What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Chubb or DJJ over______ (1 Viewer)

Hilts

Footballguy
OK guys, our lottery picks and frantic ww scrambles may be paying off. Congratulations to us all! But now comes the hard part. Who are you benching to get Duke* or Hyde in your lineup? 

*If you're in a standard I assume Duke will remain mostly worthless, but in ppr he's maybe a viable starter.

I subbed him in for Ito Smith in my RB2 slot. Standard scoring. 

At at worst I think he splits 50/50 with duke in a bad game script.  If they hang with TB I like his potential.

edit: talking about Chubb obviously

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both Duke and Chubb in standard. It would have to be either Collins or Conner.  Not sure I will.  Already played Lindsay last night.

Had just decided to play M. Mack over both A. Collins and J. Howard.

Now I'm starting Chubb over all three of them.

Conner on BYE, but already started Lindsay. May start Chubb over J.Gordon, Coutee, or Barber at FLEX. 

Starting Chubb over Sony Michel. Although very tough call because starting James White and I do not think the Bears will give up as much on the ground as they did last week but I do think a pass catching RB will work good against the Bears in what is hopefully a high scoring game.

As of this moment I’m starting Chubb over Collins.

i like Collins and I think he has a solid chance at a good week, but Chubb is the more intriguing start & better matchup. 

I may change this before Sunday, and if Melvin Gordon sits (hammy reported today) then I’ll have them all in the lineup. 

But for now imma wait to see what’s said about Saturday practice or the trade in general for Chubb before making a final decision. 

Chubb over Mack, Edelman, and Hilton in the Flex. Other two RB's: Ingram & Kerryon Johnson in one league.

The other league I paused for dropping Collins or Ridley. Hindsight would have dropped Ridley and Flexed Chubb over Collins. Oh well... 

i like Collins and I think he has a solid chance at a good week, but Chubb is the more intriguing start & better matchup. 

I may change this before Sunday, and if Melvin Gordon sits (hammy reported today) then I’ll have them all in the lineup. 

But for now imma wait to see what’s said about Saturday practice or the trade in general for Chubb before making a final decision. 
Interesting and intriguing isn't he? lol

Starting him in Flex in one league and hesitated for Collins in another. Could have dropped Ridley instead. We'll see...

Curious about your choice in Collins or Chubb though...

Swapped him in for hyde, But now I have hyde yeldon and fournette.. doh

Sitting him in favor of John Brown at flex. It's a good matchup, but so is Brown's, so I'll wait to see how things shake out in Cleveland.

As a reference point, I also have Breida and Howard on my bench. I think I'd probably rank those B < C < H

In other words, as of right now Nick is only giving me a Half Chubb, but by next week it could be a Full-On Chubb.

I have Chubb over Collins right now. Horrible matchup for Collins, but that game is in BALT and I could see a game where in a matchup that looks poor he has one of those lousy total yards/YPC but still gets into the endzone.

I need upside after last night's ridiculousness. I see Chubb's ceiling much higher than Collins so Chubb it is.

Have him in right now over Ingram and Yeldon. May still switch back to Ingram even though, you know, Baltimore.
I’d go Chubb over Yeldon until I see JAX offense again look competent.

and by then Chubb may prove too good to bench. Or not. 

Ingram - man, that’s tough. That’s a tough Baltimore defense, but I could see a scenario where NOS gets up a couple scores & needs to grind. That points to Ingram more than Kamara regardless of what Payton’s said about usage. He basically said in the same interview that game-flow trumps plans - what the game dictates, that’s who’s Payton’s gonna play it.

so I guess it all depends how you think that Saints game’s gonna flow. Ingram is for sure going to get work - we don’t know what Chubb’s gonna do or how the Browns will use him. 

I’d like to assume a featured role, but man - Hue Jackson. :doh:  

I have Chubb over Collins right now. Horrible matchup for Collins, but that game is in BALT and I could see a game where in a matchup that looks poor he has one of those lousy total yards/YPC but still gets into the endzone.

I need upside after last night's ridiculousness. I see Chubb's ceiling much higher than Collins so Chubb it is.
Chubb is for sure the higher ceiling play.

i do believe Collins has a floor of 10/40/1 2/16/0 - but his ceiling is maybe the same + 1 TD? 

Chubb with 20 carries could do some real damage. I wish I knew if he’d get that kind of workload.

One real fear is this happened so late in the week the gameplan is being thrown together on the fly by Cleveland coaches. I'm not sure who that favors, but I'm pretty sure the last minute scrambling isn't a good thing. 

Right now starting Chubb, Mark Ingram and already started David Johnson. Sony is on the bench until I know he is starting then Chubb will be benched. I would have started Chubb over Johnson. But, that disaster is over now, nothing I can do about it. 

One real fear is this happened so late in the week the gameplan is being thrown together on the fly by Cleveland coaches. I'm not sure who that favors, but I'm pretty sure the last minute scrambling isn't a good thing. 
For a RB who’s in on 1st & 2nd down I’m not all that concerned. See hole, hit hole. It’s not like they found Chubb at a bus stop - dude’s been playing RB for a while. 

For a RB who’s in on 1st & 2nd down I’m not all that concerned. See hole, hit hole. It’s not like they found Chubb at a bus stop - dude’s been playing RB for a while. 
It does make you wonder if Duke is the better play this weekend, and perhaps even the remaining season if Chubb is going to get pulled on most third down work. Ppr leagues only, of course. 

I think Chubb is probably the better play here, but Duke was the #13 rb in ppr leagues last year so it's not as though we're discussing some hypothetical never before seen level of upside. 

It’d have to be over Jeffery at flex if I’m going to use him this week.  Why couldn’t this news have broken on a Thursday so I could have started him over Royce!?!?

It does make you wonder if Duke is the better play this weekend, and perhaps even the remaining season if Chubb is going to get pulled on most third down work. Ppr leagues only, of course. 
Except Chubb should get short yardage / GL carries. Those TDs can balance value in PPR leagues. And Chubb’s shown he can break the long runs - those add value in a hurry. 

And, not for nothin, he might get some receptions.  We just don’t know yet. 

I think Chubb is probably the better play here, but Duke was the #13 rb in ppr leagues last year so it's not as though we're discussing some hypothetical never before seen level of upside. 
It’s possible. 

But last year they didn’t have Chubb. 

That’s not a small thing when evaluating Chubb vs Duke. They spent a high pick on Chubb, and he’s looked explosive. 

Chubb/Duke as a 1-2 punch at RB is pretty solid for the Browns. 

IMO it’ll work out ok for fantasy owners of both players. 

Already started D.Johnson. Putting Chubb in for B.Powell. I just lost Devonta Freeman so Chubb getting the the starting gig is huge for me. Here's a twist though...one guy in my league is a huge Browns fan and he offered me Julio Jones and Hyde for Chubb if I make the deal before Sunday. I'm wondering if I'm an idiot for not jumping on this deal but I really feel Chubb is going to be a monster. I still might do it but need to think on it another day.

Already started D.Johnson. Putting Chubb in for B.Powell. I just lost Devonta Freeman so Chubb getting the the starting gig is huge for me. Here's a twist though...one guy in my league is a huge Browns fan and he offered me Julio Jones and Hyde for Chubb if I make the deal before Sunday. I'm wondering if I'm an idiot for not jumping on this deal but I really feel Chubb is going to be a monster. I still might do it but need to think on it another day.
Good offer with just julio imo. But not if u r hurting at rb. Hyde could be worthless if and when gimpy comes back. See if the guy will throw in somebody else instead.

Good offer with just julio imo. But not if u r hurting at rb. Hyde could be worthless if and when gimpy comes back. See if the guy will throw in somebody else instead.
The original deal was just Julio but when I said I'd think about it he offered Hyde as well. I agree with the value of Hyde moving forward and I just read he might not even play this week. 

After looking at the projections moving forward and SOS remaining I think I'm going to stick with Chubb. Can't believe I'm turning down a trade where I would get a #1 pick for a guy I got on waivers 3 weeks ago. 

Fair deal - if Hyde becomes a featured back for JAX you’d definitely get the better side. 

If it’s RBBC it’s a 50-50, depending on your WR needs.

I’d probably jump on that while the other dude is all :wub:  with his chub over Chubb. 

Users who are viewing this thread