What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When did the year the Super Bowl was played become the championship year? (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
To me the Cowboys won the SB the following seasons: 71, 77, 92, 93 & 95.

San Francisco 49ers won the  81, 84, 88, 89 & 94

But if you google their super bowls they all give the following year. I know it’s because that’s the year the super bowl was played, but it didn’t used to be referenced in this manner, what gives? 

I don't know but i hate it too.

The Patriots missed the playoffs in 2002 and also won the Superbowl in 2002?

They went to the superbowl in 2008 and then missed the playoffs with Matt Cassel in 2008? 

It makes no sense.

It's like noon and midnight. Hey it's 10am. In an hour it will be 11am. What time will it be an hour after that?  12, uh, pm. Why?  Because it's just how we do it.  So what comes after 12pm? 1pm.

Can you even imagine proposing that today?  It's horrifying.

They went to the superbowl in 2008 and then missed the playoffs with Matt Cassel in 2008? 

It makes no sense.

It's like noon and midnight. Hey it's 10am. In an hour it will be 11am. What time will it be an hour after that?  12, uh, pm. Why?  Because it's just how we do it.  So what comes after 12pm? 1pm.

Good, glad it isn’t just me. 

It makes no sense.

You just blew my mind

Users who are viewing this thread