What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Help Blockbuster Trade! WHIR (2 Viewers)

ddiaz386

Footballguy
Redraft 12 team league 1 PPR

Should I trade Thielen and Ingram for Melvin Gordon and Kenyan Drake?

If I do this trade I can flip Melvin Gordon, Mccoy and Agholor  for Kamara, Juju and Gronk. 

Team is below:

Matt Ryan

Thielen

Josh Gordon

David Johnson

Lesean Mccoy

Kelce

Ingram

Agholor

Mack

Ito Smith

Stafford

Kearse

Ridley

If you are 100% sure you can do the flip it's good, especially if you can then sell Gronk for something.

If you are 100% sure you can do the flip it's good, especially if you can then sell Gronk for something.
So no Gronk no deal, correct? Possible counter offer might be Melvin Gordon, Mccoy and Agholor for Kamara, JuJu and Aaron Jones. 

So no Gronk no deal, correct? Possible counter offer might be Melvin Gordon, Mccoy and Agholor for Kamara, JuJu and Aaron Jones. 
I would think you would be able to trade Gronk...or Kelce... for more than Aaron Jones so no.

So the trade is essentially the following:

Thielen, Ingram, McCoy & Agholor

for

Kamara, Drake,  Juju, & Gronk

I probably make that deal but in a vacuum with nothing else factored in.  However, unless you have 100% agreement on the second trade it is fairly risky.  I have seen these blow up with the second part is not firm and then the other guy backs out leaving you stuck.  I don't really like the first trade alone but the second one is decent.  I don't like the Gronk part as you don't need him and he us underperforming so he will be harder to move.  Overall the combined deal is probably a win for you but not really enough of a win.  It's more like just shuffling pieces without a real benefit.

So the trade is essentially the following:

Thielen, Ingram, McCoy & Agholor

for

Kamara, Drake,  Juju, & Gronk

I probably make that deal but in a vacuum with nothing else factored in.  However, unless you have 100% agreement on the second trade it is fairly risky.  I have seen these blow up with the second part is not firm and then the other guy backs out leaving you stuck.  I don't really like the first trade alone but the second one is decent.  I don't like the Gronk part as you don't need him and he us underperforming so he will be harder to move.  Overall the combined deal is probably a win for you but not really enough of a win.  It's more like just shuffling pieces without a real benefit.
What if I can keep Melvin Gordon and move David Johnson instead?

What if I can keep Melvin Gordon and move David Johnson instead?
So it becomes:

Thielen, Ingram, David Johnson, McCoy & Agholor

for

Kamara, Drake, Melvin Gordon, Juju, & Gronk

Its better but I don't see the other guy making that deal.

Probably right but let's assume we remove Gronk from deal and instead I only get Juju, Kamara and AAron Jones and I send Agholor Mccoy and David Johnson
I still don't think the other guy does that deal.  I know I wouldn't.

I still don't think the other guy does that deal.  I know I wouldn't.
How bout just Thielen and Ingram for Melvin Gordon and Drake? My receiving core takes a hit but I will need to move either mccoy or david johnson for a decent receiver. 

How bout just Thielen and Ingram for Melvin Gordon and Drake? My receiving core takes a hit but I will need to move either mccoy or david johnson for a decent receiver. 
I wouldn't do that if I was the Thielen/Ingram owner.  Thielen is as close to automatic as they come and I don't see that changing.  He is getting a ton of targets and is clicking with Cousins.  He is a top 5 WR with a very high floor.

Ingram will be the TD guy like last year.  I was curious how he would be used when he got back and it was obvious in the first game back they will use them the same as last year. Because of that I don't see him being so much worse than Gordon that it would be worth giving up Thielen. 

If I am the Gordon owner I accept that offer as fast as I can. 

I wouldn't do that if I was the Thielen/Ingram owner.  Thielen is as close to automatic as they come and I don't see that changing.  He is getting a ton of targets and is clicking with Cousins.  He is a top 5 WR with a very high floor.

Ingram will be the TD guy like last year.  I was curious how he would be used when he got back and it was obvious in the first game back they will use them the same as last year. Because of that I don't see him being so much worse than Gordon that it would be worth giving up Thielen. 

thanks

Gally said:

Last one, trade ridley, McCoy and Ingram for Kamara and any two of the following Marvin Jones, Watkins, Aaron Jones or Goff?

If we had more news on GB using Jones more steadily, then Aaron Jones and Watkins.Marvin Jones. Watkins is like the 4th option in that offense.

Which two would you pick? Only deal being done is the McCoy, Ingram and Ridley for Kamara and any of the two mentioned above.
If you don't need the guy and are hoping for best case scenario I easily would choose Jones and Watkins of those four.  If you need WR help and need a guy to go in now then I probably double up on the WR and play matchups out of those two.

I still hold out hope that Jones takes that job over.  Eventually they have to see he is far superior to Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread