What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The "wow, looks like my draft sucked" team: (1 Viewer)

leave a whisper

Footballguy
None hurt, just not remotely living up to their draft day ADP :

QB- Wilson

RB- Howard

RB- Henry

WR- Fitz

WR- Hogan

WR- K. Allen

TE- Reed

D/ST- Vikings

K -   Elliot

(note: I drafted 2 of them.... ugh)

I drafted three of the above and already cut Fitz :kicksrock:

Relative to ADP I feel like Gronk is underperforming more than Reed despite scoring more points.  Brutal ROI for a 2nd round pick so far.

vikings is the only one for me off that list. tbh most of those guys were on my avoid list. feeling good about my calls this year 

vikings is the only one for me off that list. tbh most of those guys were on my avoid list. feeling good about my calls this year 
Same here. Rostered none of them. Anywhere. Even the Vikings, because I stream D's. 

Always have, until DVOA figures out who is worth owning that year. Turnovers come eventually with good D's. This year might prove me wrong. I hope not.  

First 3 picks:

1.  Bell

2. Freeman

3.  Fitz

Puke everywhere
 Yeah, that's tough. Wouldn't have thought to do that. 

Drafted as my starters:

Ryan

Elliott

Howard

AJ Green

Fitz

L. Miller

Rudolph

Ravens

Jake Elliott

Felt pretty good about it.  Now between some bad luck in matchups and guys just not firing, I am 1-5.  Cut the Ravens for the Bears, which now looks like a mistake.  Just not getting any touchdowns is the main problem so far, I would say.

Same here. Rostered none of them. Anywhere. Even the Vikings, because I stream D's. 

Always have, until DVOA figures out who is worth owning that year. Turnovers come eventually with good D's. This year might prove me wrong. I hope not.  

Yeah, that's tough. Wouldn't have thought to do that. 
Yeah we have a 2 keeper league - so EVERYONE was kept.   I had pick 1.9 and kept Bell (4 weeks prior to week 1).   Freeman seemed like a good logical pick.   Mixon was still there - made the wrong choice but it was slim pickings.   T. Hill was picked right before me 3rd round.  Fitz was projected higher than he should have been obviously.   Such is life!

QB- Wilson

RB- Howard

RB- Henry

WR- Fitz

WR- Hogan

WR- K. Allen

TE- Reed

D/ST- Vikings

K -   Elliot

That's a lot of cutbait right there.

I assume your first 4-5 rounds went OK?

Yeah we have a 2 keeper league - so EVERYONE was kept.   I had pick 1.9 and kept Bell (4 weeks prior to week 1).   Freeman seemed like a good logical pick.   Mixon was still there - made the wrong choice but it was slim pickings.   T. Hill was picked right before me 3rd round.  Fitz was projected higher than he should have been obviously.   Such is life!
Yeah, I wasn't criticizing -- it's just at my draft position, those guys weren't really there.  Freeman helped me win a title in '15-'16, actually, so there's some love there from me. I just...I don't know.  Tough draft, I guess.  

I went RB heavy because the auction kind of pushed me that way and I thought I could do ok with some lesser WRs...

Carlos Hyde Cle - RB 

Alex Collins Bal - RB 

Chris Carson Sea - RB

Devonta Freeman Atl - RB

Chris Thompson Was - RB

Nelson Agholor Phi - WR

Anthony Miller Chi - WR

Geronimo Allison GB - WR

Rob Gronkowski NE - TE 

Only picks that haven't been a total disaster:

Philip Rivers LAC - QB

Baltimore Bal - DEF

Added off wire:

Tyler Boyd Cin - WR

Ito Smith Atl - RB

Rashard Higgins Cle - WR

Nyheim Hines Ind - RB

Last edited by a moderator:
1-5 PPR team (first 9 rounds)-

Hopkins- No complaints, he's been good

Fournette

Hilton

Fitz

D Lewis

Ingram 

Engram

Hyde

Kupp

I am 0-6 and my team is 100x better than that. 
I have an 0-6 team where I drafted Gurley.  I have more points than guys with 3 wins. Pretty f'in dumb.

I'm moving to Victory Point only leagues next year.

I have an 0-6 team where I drafted Gurley.  I have more points than guys with 3 wins. Pretty f'in dumb.

I'm moving to Victory Point only leagues next year.
I think I have one of the 3 best teams but yeah, can't get a win. Some of it was poor lineup decisions and some was just bad schedule luck or the timing of my players going off. I'm not going to change the way I have played fantasy for 16 years over it though.  

I think this season is payback for 2 years ago. I had a mediocre team, backdoored into the playoffs. Every top seed was upset in round 1 and then I had like D level games in the semis and finals but my opponents posted total Fs and I won the league. I think I won the championship something like 75-50. Almost an impossibly low scoring game. So after all that good luck, I was due for some bad luck. 

Ilov80s said:
I think I have one of the 3 best teams but yeah, can't get a win. Some of it was poor lineup decisions and some was just bad schedule luck or the timing of my players going off. I'm not going to change the way I have played fantasy for 16 years over it though. 
There's never been a greater selection of types of leagues to play. You can play whatever you want. Fantasy is luck-based enough for my tastes - prefer not to lose to the highest scoring team with the 3rd highest score every week. 

I'll just give the draft day running back on one team:

D.Freeman

D.Cook

R.Burkhead

Gio

D.Sproles….in that order..... :toilet:

A little off topic--but this season has been a case of being really happy with my drafts but being horrified of where my teams stand. For example--I play in one superflex (2qb leagues) this season. After my draft--I thought my team was at least a playoff team--but as of now--I'm in second to last place at 1-5.   My total points are league average but my points against is by far and away the highest.  The average points against per week in our league is 161--and mine is at 191 through 6 weeks. With that said--I never thought my team would only be average in regards to points scored--and I never thought I'd basically be in last place after draft day.   Yeah--part of it is bad luck--but part of it is that obviously the guys that I drafted weren't as good as I thought they were.  Its a ppr league--and this is my second to last place team below.  

brady, wentz, dalton

david johnson, lesean mccoy, chris thompson, Ap, nyheim hines, latavious 

keenan allen, mike evans, josh gordon, john brown, christian Kirk 

Evan Engram, Jimmy Graham 

Will Lutz, 

I stream defenses 

I'll most likely fall into last place after this week as I'm going against sanders tonight. Lol 

Last year I had easily my worst drafted team in 20 years of playing fantasy football, and I still came in second in the league. There's still hope!

My first 11 rounds in order (for 2017 season) were: Bell, Cooks, Crow, ARob, KBenj, Terrance West, Brandon Marshall, Rawls, Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Luck.

The first two rounds were decent, but rounds 3-11 were nine consecutive completely unplayable picks.

I don't usually participate in threads like these, but I feel obligated to post here since this was my draft for FBG in this year's Interboard League (IBL) Challenge (a 96-team league with representatives of 8 different fantasy boards and 8 copies of each player).

In other words, I'm representing the honor of the entire Footballguys site with this squad. You can't make this #### up.

12.10C - QB Marcus Mariota TEN

1.02E - RB Le'Veon Bell PIT
5.07E  - RB Jay Ajayi PHI
8.09B - RB Jamaal Williams GBP
10.03E - RB Marlon Mack IND
11.07E - RB Gio Bernard CIN
15.01H - RB Bilal Powell NYJ

3.09H - WR Adam Thielen MIN
4.09G - WR Corey Davis TEN
6.10C - WR Pierre Garcon SFO
7.05D - WR Jamison Crowder WAS
8.05A - WR Robby Anderson NYJ
9.05D - WR Kelvin Benjamin BUF
15.04G - WR John Ross CIN

2.10E - TE Rob Gronkowski NEP
14.11E - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins JAC

16.03E - Def New Orleans Saints NOS
17.03B - PK Jake Elliott PHI

:bag: ? :bag:

So, ummmmm ... hey, that Thielen pick was a good one!

I've been playing FF since 1994 and multiple leagues almost every year ... so, naturally, the worst top-to-bottom draft I've ever had came in the highest-visibility league I've ever been a part of. I'm sorry, fellow FBGers. When we don't take home the team title this year, feel free to blame me. I deserve it.

My superflex league.....my 1st 7 picks

David Johnson, Keenan Allen, Rob Gronkowski, Ben Roethlisberger,  Alex Collins, Marcus Mariota, Allen Robinson

Wow, what garbage I drafted.  Only good pick was Ben.

I had keepers DJ, Howard and Kamara and picked OBJ in the 1st, Gronk in the 2nd. Thought I was coasting. I'll be lucky to make the playoffs

2qb/3rb/3wr league. 1-6 record.

Fournette - never again
Hopkins
AJ Green
Alex Smith - waited too long on QB
Bortles
Collins
Burkhead - IR
Olsen - never again
Crowder
Cohen
Gio
Hill - IR
K Benjamin
Josh Allen

Worst team I've had in 11 years.

I don't usually participate in threads like these, but I feel obligated to post here since this was my draft for FBG in this year's Interboard League (IBL) Challenge (a 96-team league with representatives of 8 different fantasy boards and 8 copies of each player).

In other words, I'm representing the honor of the entire Footballguys site with this squad. You can't make this #### up.

12.10C - QB Marcus Mariota TEN

1.02E - RB Le'Veon Bell PIT
5.07E  - RB Jay Ajayi PHI
8.09B - RB Jamaal Williams GBP
10.03E - RB Marlon Mack IND
11.07E - RB Gio Bernard CIN
15.01H - RB Bilal Powell NYJ

3.09H - WR Adam Thielen MIN
4.09G - WR Corey Davis TEN
6.10C - WR Pierre Garcon SFO
7.05D - WR Jamison Crowder WAS
8.05A - WR Robby Anderson NYJ
9.05D - WR Kelvin Benjamin BUF
15.04G - WR John Ross CIN

2.10E - TE Rob Gronkowski NEP
14.11E - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins JAC

16.03E - Def New Orleans Saints NOS
17.03B - PK Jake Elliott PHI

:bag: ? :bag:

So, ummmmm ... hey, that Thielen pick was a good one!

I've been playing FF since 1994 and multiple leagues almost every year ... so, naturally, the worst top-to-bottom draft I've ever had came in the highest-visibility league I've ever been a part of. I'm sorry, fellow FBGers. When we don't take home the team title this year, feel free to blame me. I deserve it.
I'm embarrassed for me, because of you. 

QB- Wilson

RB- Howard

RB- Henry

WR- Fitz

WR- Hogan

WR- K. Allen

TE- Reed

D/ST- Vikings

K -   Elliot

Drafted 5 of these bums. Somehow offered a trade of Hogan/Henry for Diggs/White before the season started which I luckily accepted. Still, 6-8 in a double header league.

This was a 10 team PPR of mine, looked really good on draft night:

QB Wilson

RB David Johnson

RB Jordan Howard

WR Keenan Allen

WR Juju

Flex Jarvis Landry

TE: Rob Gronkowski

K Gostowski

DEF Jaguars 

:shrug:  

1st - Fournette

2nd Gronk

3rd AJ Green

4th D Henry

5th R Wilson

6th Funchess

7th M Mack - who I traded 3 weeks ago for Ajayi

8th E Sanders

9th Tucker

10th Benard

So my RBs are killing me,  Rolling out Clement and Henry each week..  Wilson and Gronk being busts hurt too.    Having the #1 QB, TE and Kicker from last year plus what I hope were top 10 RB and WR in Fournette and Green 

Users who are viewing this thread