What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The emojis are changing again (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the feedback on these from yesterday. We were able to find a way to change the presets that did look like Grandma's phone. Went with the standard Apple versions. I know everyone some probably nobody will agree on the ones we picked but we put a lot of thought and discussion in and this is what we came up with. 

I just wish MacArtist and friends were still regular contributors, and that ground-up emoji development still was necessary or happened here. But great job by all, by and large. Just sort of read those threads from 2006 and miss the spirit, a bit. 

But luff to all.  

^^^ @Joe Bryant might want to rethink again. When you took away the "haha" reaction, if we find something funny, it's back to this. We know you've long had issues with this one.

Also, I'll be honest, I can't think of a situation where I'll ever use that "thinking" reaction. I know you guys were probably thinking of a good set with mainly the PF in mind, but pretty sure that one will rarely be used.

^^^ @Joe Bryant might want to rethink again. When you took away the "haha" reaction, if we find something funny, it's back to this. We know you've long had issues with this one.

Also, I'll be honest, I can't think of a situation where I'll ever use that "thinking" reaction. I know you guys were probably thinking of a good set with mainly the PF in mind, but pretty sure that one will rarely be used.
I'll actually use it all the time in the SP, my friend.  

And, along those same lines - I would suggest you consider a specific "dislike" or "disagree" emoji.

If you see a post you dislike - rate it and move on - removes the temptation to reply and drag the down to a lower level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though, my guess is they were concerned that haha would be used to laugh "at" people instead of "with" them.
Probably, but instead now just to laugh at somebody, someone creates a new post of just  :lmao:  , which draws more attention than just the laugh reaction.

What is the purpose of "Thinking"?  

"I see your post and am going to reply.  But first I'm going to click Thinking to show I am thinking about what I'm going to say.    I will go back and remove my reaction when I'm no longer thinking about it."
I like this but I don't love it.

What is the purpose of "Thinking"?  

"I see your post and am going to reply.  But first I'm going to click Thinking to show I am thinking about what I'm going to say.    I will go back and remove my reaction when I'm no longer thinking about it."
"Interesting point...I hadn't consider that."

Perhaps it's replacing confused because confused could be used negatively -- like meaning "this post makes no sense".

And they'd trust you with embedded videos? 

Jusssst sayin' 
I'm just helping Joe find the non-Christian-like emojis that he should remove.  Thank God he got rid of the middle finger and the poo.  We were in some real scandalous territory with those around.  

I mean, since the entire concept is stolen from Facebook. I feel like it would have made more sense to do it like Facebook does it:

Like: ?

Love: ❤️

Laugh: ?

Shock: ?

Sad: ?

Mad: ?

Maybe remove shock since nobody really uses that one.

Juxtatarot said:
Seriously though, my guess is they were concerned that haha would be used to laugh "at" people instead of "with" them.
This. Unfortunately, that's how it's often used now. 

With you 100% it's great to laugh when something is funny.

We've just had such a long history of people abusing it and posting just the :lmao:  in response to something they disagreed with or were just meant to show they were laughing at the person instead of with them. It felt more right to not have it. We ask people not to do the single :lmao:  in response to posts. Lots still do and we delete. We didn't want to make it something that looked like an encouraged :lmao: on the reactions.  

This was mainly me. 

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
This. Unfortunately, that's how it's often used now. 

With you 100% it's great to laugh when something is funny.

We've just had such a long history of people abusing it and posting just the :lmao:  in response to something they disagreed with or were just meant to show they were laughing at the person instead of with them. It felt more right to not have it. We ask people not to do the single :lmao:  in response to posts. Lots still do and we delete. We didn't want to make it something that looked like an encouraged :lmao: on the reactions.  

This was mainly me. 
Okay.  At some point, someone is going to be offended by something.  If you are going to be butt hurt by an emoji, you may just be a bit too delicate.

It's not just you.  Other than the stupid things that slide in at the 'like' button, I see none of them.  

I like the old emojis.  I dislike the stupid pop-ups.  They make me sad, angry, confused.  I do not want to shake hands or think about them.
I don't care what emojis we get. They might be silly, but it's an effort by the fbg team. I just don't understand the squares. Sorry the bored sucks for you right now, that would be cool to be able to opt out of the emojis, but I think it's a situation where my grandpa used to say " you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"

Users who are viewing this thread