What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Should I Do? (1 Viewer)

TroutMask

Footballguy
Team in signature below, and I'm down 174-140 in my H2H matchup this week.  My opponent's players have all played, so his scoring is final.  I have Austin Hooper left and an empty kicker slot.  I could drop my Aaron Jones bench stash to pick up Giorgio Tavecchio, Atlanta's kicker, but I'm not sure If Hooper plus Tavecchio has any shot at making up 34 points.  Any votes on what to do?

10-Team Half PPR 2-QB, 2-Flex Redraft (H2H Record 5-1 1st Place)

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins

RB: Todd Gurley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Marlon Mack, Austin Ekeler, Ito Smith, Aaron Jones

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Tyler Boyd, John Brown, Marquise Goodwin

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Austin Hooper

? Chicago Bears

K: Stream

This all comes down to the likelihood of being able to score 35 pts to get the win.  In most of my leagues that would be near impossible with Hooper and the kicker so I wouldn't do it. 

If you think you have a legitimate shot to win (what is Hooper's high game and what do average kickers score?) then I would do it but if it is unlikely I would not. 

In thinking about this, I think Hooper and the kicker's value cancel each other out.  Basically, I would be banking on both a Hooper two TD game and a five field goal game from the kicker.  It is unlikely if not impossible that both of these things could happen together, so I'm probably just gonna hold on to AJ.

Users who are viewing this thread