that Boston-OKC game completely. I’ve got 5 going in the Laker-Nuggets game. We’ll see I guess. Vuk, Blake, Fournier were all OK-ish. Hopefully Jackson is my drop, but I have a few darts yet to go (Stephenson, Hernangomez, KCP). Having all 3 of them hit seems unlikely. Really like Jokic and Lonzo tho. 

Users who are viewing this thread