What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 RE-DRAFT TRADES THREAD (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
  I know I did one of these last year (Hell, maybe even the year prior) but I couldn't dig last years up for some reason. I didn't see one of these yet, so i figured it might help some of us that are in multiple re-draft leagues.

Yeah, I felt the need to put "***OFFICIAL***" in the thread title, but I didn't.  :excited:

As per usual, this isn't to ask for advice,  but more so to gauge players' value in the event we are pursuing trades ourselves. Similar to the dynasty trade thread, but strictly for redraft.

I feel like you should post any basic league scoring/starting oddities if it may affect the trade. (Like if its a superflex, it should be noted, as it greatly affects value compared to more standard type leagues)

There has only been 2 trades in my leagues thus far, but I will post one I have been involved in so far, with more to come soon I'm sure.

10 Teamer standard, but starting 3WRs is the only real noteworthy difference.

TEAM A gives LESEAN MCCOY and ALLEN ROBINSON , and  receives ODELL BECKHAM JR.

(I always try and give a little context if possible)  TEAM B is extremely desperate at running back.  His stable of RBs in said league going into last week were -  DeVonta Freeman, Marshawn Lynch, Dalvin Cook, and Kerryon Johnson.    So he has essentially gotten nothing from Cook, lost Freeman for the year basically, and Marshawn Lynch is now hurt and the severity is yet to be determined. He is currently 1-5, and desperately needing a boost at RB to have any chance at a post season run.

What all have you guys been seeing trade wise in your re-draft leagues?

TZM

my league doesnt seem to trade at all. half the league doesnt respond to trades. at least I can live through others now

Last edited by a moderator:
my league doesnt seem to trade at all. half the league doesnt respond to trades. at least I can live through others now
Don't feel alone DD.

I am usually in 3-4 redraft leagues every year, and there are very few trades across the board.  But, I have quite a bit of overlap in my league mates.  Many of us are in the same leagues, so you may see 4-5 of us in 2 or 3 leagues together.

Usually in our leagues, we get 2-3 trades a year TOPS!   (And I'm often at the center of those too)

There are several reasons why there aren't many trades in our leagues.... but generally, its almost as if they are just damn scared of "LOSING THE TRADE".  Its almost like to actually pull off a trade in our leagues, you'd have to be taking far and away the worst of it.  Part of it is..... I think its a big fear of actually trading someone away, then they don't want to see him blow up and go off on a weekly basis. (Its almost like they would rather just lose , than give someone an asset that might really take off afterwards)

The vast majority of our trades are usually like the one I listed above, where its one owner in a completely desperate situation. There are a few solid traders, but they just generally don't like getting off of the players they drafted and are willing to go down with the ship.

CHAKA - Its too late for us owners to salvage much for DERRICK HENRY.   I kind of consider him a spot start at best. He does have a few decent matchups later in the season, but I only count him as a desperation start now. (Unfortunately, the one league where I own him, thats pretty much the case, desperation ). I'm pretty sure I had to start him 5 weeks there, and he has been a solid contributor to my 2-4 start.   :wall:

TZM

I posted this in the buy low thread in response to somebody trying to trade similar guys.

I had a ton of WRs so I could afford to overpay if that's what I did. I needed some RB Depth behind my two starters (Gordon & CMC). I traded both Allen Robinson & Marvin Jones for Kenyan Drake & D'Onte Foreman. I tried for others but ultimately this is what was going to work. RBs are hard to get in a trade this year I freel.

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
I posted this in the buy low thread in response to somebody trying to trade similar guys.

I had a ton of WRs so I could afford to overpay if that's what I did. I needed some RB Depth behind my two starters (Gordon & CMC). I traded both Allen Robinson & Marvin Jones for Kenyan Drake & D'Onte Foreman. I tried for others but ultimately this is what was going to work. RBs are hard to get in a trade this year I freel.
You said "RBs are hard to get in a trade this year I feel".    I think it should probably be "GOOD rbs are hard to get in a trade this year".

This seems to be one of those years where you have the elite 5-6 difference makers or so at RB, then its a bunch of fair to middling "slightly above average" RBs people are rolling out.  Its almost like there are a top handful, then one big blur of RB haziness thereafter.

I'm sure its because its still early in the season, and the better RBs are just starting to run away with it:excited:   It would take an absolute mammoth offering to acquire Gurley in re-draft as far as I can see. (I just happened to ask a couple Gurley owners in my re-draft leagues, and they essentially said you couldn't offer enough to make them consider a trade)

Interestingly, have a look back at my trade I mentioned the other night.

I moved LESEAN MCCOY and ALLEN ROBINSON , and  received  ODELL BECKHAM JR.

Not 24 hours after I made this trade, Allen Robinson goes "limited" in practice on Wednesday, to DNP  Thursday. Although I had depth at WR, my trade partner didn't, especially after losing OBJ. (we spoke this evening, and he was fortunate enough to be able to pick up TAYLOR GABRIEL to help cover himself in the event of an Allen Robinson extended absence.

I guess the lesson here is to go ahead and "pull the trigger" once you get a good deal in place.....you never know what is going to happen.

Anyway, I'd like to see a few more trades that are happening. I'm assuming as we shift into the weekend we may see a few more trades. This is the prime time to capitalize on the 2-4 owners, or even a 1-5 team.

TZM

I have one redraft league like this. My trade aggression has still led me to doing the only three trades in the league thus far. There's an advantage in a league where there isn't much trading and half the league doesn't respond. People are going to end up with holes due to injuries or byes sometime, and where are they going to be able to get the player they need? From the one active owner in the league.

I traded Golladay for Fournette in a 0.5ppr league where I’d gone heavy at WR early on - Julio, D Hop and Thielen. I’ve had Conner all season so my team has been very good and sits 5-1. Decided to make a move for a couple of weeks down the road, if things go as best they can then I’ll hopefully have an all dominating team, if Conner loses snaps then hopefully Fournette picks up the flack and helps me remain a very strong team

I traded Golladay for Fournette in a 0.5ppr league where I’d gone heavy at WR early on - Julio, D Hop and Thielen. I’ve had Conner all season so my team has been very good and sits 5-1. Decided to make a move for a couple of weeks down the road, if things go as best they can then I’ll hopefully have an all dominating team, if Conner loses snaps then hopefully Fournette picks up the flack and helps me remain a very strong team
Well played.

Standard 12 team, 2 RB, 3 WR, no flez

After week 2, I traded Marvin Jones and Peterson for Kerryon, Sammy and $30 FAAB. That FAAB helped me land Ridley and Boyd. 

After week 3, I traded Hopkins for Mixon 

Despite me being winless, I was very happy with both trades.

Flex positions killed trading in redraft leagues.  There's very little reason to trade AJ Green for Mixon when you aren't improving your starting spot and people are now gun shy about making  a mistake and trading the wrong guy.  Years ago my homer league would have 15-20 trades every year as people traded a TE for a WR one week then a RB for a TE the next.  Covering byes is now trivial, there are 10 guys that all score the same and it doesn't matter if it's a RB, WR, or TE spot to fill, just pick up Marvin Jones and plug him in.  Primary reason I gravitated toward dynasty, now you have contract, salary cap, age, all kinds of reasons why trading Kenny Golloday for Mark Ingram might make sense.

Our one trade of the season was Pat Mahomes for James Conner.

TZMarkie said:
 This seems to be one of those years where you have the elite 5-6 difference makers or so at RB, then its a bunch of fair to middling "slightly above average" RBs people are rolling out.  Its almost like there are a top handful, then one big blur of RB haziness thereafter.
This seems spot on.  I'm sitting on guys like Collins, Breida, Cohen, Powell while another owner could just go onto the wire and snag Henry, Barber, Marlon Mack, Lamar Miller, or Lat Murray.

Zero reason to give anything up for one of my guys when these other guys are free.

cloppbeast said:
Traded Collins + Locket for K. Allen. Planning to add T. Gabriel off waivers.
Would love to make this exact trade.  Can't imagine it getting accepted so I haven't even offered it.

I've debated offering Collins Lockett and Edelman.  Not even sure that gets his attention.  (His RBs are Lindsay McCoy Coleman, so I can't really sell Collins as a clear upgrade.)

I am in 3 redraft leagues this year. 

League 1 - 12 team

• I traded Josh Gordon for Kittle & Crabtree after week 1 when Olsen went down.  Fairly deep benches, the best TE on the wire was Clay or Swaim 
  • I traded Collins + ARob for Hopkins + Powell to the Bell owner.  He was stacked at WR and thin at RB and I was looking to move Collins after his big Week 6. 
  • I traded Boyd for RFreeman since I now found myself stacked at WR after acquiring Nuk, Boyd was my WR5 so I sold him for a flex-type RB.  I definitely gave more than fair here, but I needed a RB that I could plug in to cover byes/inevitable hamstrings. 
Two of these trades I made with the same guy, so only 3 active traders so far this year. 

League 2 - 10 team
No trades made yet in this league.  I have sent out at least 12 different offers over the course of the year, I've gotten 10 flat rejections, one counter, and one still unanswered.  Absolutely no trades ever made in this league unless I initiate, and even then I'm batting something like .030 on offers that end up in a trade. 

League 3 - 14 team
Only one trade seen so far - Jimmy G owner sold Lamar Miller for Matty Ice.  Typically there's ~5-8 trades per year in this league, so off to a slow start. 

To me the biggest barrier I see is that people often overvalue their own players, even if it's an underperforming player that they're irritated with.  Nobody wants to sell David Johnson for Tate and Carson because they think "I'll be giving up my 1st round pick for your 5th and 8th rounders, thats not fair".  This ties into the "have to feel like they won the trade" line of thinking, but I've been able to sometimes convince people that if it helps their team, they win the trade, regardless of which side is better in a vacuum.  

Traded Jordan Howard + Hogan for Reek after week 1 or 2 to the Bell owner who doesn’t have Conner. Turned out to be highway robbery. 

Traded DJ for Julio a couple of weeks ago, forgot which week exactly. 

Just traded Collins for TY Hilton. I am sitting good at RB but need some WR depth. Can wait for Hilton to get healthy.
Steal. Hilton's a WR1 ros.

The honeymoon is over for Collins in redraft. I'm holding in dynasty in hopes he finds a better landing spot next year. Morty and Herbs are driving me crazy.

This seems spot on.  I'm sitting on guys like Collins, Breida, Cohen, Powell while another owner could just go onto the wire and snag Henry, Barber, Marlon Mack, Lamar Miller, or Lat Murray.

Zero reason to give anything up for one of my guys when these other guys are free.

Agreed.

I almost started a thread about this a couple days ago, but it seems every day that passes its more and more true.

There really only seems to be an "elite handful" of guys this year.  Think about all the guys near the end of the top 10-ish RBs that have been terrible this year.

LEONARD FOURNETTE, DALVIN COOK, DEVONTA FREEMAN, LESEAN MCCOY ,.....Hell it even goes deeper on out to  DERRICK HENRY, KENYAN DRAKE, JAY AJAYI . All guys that were fairly universally expected to at least be serviceable RBs. (I'm not counting guys like Marshawn Lynch, who had actually been playable, but now even HE is out for a month or so)

Obviously some of these are injured, or even out for the year,  (and I get that happens every year) but its almost as if we are devoid of a back half of top 10 RBs. It truly is like an elite handful, then one big slopfest or blurred haze of RBs.

Back on topic - I had someone try and trade me LEONARD FOURNETTE + MARVIN JONES for my AJ GREEN  early last week. Err, not interested. Had I known Fournette might return, I may have been more tempted, as I was desperate at RB, but I'm glad I didn't pull that trigger and start crippling my only position of strength on my roster. (wideouts)

Trade context - The other owner is 4-2 and I am now 2-4. My team is better than this though, as I lost 2 silly ones.   I better get it into gear soon though.

TZM

This week I had two trades go through on the same team so really shuffled my team around. 12 team redraft pretty standard scoring.

First was me giving G Olsen and Josh Gordon for Tom Brady and Tyler Boyd. Big upgrade for me here at QB. He has Mahomes and for some reason really wanted Olsen. 

Second trade was me giving Zeke and Edelman for Barkley and E Sanders. Was high on Edelman all preseason and felt I was giving up after waiting with him on the bench. But Thursday’s Sanders performance made me all better.

Traded Gronk and Chubb for Kelce.

If Gronk’s back ends up being serious it’s a steal for me. Was getting tons of offers for Chubb, so felt his value was high.

If he ends up with RB1 numbers the rest of the year I’ll kick myself, but I’ve got plenty of RB2 type guys on the bench.

If Gronk’s back ends up being serious it’s a steal for me. Was getting tons of offers for Chubb, so felt his value was high.

If he ends up with RB1 numbers the rest of the year I’ll kick myself, but I’ve got plenty of RB2 type guys on the bench.
Even if Gronk's back is not terribly serious (let's just say a 2 week absence)... you are getting a "no brainer trot him out and start at TE every week" in Kelce.  At a position that is a complete wasteland, thats a strong move for your team. ESPECIALLY if you have RB depth and won't miss Chubb.

Good move.

TZM

Nice move, I considered moving Gronk this week but held on because TE is so bad. 

Nice move, I considered moving Gronk this week but held on because TE is so bad. 
I had no backup tight end and the wire cupboard was bare. So was gonna have to drop someone from my bench anyways. Obviously that wouldn’t have been Chubb.

My fantasy strategy if never start any Browns players will continue at least one more week. 

Give me Chubbz and Gronk, I'm a gambler. But also for value side of things. In a redraft done today, Chubb isn't taken far behind Kelce. Throw in the #1te for the past few seasons, albeit coming off some bad games. And by 'bad games' I mean just ok games. 

Well if your worried about the back that's one thing. But shefter says they expect him to return for their next game. So whatever. 

I had no backup tight end and the wire cupboard was bare. So was gonna have to drop someone from my bench anyways. Obviously that wouldn’t have been Chubb.

My fantasy strategy if never start any Browns players will continue at least one more week. 
keeping browns on your bench is a slick move 

Just made this trade in a short bench PPR league:

I get: Bell + M. Thomas
I give: Chubb + Edelman

Note: I have Conner

I'm worried that Bell coming back will devalue both himself and Conner and Chubb may blow up but I can't ignore the upgrade to Thomas. 

Thoghts?

Just made this trade in a short bench PPR league:

I get: Bell + M. Thomas
I give: Chubb + Edelman

Note: I have Conner

I'm worried that Bell coming back will devalue both himself and Conner and Chubb may blow up but I can't ignore the upgrade to Thomas. 

Thoghts?
A lot of chubb trades here. Im a little surprised people arent getting more for him. You got the best by far. Dude holds onto Bell for 7 weeks then trades him right before he comes back.  :doh:  

Oh and you get Michael Thomas, who btw already had his bye. Nicely done.

A lot of chubb trades here. Im a little surprised people arent getting more for him. You got the best by far. Dude holds onto Bell for 7 weeks then trades him right before he comes back.  :doh:  

Oh and you get Michael Thomas. 
I was a bit surprised as he initiated the trade talk with an offer of Bell + A. Wilson for Chubb and I worked it to what I got smelling a bit of desperation there.  I took the trade so I see the potential "win" there for me, but I can see this trade being a mistake by the end of the year depending on how the Steelers backfield shakes out potentially giving me two RBBC players there.

I was a bit surprised as he initiated the trade talk with an offer of Bell + A. Wilson for Chubb and I worked it to what I got smelling a bit of desperation there.  I took the trade so I see the potential "win" there for me, but I can see this trade being a mistake by the end of the year depending on how the Steelers backfield shakes out potentially giving me two RBBC players there.
You gave up a committee rb also. Maybe.

Got DJ + J. Gordon for Chubb + Edelman +John Brown

Not sure if I sold high on Chubb or bought low on Gordon or just got tricked by some DJ name value. Here's hoping Leftwhich can straighten things out in Arizona.

Just got Antonio Brown + Russ Wilson for JJ Smith Schu + Watson +Cohen.

Felt pretty good about that, since Winston looks like my #1 QB and Cohen is behind 3 or 4 guys on my roster.

Hopefully Wilson gets back to being Wilson.

Redraft. Traded Calvin Ridley & Derrick Henry for Golden Tate.

I needed a receiver this week with guys injured or on bye and his really isn't going to make or break my season either way.

Just got Antonio Brown + Russ Wilson for JJ Smith Schu + Watson +Cohen.

Felt pretty good about that, since Winston looks like my #1 QB and Cohen is behind 3 or 4 guys on my roster.

Hopefully Wilson gets back to being Wilson.

You are going to be just fine rolling out JAMEIS WINSTON every week. I pointed out how strong his matchups are from here on out. I personally see more "elite" QB numbers weeks, than mere "average" ones. Weeks 10-14 look great, and why I was targeting him for a late season run weeks ago, even before the draft.

But you are in a strong position, one I have in 2/3 of my leagues too, (I have Winston in all 3 of my leagues) that is namely having RUSSELL WILSON on the bench for the fantasy playoffs.

Wilson is vs. SF in week 15, and is @ home playing KC in week 16.   My plan is to roll out Winston until then (assuming I make the playoffs) then firing up Wilson, if he is back in elite form by then.  The matchups are very strong, and should make for a great play in the playoffs.

There was much more discussion on Winston and his juicy schedule in the Winston thread and the Fitzpatrick thread too. We discussed it those spots even before he took back over for Fitzpatrick. I was a big advocate for getting Winston before he was even back playing.

He put up just over 20 fantasy points in our leagues last week, and I think thats pretty much his FLOOR going forward.

TZM

To keep this back on track........I have tried to trade LATAVIUS MURRAY several times to a DALVIN COOK owner in one of my leagues.

I tried to move him for SONY MICHEL MATT BREIDA and several others, even various package deals. (note - these offers were weeks ago.... long before any L.Murray blow up games, and prior to Michel emerging too)

I was told point blank, "I have no interest in Murray, he sucks".  Now that Cook still isn't healthy, and Murray is doing work, I wonder if the other owner is rethinking this non-trade.

Hell, I even tried to offer him something FOR Dalvin Cook also, and he just wasn't interested.

These scenarios where a RB gets hurt, have always interested me from a "how do you value this guy vs. that guy standpoint".

Not sure who and what any of you might be getting for Murray or Cook either one, but I'd like to know if there has been any deals...............just for a value idea anyway.

TZM

To keep this back on track........I have tried to trade LATAVIUS MURRAY several times to a DALVIN COOK owner in one of my leagues.

I tried to move him for SONY MICHEL MATT BREIDA and several others, even various package deals. (note - these offers were weeks ago.... long before any L.Murray blow up games, and prior to Michel emerging too)

I was told point blank, "I have no interest in Murray, he sucks".  Now that Cook still isn't healthy, and Murray is doing work, I wonder if the other owner is rethinking this non-trade.

Hell, I even tried to offer him something FOR Dalvin Cook also, and he just wasn't interested.

These scenarios where a RB gets hurt, have always interested me from a "how do you value this guy vs. that guy standpoint".

Not sure who and what any of you might be getting for Murray or Cook either one, but I'd like to know if there has been any deals...............just for a value idea anyway.

TZM
I don't have much useful information here either except that the Cook owner in my league is 2-5 and will not move him. I haven't offered anything crazy but things that I thought would be worth it to a struggling owner and he's shot all of them down without even a counter.

Users who are viewing this thread