What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Manifest TV Show (1 Viewer)

notoriousbill

Footballguy
Started watching this new show.  Interesting concept.  Not sure if anyone here is watching but interested in others thoughts on show.    

i agree it is an interesting premise.  If they take the Lost route it could be interesting, but it probably wont make it past season 2. 

I’m watching just because I like shows like that. Not sure I super care for the characters though. I’m not a big fan of the female cop. Oddly attractive, but dumb. All the hints have been a couple moves away so her panicking that the guy was in trouble in the building was dumb. You knew it’d be like the dogs, but she didn’t learn. Hopefully, it’ll stay OK.

Wife and are hooked. very rarely do her and I like the same show..

Last time we were both hooked on the same show was Earth 2... oh ? that show got cancelled just as they landed...

I hope we haven't jinxed this one. :oldunsure:

I’m watching just because I like shows like that. Not sure I super care for the characters though. I’m not a big fan of the female cop. Oddly attractive, but dumb. All the hints have been a couple moves away so her panicking that the guy was in trouble in the building was dumb. You knew it’d be like the dogs, but she didn’t learn. Hopefully, it’ll stay OK.
Yea.. she's a little annoying at times.. love the cancer doc story saving the son.. I was Very happy last week that there was a legit reason behind the killing.. Thought they were going to introduce some phantom killer... 

Next week looks interesting :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea.. she's a little annoying at times.. love the cancer doc story saving the son.. I was Very happy last week that there was a legit reason behind the killing.. Thought they were going to introduce some phantom killer... 

Next week looks interesting :popcorn:
I haven’t finished this week’s show yet. I agree, I’m hoping there isn’t a supernatural explanation. I don’t think the government would be hiding bodies if it was, but at least I don’t know yet. That’s good as long as it isn’t a horrible explanation.

The doctor is my favorite character so far and I sort of like the dad. Cop and whiny kid are meh. Glad the little kid got sent to grandpas. 

Her eyebrows are huge, can’t get by them.  I agree, she is kind of annoying.

My wife wanted to watch so I agreed and so far we are hooked.  

It should be interesting to see where the 5 years went.   I bet it’s some alien thing.  

Her eyebrows are huge, can’t get by them.  I agree, she is kind of annoying.

My wife wanted to watch so I agreed and so far we are hooked.  

It should be interesting to see where the 5 years went.   I bet it’s some alien thing.  
Eyebrows are the deal breaker. It’s too bad, but they are like giant black caterpillars.

Been watching it.  Curious where they go with it.  Not a fan of the numbers thing, as that was already done with Lost.

We've watched the pilot and will get caught up soon.  I'm not hooked, but I'll press on.  Thought the acting was bad.  I usually don't notice things like that.  

I feel like I'm hoping for a "Lost" show and will ultimately be disappointing.  

We'll probably end up watching Lost again now.  

We've watched the pilot and will get caught up soon.  I'm not hooked, but I'll press on.  Thought the acting was bad.  I usually don't notice things like that.  

I feel like I'm hoping for a "Lost" show and will ultimately be disappointing.  

We'll probably end up watching Lost again now.  
It’s not a great show at all. Comparing it to Lost will disappoint you. I may have to rewatch Lost as well. I loved that show, even the last season.

Pulled the rip cord after the pilot. Pretty terrible, in spite of an ok concept. Acting, writing, directing...all bad. 
:goodposting:  

Terrible.  The first scene when the plane hits turbulence the lady lost her laptop and broke her screen when it hit the floor.  The stewardess says, "Oh no, I hope you didn't have anything important on there", the lady replies, "6 months of  work".   Really?  Even if you are dumb enough to not backup your work, are the writers dumb enough to think normal people don't understand you can still get your data even if the screen is broken?  wtf

Then they let everyone leave and go home almost right away.  So dumb, didn't even finish the first episode.

:goodposting:  

Terrible.  The first scene when the plane hits turbulence the lady lost her laptop and broke her screen when it hit the floor.  The stewardess says, "Oh no, I hope you didn't have anything important on there", the lady replies, "6 months of  work".   Really?  Even if you are dumb enough to not backup your work, are the writers dumb enough to think normal people don't understand you can still get your data even if the screen is broken?  wtf

Then they let everyone leave and go home almost right away.  So dumb, didn't even finish the first episode.
Aren't you the guy that thinks FTWD is must see TV :pokey:

I clearly don't take my television as serious as some of you...cripes :lmao:

Watching it and entertained fine enough.  If it's the same pattern every week where it's simply a quest to figure out what the voice means, it will get old quick, but there's plenty of ways the show can go to keep it interesting if you aren't Siskel or Ebert  :lol:  

I clearly don't take my television as serious as some of you...cripes :lmao:

Watching it and entertained fine enough.  If it's the same pattern every week where it's simply a quest to figure out what the voice means, it will get old quick, but there's plenty of ways the show can go to keep it interesting if you aren't Siskel or Ebert  :lol:  
There are a lot of really good shows on, especially since the streaming networks started making their own series to add to the cable giants. The bar is higher than its ever been and it's worth it to spend time on the best ones. 

I am sure there is one, but, I can't think of one off the top of my head that I like on the regular ota networks. Ota network tv series generally suck and this is a perfect example. 

There are a lot of really good shows on, especially since the streaming networks started making their own series to add to the cable giants. The bar is higher than its ever been and it's worth it to spend time on the best ones. 

I am sure there is one, but, I can't think of one off the top of my head that I like on the regular ota networks. Ota network tv series generally suck and this is a perfect example. 
right on :thumbup:  

Users who are viewing this thread