What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greensboro N.C. not Goldsboro N.C. I am geographically challenged. (1 Viewer)

rustycolts

Footballguy
Going to Greensboro the end of next month with my Granddaughter to see the Dead South.  We are going to be there for about 4 days.  I have never been up that way.  Any suggestions on where to stay and what to see while we are there?  Also the name of a good N.C. style bbq joint would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to Goldsboro the end of next month with my Granddaughter to see the Dead South.  We are going to be there for about 4 days.  I have never been up that way.  Any suggestions on where to stay and what to see while we are there?  Also the name of a good N.C. style bbq joint would be great.
greensboro.....huge difference bromigo.

that looks like a terrible part of NC geographically, however it is about a half hour from Kinston, which has a very cool brewery called Mother Earth which is a great place to hang and from my recollection has some kind of a super gourmet restaurant from an amazing chef, even though the town itself is ... well, not gourmet.

greensboro.....huge difference bromigo.
Damn you guys are right.  For some reason I was thinking Goldsboro.  I'm sure my Granddaughter would have figured it out or we would have traveled a far piece for nothing.  I'm such a spaz lol.  Looks like it is going to take a little longer to get there..  I made it up to Ronkingham a long time ago for a race looks like you go through there on the way.

So same questions any suggestions.  I'm really laughing at myself.  It would be just like me to go to the wrong city for a concert.

goldsboro, when not under water, has a road that runs near it.  greensboro has an arena. nothing to do, IMO, in either location.  913 whiskey bar some acquaintances have mentioned as worthwhile.  smack in between raleigh and charlotte.  if you get lucky, UNCG might have a home hoops game or NCA&T if you like it sassy.  duke and chapel hill are 50 minutes away.  2 or 3 cemeteries are there and i think a starbucks and plenty of fast food.  enjoy!

Four days in Greensboro is a long time. I doubt you'll find much to do outside the concert. A lot of people like Stamey's for BBQ. It's been on a few different Food Network or Cooking Channel shows. For burgers, Hops is a good choice. You'll find it on a lot if best burgers lists.

Four days in Greensboro is a long time. I doubt you'll find much to do outside the concert. A lot of people like Stamey's for BBQ. It's been on a few different Food Network or Cooking Channel shows. For burgers, Hops is a good choice. You'll find it on a lot if best burgers lists.
Thanks guess I will just look for a good N.C. BBQ place Friday catch the concert Friday night and head to the Mountains Saturday if I can find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're traveling up 85, do yourself a favor and stop in Lexington for the BBQ on the way.  There are a few "famous" places in G'Boro for BBQ, but I've never been impressed.  Like ECB mentioned, Stamey's is there, but I've always thought it "meh" :scared:

Second the "meh" for Stamey's.  I used to eat at Bernie's BBQ, but I don't even know if it's still there. 

I'll recommend Ghassan's for a great cheesesteak over any BBQ in town.

Yeah, you want to head to Lexington for BBQ, it isn't far.  Are you thinking just a day hike for the mountains?   Stone Mountain State Park (not the Confederate light show one in Georgia) is about an hour and half west.  Really easy hike on the dome, but a pretty nice day if you do the whole 5 mile loop that goes up and down hill in multiple spots.

If you're traveling up 85, do yourself a favor and stop in Lexington for the BBQ on the way.  There are a few "famous" places in G'Boro for BBQ, but I've never been impressed.  Like ECB mentioned, Stamey's is there, but I've always thought it "meh" :scared:
Well be going up 95 to Florence and then head North.  We will definitely try Lexington.  Is it the chopped vinegar based bbq?

Well be going up 95 to Florence and then head North.  We will definitely try Lexington.  Is it the chopped vinegar based bbq?
Primarily yes...whole hog cooks.  At most places you can get it sliced or chopped.

Several good places, but this is where I go when I'm up there.

The Commish said:
Primarily yes...whole hog cooks.  At most places you can get it sliced or chopped.

Several good places, but this is where I go when I'm up there.
Thanks that looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread