What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

With M.Lynch down who is the better pickup J.Richard or D.Martin. (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Word is Lynch could be out for a while and both of these guys are on my ww.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR, Richard.

Standard, toss-up, though I would still lean Richard. I would think the Muscle Hamster (Martin) gets the meaningful running down carries, but not sure he's impressed a lot in his carries so far, and the Raiders are a team that will definitely be passing a lot. Richard is more dynamic of a runner as well.

The state of their O-line is in shambles with injury and general lackluster play, so Martin may not have the same success as Lynch did, given that Lynch's ability to make something out of nothing is pretty unparalleled. 

Is he eligible to be activated later this year ? Or did he go on IR at the wrong time for that?
I think he went on IR for the year, but I'd check that. I think his knee surgery was for the year, actually. He would have been a nice fill-in, though.  

DocHolliday said:
This seems correct.   Richard may be ok in PPR even when Lynch returns since the Raiders will be playing from behind and Carr has been checking down often.  
I disagree. I'd go Richard in both PPR and standard leagues, as he's going to rack up yardage on all the check downs. 

Is he eligible to be activated later this year ? Or did he go on IR at the wrong time for that?
I think he went on IR for the year, but I'd check that. I think his knee surgery was for the year, actually. He would have been a nice fill-in, though.  
From what I can find, anyone put on IR can be activated later in the year. There's a max of 2 players per team allowed to come back, but teams no longer have to declare the "return" designation when they put a player on IR. Players must stay on IR for at least 8 weeks before they can return.

So I think they COULD bring him back starting in week 9 (assuming he's healthy). 

I've got him stashed in one league so from a selfish perspective it would be nice to see something from him this year to set his keeper/trade value for the offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread