Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2018-2019 NBA DFS

Recommended Posts

Wow, didn't pay much attention after the 1st half of Pistons game but ended up scoring 294 and cashing for $4 on $1. LeBron had a good game and almost all my cheap guys payed off- Ross,Morris,Stephenson and Collins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Harden out going to build around Gordon, Paul and Capella and take my chances fading Greek and AD. Most of my other guys will be from Sac/Wash for values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels dirty using Paul and having a few hundo left over with Curry sitting there.

My placeholder has Bjelica at SF.  His MPG this season are 27, 10, 30, 20, and 31.  Is this foul trouble or something else?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaVine got the bump over 8000 and is priced right at 5x his avg.  I've used him every Bulls game since the opener.  Him, McGee and a few others have been severely underpriced on FD.  He's due for a clunker, but the Bulls are playing it back against Charlotte so I'm leaning Kemba and LaVine again tonight.  Any thoughts on LaVine tonight?  I currently have him paired with Gordon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had Beal in my lineup but scared off by injury so rolling with AD after all with Paul,Gordon, Capella and Sac guys for savings 

Good luck all!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met my wife for lunch so I didn’t get to do my lunchtime builds. Slapped a couple lineups together when I was shutting down for the week at work. Sub-optimal strategy but I need to get some data points. Only playing w/ 0.1 units. Wonder if KAT is going to redeem himself after that last embarrassing effort. Ran him out in one. Paul should be a good play but I faded him in both. Probably a mistake 

I’m still not comfortable w/ how to approach this dead spot to maximize my roster. Running G. Green and Rivers as my 2 minimum-ish guys. D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

LOL. 2 of my double ups are actually quintuple ups. Oops. Let that be a lesson, kids. Don’t do your daily fantasy in a big hurry on your phone. 

At least Green is kicking ###! I pulled him for Dotson when I changed my lineup:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

At least Green is kicking ###! I pulled him for Dotson when I changed my lineup:wall:

I entered the late game ranked in the mid-90’s in my 100-man 50/50’s. Had Wall and Morris tho, so I ran down 60-ish people in all of them to finish in the money. Caught my doubles too. Needless to say I whiffed on my quints. Was hit or miss on my GPPs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

I entered the late game ranked in the mid-90’s in my 100-man 50/50’s. Had Wall and Morris tho, so I ran down 60-ish people in all of them to finish in the money. Caught my doubles too. Needless to say I whiffed on my quints. Was hit or miss on my GPPs. 

Nice! I was 0-2(-$4) Paul and Gordon sucked and so did most of my Sac guys. Only hit on Bjelica, Capella and Davis. Scored 269 about 17 from min cashing in each.

Edited by Raging weasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy building lineups on larger slates like tonight. It’s much tougher, but the exercise itself is fun for me. May have some time this afternoon to do a bit of a dive. If so, will post my thoughts here. Keep in mind tho, this is pre-Thanksgiving nba. Stuff is really unsettled right now. 

Anyone have any word on Embiid? Any Lakers fans out there who can give insight into what Lonzo's usage will look like now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won another ticket last night on 2 entries. The one lineup I had was horrible and the other was locked in rather early at 264. Managed to finish 93rd with a slew of underperformers and Lillard and Nance, must have been a tough night to score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone cash that daily freeroll for a ticket yet (not points)? Did you get a voucher the next day? I haven’t seen anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Anyone cash that daily freeroll for a ticket yet (not points)? Did you get a voucher the next day? I haven’t seen anything. 

Check your vouchers. I have one for $1 NBA Dribbler tonight, but didn't get any notification. It is from Sat game. They don't seem to do them til Monday-at least for weekend wins, which both of mine were. Last Friday I won a .25 voucher and it didn't show til Monday. But that time I got a notification to alert me it was there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Mystery Achiever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks. I think it’s there at the top, it’s dated “Thursday”, and says it has to be used by 10/31. Doesn’t link to a contest. Assume it will open up Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THat may be for the 10/31 contest that you qualify for by playing any of the tipofffs. I don't think that's your voucher. Does it correspond to the value of what you won? (Be sure to look under Vouchers, not just Notifications You probably did, but just want to be sure since rosters lock pretty soon if you do have one for tonight,)

ETA- Just checked and I don't have what you described so that could be for your voucher. 

Edited by Mystery Achiever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Saturday didn’t go as planned — no time for anything. Spent a few minutes this evening looking at it.  Cash. 

Nikilitina/Bledsoe — not sold on Bledsoe but his salary fit. Niki gets what looks to be a dreadful Brooklyn defense. 

Crabbe/Jrue — with Brow out Jrue’s udage should increase. Crabbe’s minutes and usage should continue to increase and at $3600 he’s worth a dart. 

Mirotic/Lebron — Mirotic’s usage should be high w/ Brow out. O/u on the Lakers is 240 w/ a 1.5 line. Lebron is only constant there right now. 

Ilyasova/Ingram — illyasova is starting and cheap. Think he’s underrated as a player. Ingram will start in high scoring game. 

Randle — assuming he’s playing. He’s not my favorite play here, but his usage should be enough. 

3 Pellys is 1 too many but that’s where I am now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May not have time to build my GPPs. I suck at that anyway. Anyone have a favorite dart there? Will Simmons ho off tonight w/ all the talk about his awol shooting? Lord knows Atl can’t play defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought a lot today but didn’t finish lineup til near tip. 

Rose seems pretty reliable at the moment while healthy and at his price point which isn’t moving. I’ve penciled him in like I have with McGee, LaVine (not automatic anymore), McGruder most nights, Harrell the past week, I know there’s a few others...

Bjelica is getting close but they’re going to bump him after tonight, I think.

Went right to Mirotic and Jrue with AD and Elfrid out. 

I prob should be playing more cash games since this seems like cash mentality. Not getting too fancy, finding my guys, and then filling in. Also not worrying too much about the dropped score. I’m finding most nights I have at least two players between 3500-4500 and that’s been working out. I hit the freeroll last night with Diallo’s 0 and won with Nwaba’s 0. I guess the drop is a positive to me.

Are the $1 and $2 5050 and 2x contests around 270 points in general?

 

Edited by Bobcat10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

THat may be for the 10/31 contest that you qualify for by playing any of the tipofffs. I don't think that's your voucher. Does it correspond to the value of what you won? (Be sure to look under Vouchers, not just Notifications You probably did, but just want to be sure since rosters lock pretty soon if you do have one for tonight,)

ETA- Just checked and I don't have what you described so that could be for your voucher. 

It worked, it’s just an entry into the Fadeaway. I think I had to either wait until tonight tipped off or all of tonight’s slates  to tip. Thanks.

Edited by Bobcat10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Thought a lot today but didn’t finish lineup til near tip. 

Rose seems pretty reliable at the moment while healthy and at his price point which isn’t moving. I’ve penciled him in like I have with McGee, LaVine (not automatic anymore), McGruder most nights, Harrell the past week, I know there’s a few others...

Bjelica is getting close but they’re going to bump him after tonight, I think.

Went right to Mirotic and Jrue with AD and Elfrid out. 

I prob should be playing more cash games since this seems like cash mentality. Not getting too fancy, finding my guys, and then filling in. Also not worrying too much about the dropped score. I’m finding most nights I have at least two players between 3500-4500 and that’s been working out. I hit the freeroll last night with Diallo’s 0 and won with Nwaba’s 0. I guess the drop is a positive to me.

Are the $1 and $2 5050 and 2x contests around 270 points in general?

 

Depends on the slate, guys out, etc. looks like some folks are done @ 300 in my cash games, sitting at the top. Don’t know that they’ll cash when the dust settles. The dead spot is new. But so is the apparent league memo prohibiting defense from being played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight looks high scoring. Embiid is a waste in one lineup. The other had the wrong Warrior. Don’t think my Pels can pull it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. 317.6. Missed the cutline in all my doubles and all my 50/50’s by 0.6. Faded GS b/c I figured a curb-stomping was in the offing. Didn’t see 92 in the 1st half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

It worked, it’s just an entry into the Fadeaway. I think I had to either wait until tonight tipped off or all of tonight’s slates  to tip. Thanks.

Glad you didn't miss it. Good luck. I just squeezed in over the cut line (308.9) in mine by 1.5 points. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lunchtime build for cash:

Paul/DJ

Lamb (I can’t believe I’m considering him)/Lou Williams

Prince/Anderson

Blake/Tobias

Gasol

2 Grizz and a former Vol. Might not be optimal lineup for everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I threw together a couple lineups, mainly cash options but always drop them in a GPP, just in case.

D.J. Augustin, Kyrie, Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Kyle Anderson, Batum, Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon, Embiid

CP3, Kemba, Schroeder, J.J. Redick, Covington, Gerald Green, Jaren Jackson Jr, Ibaka, Drummond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what I came up with.  Leaves $600 extra that I don't know what to do with.  Hopefully have time to rework, I think without Simmons.

Kemba, Simmons

McGruder, LWilliams

Bjelica, Turner

Harrell, ZCollins

Capela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not good at NBA at all so take what I say as a complete beginner.  I saw multiple reports that with morris and another player not in lineup that Jeff Green will get some added minutes.  As for the rest of my lineup I like bjelica, McGruder, Westbrook, and harell.  The rest is filler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved to green as well. Going back to well with Embiid. 

Paul, Walker

Fournier, LWill

Green, Bjelica

Siakam, ZCollins

Embiid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I moved to green as well. Going back to well with Embiid. 

Paul, Walker

Fournier, LWill

Green, Bjelica

Siakam, ZCollins

Embiid

Also got this in:

Lowry, Dragic

Bazemore, McGruder

Green, Bjelica

Harrell, Ibaka

Embiid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

lilliard sexton

ross gordon

george bjelica

nance grant

stein

I had a feeling this was Sexton’s breakout night but decided to stay expensive at PG. It’s coming soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lilliard and George a combined 17% owned, now just need them to put up 130+. What's up with Nance tonight, foul trouble or just bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Lilliard and George a combined 17% owned, now just need them to put up 130+. What's up with Nance tonight, foul trouble or just bad?

Just not active. Got 9 mins which is about right. Just a few shots tho. Maybe he’ll assert himself some 2nd half. That team’s a mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

 What's up with Nance tonight, foul trouble or just bad?

He’s ok, but he’s going to be inconsistent for DFS. I was kind of surprised by his price tag a few days ago when I noticed it. Too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

Glad my pain gave you enjoyment @Raging weasel

I recouped a tad over half my losses w/ my gpp lineup at least (306 even). 

Didn't understand this at first then reread your post with my like. I read it wrong and liked it because I thought you were in the top 307-sorry :(.

Nice score for gpp I only got to 264.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Didn't understand this at first then reread your post with my like. I read it wrong and liked it because I thought you were in the top 307-sorry :(.

Nice score for gpp I only got to 264.

No worries. Made me laugh actually. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do we handle GS games right now? I like a couple Pelicans (Frazier and/or Jackson as $3500 darts w/ Elf out and Mirotic even if Brow is back) but not if the game is out of hand at the half. GS is going to give up points, they just may be to the 11th and 12th guys on NO. Then you have GS averaging 1.2 points per possession, but no one player (or even 2 players) keying it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw multiple people play all 4 Warriors the other night and win.  And that was the blowout game.  They scored a combined 180 points.  Slotting them today leaves 5020 per open spot left.

Edited by Bobcat10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Saw multiple people play all 4 Warriors the other night and win.  And that was the blowout game.  They scored a combined 180 points.  Slotting them today leaves 5020 per open spot left.

Yeah, but they had 92 at the half. If you assume that’s not likely again tonight, you have to wonder if 160 (their average) is good enough for $35,800. Seems like an ok gpp play, but not really cash, especially when you have that Lakers game sitting there w/ value everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

Anyone know why RG is so high on Tyus Jones?

Teague and Butler are out, but not sure why Tyus gets the big bump unless he’s in the starting lineup at min value. They prob will keep Rose’s role the same? Need to look at Okogie too, he was nice the one time I used him when Butler was out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Teague and Butler are out, but not sure why Tyus gets the big bump unless he’s in the starting lineup at min value. They prob will keep Rose’s role the same? Need to look at Okogie too, he was nice the one time I used him when Butler was out. 

I was looking at Okogie. They’re projecting 25.5 out of Tyus @ $3500. That just seems awfully optimistic unless there’s something I’m missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.