What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 8 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
I just opened up the main slate and saw Gurley is the same price.  Very surprised there.  

For fun I threw in a lineup with Mahomes, Gurley, Barkley, and Hunt and didn't hate the rest.  

I posted this in the other thread, but it might apply to DK even more this week as players from NO and Minny are too cheap, IMO.    One of my gpp ideas is loading up on this game - stuff like Brees/Kamara + Diggs or Cousins/Diggs + Thomas, etc..  

Ooh, didn't think to look at pricing for that slate.
I always compare the two, especially if I don't love the TNF game.  Spreads out ownership even more.  Some of those guys are cheap.  I actually kinda like White too even if he is a bit pricey, but it could pay off at sub 8k if Michel is a no-go. 

First thoughts:

QB - Carr and Bortles for GPP possibly?  Everyone will fade him without Cooper plus it opens up easy cheap stacks of Cook/Martavis/Jordy if you want.  Plus my mind went straight to last year and the "pick on the Colts defense" strategy.  Keenum for cash seems obvious same with Brees (how the hell is he only 5600?).  I saw a stat on the bottom of NFL Network's ticker on the bottom and it was something like Carr has the highest completion % and yds/game so far in his career.  He's actually underrated.  Coming off the bye, he might be my favorite GPP play.  

WR - I like the Oakland WR's for both cash and GPP, they'll get targets and it's not a great secondary in what looks to be a possible shootout.  Cincinnati pass catchers same boat, against Tampa might be more chalky, although more expensive.  I'm obsessed with Jacksonville this week because they play in London.  Bortles always plays well there, and the pass catchers are super cheap to allow expensive RB's which is what I've done all year long.  I'm mostly looking at these shootout games and there's value all over with their 2nd options so that's likely where I go, (MIN vs NO, OAK vs IND, CIN vs TB, GB vs LAR, and possibly DEN vs KC), that leaves quite a few plays.

RB - Gurley is automatic every week for cash.  I don't think he's a GPP play this week though.  Conner might be my favorite play among RB's this week.  Marlon Mack looked to control that backfield so he might be the other one for me.  Hunt, Cohen, Kamara, Kerryon, Chris Carson seem like GPP types this week though.  

TE - Jared Cook, Uzomah, Reed, and my 2 favorite TE's that I love love love OJ Howard and David Njoku.  Pick your poison they're all great and they're all cheap (other than Cook who is 5k).  

Final thoughts:  You could definitely find a way to pivot this week pretty easily.  My thought is that I might pay up for WR in these shootouts (AJ Green, Thielen, Woods or something), and then go cheap at RB with the Kerryon, Chris Carson, Uzomah everywhere else.  Add in a Dede Westbrook and Bortles stack and you might have an insanely volatile lineup that I'd think could be low owned mostly.  I haven't actually messed with that yet so I'm not sure if those prices work out but you get the idea.  

With all that in mind here's my cash lineup so far:

Keenum

Conner, Lindsay

Boyd, Diggs, Grant

Cook

Hunt

Redskins

I have a variation of this ready to go as well and its Nelson, Green, Landry at WR instead with Vance at TE and Marlon Mack at RB (instead of Hunt), I'm not sure which I want to actually go with.  

Done with cash - not winning anything, and I don't enjoy thinking about it that much.  

For Thurs - Mon I have 6 $1 entries in there.   3 of them I put in L.Miller + Houst D, so we will see how that goes.    On DK this week I think I am going to focus on the GB/Rams and NO/Minn games as core stacks.  I will probably turn 4-5 of these Thurs-Mon entries into the NO/Minn stacks and for the main slate do more GB/LaR, and add in pieces I like.  

I posted my ideas for the NO/Minn game above.  I think Kamara and Diggs will be underowned, and darts like Treadwell and T.Smith could be interesting for big gpps.  

For GB/LaR, it's Rodgers/Adams/Graham, Goff/Gurley/Woods/Cooks.   Just need to figure out what combo I like.  

Just don't know what is going to be highly owned.  GB/LaR has the highest total, but if you take the good pieces, you are going to have to get creative elsewhere - especially at RB.  Something like Rodgers/Adams/Graham + Gurley and/or LaR wr is what I like best, but that means I am probably rolling with Crowell and Martin or something like that.   Actually, that's why I tried Miller tonight to hopefully get him in a couple LUs over Martin at a similar price.  

Went a little overboard this week, but let's do this.  Took a stand and went all in on some ideas.  

Turned all 6 of my thurs-mon into No/minn stacks.  

My 4 main slate are all gb/lar stacks, then did a handful of other ideas for 25cent entries.  

Way heavy on the cheap NYJ TE as I fit in studs, so we will see where that leads. Good luck, all!! 

My main slate GPP Players (Bold are on most teams)

QB - Dalton Trubisky Mahomes

RB - Lindsay Richards Hunt

WR - Boyd Cooks Woods Hilton Godwin (have Cooks or Woods on every team)

TE - Njoku OJHoward Uzomah

Also a few stacks of Dalton/Green and Trubisky/Cohen

Good luck everyone

My main slate GPP Players (Bold are on most teams)

QB - Dalton Trubisky Mahomes

RB - Lindsay Richards Hunt

WR - Boyd Cooks Woods Hilton Godwin (have Cooks or Woods on every team)

TE - Njoku OJHoward Uzomah

Also a few stacks of Dalton/Green and Trubisky/Cohen

Good luck everyone
Good Luck! 

I went even cheaper on RB in some and rolled out a sub-4K Crowell.   :oldunsure:

Another week another 100% win on cash games.  Very minor but 6 double ups, cashed in them all, plus 1 head to head against a good friend that I won.  Put another couple entries in tournaments (4 total) ended up with a 257% return on those as well.  All entries were $1 or less but its fun.  

Maybe I'll ramp it up a bit to $2 next week since the bankroll is growing.  

$5 2x didn't cash despite using Gurly and Connor. Duds by Ben,Hilton,Baldwin and Uzumuh left me 15pts short . Had 6 .25 gpps and only cashed 2 for .30. Did cash for $3 in the Red Dead freeroll and will cash for $4.50 in a $1 10man if Brady doesn't score 47.  So $7.50 in and $7.80 out.

Users who are viewing this thread