What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Man, I barely squeaked by in a couple contests last week. Won by 0.08, 0.1, 0.16, and 0.26 in 4 of my 6 contests. Not sure I should press my luck this week, but of course I will.

Entered 10 entries into the $0.25 contest with a chance at $9 tickets.  Using a lot of varied combos mostly with RBs in the 1.5 slot. I think that DJ or a Broncos RB is the high scorer, so 6 of my 10 entries have them in MVP. I have Keenum in 3, and Rosen in 1, not much confidence in him. I find myself with the QBs sometimes, RBs a lot of the time, Kickers a medium amount, and almost 0 exposure to DT or Fitz, so they'll probably do awesome. 

Not feeling excited yet about this weeks options...a few early ideas for cash game from the main slate in no particular order:

QB: Trubisky, Cousins, Winston, Flacco

RB: Yeldon, Cohen, Barber, Murray, Drake (Holy crap!  I can't believe this list...has failure written all over it!  I better look harder.)

WR: Theilen, Golladay, Crabtree, Landry (How many times can I be burned on this guy...I may never learn), M. Jones, Goodwin

TE: Rudolph, Howard, Njoku

DEF: IND, DET, MIA, BUF

ETA...dang, I look over this list and there are no anchors, except maybe Theilen.  Way too much volatility up there for cash... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling excited yet about this weeks options...a few early ideas for cash game from the main slate in no particular order:

QB: Trubisky, Cousins, Winston, Flacco

RB: Yeldon, Cohen, Barber, Murray, Drake (Holy crap!  I can't believe this list...has failure written all over it!  I better look harder.)

WR: Theilen, Golladay, Crabtree, Landry (How many times can I be burned on this guy...I may never learn), M. Jones, Goodwin

TE: Rudolph, Howard, Njoku

DEF: IND, DET, MIA, BUF

ETA...dang, I look over this list and there are no anchors, except maybe Theilen.  Way too much volatility up there for cash... 
Is this a week to go Thurs-Mon.  That would unlock a still too cheap Barkley.  

My league goes Sunday through Monday, and I am staring at a LU with Cam, Zeke, Barkley, and Gurley.  

So many cheap wrs like Kearse available that I think its yet another week of cramming in 3-4 studs and digging for wr and te value. 

ETA: my main slate placeholder has gurley/zeke/cohen/thielen  with cheap options like Bortles, Njoku, R.anderson rounding it out. 

Players I'm interested in for tournaments this week:

Mayfield, Newton, Manning, Bortles

Lindsay, Mack, Cohen, Gore, McCoy

Beckham, Godwin, Snead, Woods, Gabriel, Landry, Rogers (Indy)

Njoku, Uzomah, Olsen, Hooper

Now that Derek Anderson is starting for the Bills Sunday, I think I'll play him on a $1 ticket just for fun.

Man, I really don't like the main slate this week, and it feels wrong to not go with Gurley, but I just put this in for another $1 SE gpp:

Wentz - Zeke/Michel/K.Johnson - Thielen/Kearse/T.Smith - Ertz - Det.  

I like most of it in a gpp except for Kearse/Det, so I think I will be staring at that part more.  

So my lineup for tonight, one lineup 2 se gpp-

DJ (1.5)

sanders

huerman

lindsey

freeman

0 qb strategy tonight, let’s see how it plays out....

So- as far as cheaper QBs go,  how do we rank Beathard, Mayfield, Trubisky?
Baker

CJ

mitch

I like the baker-njoku stack this week. Beathard is a better qb than given credit, and I think will carve out a McCown/fitzpatrick type career. I think the bears prefer to win with defense, and would like to see more before I put too much stock there. Cleveland sets up well for a big passing game, beathard lacks weapons, and the bears have other ways to win. 

So- as far as cheaper QBs go,  how do we rank Beathard, Mayfield, Trubisky?
I actually like Stafford this week a lot, and will load up on Kenny G for $7000. Kerryon as well if riddick can’t go. Homer picks, take with a grain of salt, but I think it’s a must win game and they come out aggressive.

Snorkelson said:
0 qb strategy tonight, let’s see how it plays out....
Was just thinking about this strategy for tonight. Going to see if any ticket contests look nice in the next hour. 

Had no luck this evening finding my bread and butter $1 SE GPPs on the THU - MON slate.  Guess I need to put in dummy lineups earlier in the week?

I ended up trying something new and creating some 3-man contests, and entering a 10-man and 100-man.  Should enjoy lower rake, right?

Did not enter any single-game LUs for tonight.

Got a $ referral bonus for my buddy signing up, so I put in 10 25cent LUS on tonight's slate.  GB you guys that are winning tix doing this - I think I am about 0-40 on my tix entries.  

Snorkelson said:
Baker

CJ

mitch

I like the baker-njoku stack this week. Beathard is a better qb than given credit, and I think will carve out a McCown/fitzpatrick type career. I think the bears prefer to win with defense, and would like to see more before I put too much stock there. Cleveland sets up well for a big passing game, beathard lacks weapons, and the bears have other ways to win. 
Well, #### - I had them in reverse order.  I usually try to lean towards home QBs, and both of those guys should be behind all game, and the Ds they are facing are not that good.  I love my Pats, but they are one of the worst at generating pressure vs Qbs this season, so I thought Trubisky would stay fairly clean and have time to throw.  

I am too indecisive for this.  :lol:

Well, #### - I had them in reverse order.  I usually try to lean towards home QBs, and both of those guys should be behind all game, and the Ds they are facing are not that good.  I love my Pats, but they are one of the worst at generating pressure vs Qbs this season, so I thought Trubisky would stay fairly clean and have time to throw.  

I am too indecisive for this.  :lol:
So do I...  :hifive:

:lol:

Screw it, I am behind in points on the year,  so I am trotting out this beast for my Sun-Mon league LU:

Beathard

Gurley/Barkley/Hunt

Thielen/Kearse/Snead?

Brate?

Buffalo

Hoping that the  5 bolded provide a 100-110pt floor.  

Ouch...$631 in, $245 out and 11 tickets if I counted correctly.  Really pathetic when you consider the overlay was in my favor.

KarmaPolice said:
Man, I really don't like the main slate this week, and it feels wrong to not go with Gurley, but I just put this in for another $1 SE gpp:

Wentz - Zeke/Michel/K.Johnson - Thielen/Kearse/T.Smith - Ertz - Det.  
Agree.I never do the Thurs/Mon, but I guess this would have been a good week to look at it.  Between byes and primetime/London games, Thielen and Gurley are basically their own tiers. Lots of top QB options missing,too (Rivers/Roeth/Ryan/Mahomes). 

Why is Landry a must play in most of the FBG material every week and every week a disappointment?  He's popping up in my lineups again this week and I'm trying to find a reason to feel good about it.

Maybe because he gets so many targets? And this week is theoretically a great matchup, though defense could respond after coordinator fired. I'm not considering him. I did think about Calloway because he's so cheap and need to balance Gurley/Thielen pricing, but he's not in for now.

KarmaPolice said:
:lol:

Screw it, I am behind in points on the year,  so I am trotting out this beast for my Sun-Mon league LU:

Beathard

Gurley/Barkley/Hunt

Thielen/Kearse/Snead?

Brate?

Buffalo

Hoping that the  5 bolded provide a 100-110pt floor.  
I like it.  I was starting to warm up to the idea of Snead as well.  Should be a high scoring affair against his former team.  I am not real excited about Kearse or Brate, but I understand the cash flow issue with the rest of that line up.  maybe my lack of love for Brate has to do with the fact I have Howard in my placeholder lineup..  :D   Another sneaky cheap TE option could be Clay.  Anderson in at QB for Buf, and I don't recall the Indy defense stopping anyone recently.  Along those same sneaky lines could be Kelvin Benjamin as a dirt cheap WR.  He has some history with Anderson

I know TB is better against run than pass.. Duke is actually $300 more. I may just ignore the whole thing after settling on a lineup. 

Hadouken!  Super Game Stacks for all the millionz!

Brady, Edelman, Gordon, Gronk, Gabriel + Zeke, Duke Johnson, Marvin Jones, Colts

Flacco, Brown, Snead, Thomas, Ben Watson and Gus Edwards (who?!) + Zeke, Adam Thielen, Jags

CJ Beathard, Goodwin, Gurley, Woods + TJ Yeldon, Adam Thielen, Edelman, Jordan Thomas (who?!), Ravens

Gus Edwards is the #3RB in Baltimore.  He out-touched Buck Allen last week.  Jordan Thomas is backup TE in Houston (Griffen OUT).  They are here for the 50K bargain bin bonus....and because these tickets were free.

Hadouken!  Super Game Stacks for all the millionz!

Brady, Edelman, Gordon, Gronk, Gabriel + Zeke, Duke Johnson, Marvin Jones, Colts

Flacco, Brown, Snead, Thomas, Ben Watson and Gus Edwards (who?!) + Zeke, Adam Thielen, Jags

CJ Beathard, Goodwin, Gurley, Woods + TJ Yeldon, Adam Thielen, Edelman, Jordan Thomas (who?!), Ravens

Gus Edwards is the #3RB in Baltimore.  He out-touched Buck Allen last week.  Jordan Thomas is backup TE in Houston (Griffen OUT).  They are here for the 50K bargain bin bonus....and because these tickets were free.
I like it.   I got sucked in and put in 4 more $1 LUs in the mix.  For those, I locked in the core of:  Gurley/Kamara/Zeke/Njoku/Buffalo.   Then I just did a  cheap stack/game stack from the QB and WRs, so I have:

1.  Flacco/Snead + T.Smith for NO   

2.  Mayfield/Ratley (along with Njoku) + Godwin 

3.   Trubisky/Gabriel  + Hogan (might actually just skip Hogan here and do something else)

4.   Beathard/Goodwin + Cooks (along with Gurley from the Core)

Just a little food for thought at this late hour: Vikings at the Jets, Panthers at the Eagles, Saints at Ravens & the Cowboys at Redskins will all be dealing with strong winds. Not going to fade them completely, but, definitely going to limit exposure for the Main Slate. Minn/NYJ - winds 21-28 mph, gusts to 40. CAR/PHL - winds 17-22 mph, gusts to 34. NO/BAL - winds 17-21 mph, gusts to 43. DAL/WASH - winds 18-20 mph, gusts to 41. From the NWS.  

Just a little food for thought at this late hour: Vikings at the Jets, Panthers at the Eagles, Saints at Ravens & the Cowboys at Redskins will all be dealing with strong winds. Not going to fade them completely, but, definitely going to limit exposure for the Main Slate. Minn/NYJ - winds 21-28 mph, gusts to 40. CAR/PHL - winds 17-22 mph, gusts to 34. NO/BAL - winds 17-21 mph, gusts to 43. DAL/WASH - winds 18-20 mph, gusts to 41. From the NWS.  
Good info. Thanks.

For most of my tournament cards I find myself fading the expensive WRs this week in favor of Gurley, Elliott, and Barkley.

jdoggydogg said:
For most of my tournament cards I find myself fading the expensive WRs this week in favor of Gurley, Elliott, and Barkley.
That's what I did with my LUs I posted above.   So many cheap WRs out there who might be viable,  I think with the Chubb news and price people will go there or with Cohen, Kamara a no show last week (although it was probably a planned "week off"),  and I think it will be a slightly different build if you jam in 2 stud RBs.  I did Gurley/Zeke/Kamara for the main slate, and Gurley/Barkley/Hunt for the Sun-Mon.  

ETA:  I think slightly different builds would be 3 stud RBs or pay up for Ertz at TE, but I don't have access to ownership #s, so I am just guessing here.  

reel_smooth said:
Just looked at RG, and they had the Minn/Jets game at Red (effecting passing and kicking games),  Houst/Jax and Car/Philly at Orange (effecting deep throws and kicks), and  NO/Balt Dal/Wash LaR/SF at Yellow (borderline to little impact, but still breezy)  

ETA:  thanks again for posting that last night and making me check that out, especially since the popular pay up spot at WR are the two Minny WRs.  

Users who are viewing this thread