What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bobby Wagner, what gives? (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
No Wagner thread but I'm dying to know why his production has shriveled up.  Last year he was averaging over 6 solos a game, this year 3.6.  His career averages not including this year.

88 games played.  He has always been reliable ringing up solo tackles and even though he's never been a big play guy he has at least chipped in ''some' production with sacks and turnovers.

• 15.5 sacks - nearly 3 per year but nothing this year
  • 8 interceptions - about 1 and a half per season but none so-far this year
  • 3 career TDs - 0 this year2 career FF - 0 this year
  • 7 career fumble recoveries - 0 this year
I don't know if he's injured or his role has changed or what. 

The only stat up on his career numbers are passes defensed 5 in 5 games VS. an average of 5.5 per season and that stat is greatly skewed depending on what site you use.  Regardless of that stat his numbers are way down and I have been patiently waiting but I have no idea what is going on. 

Anyone have a clue why his numbers are down?

I would say all the items you listed (sacks, ints, TD's, fumble recoveries) are fairly random year to year for defensive players.  Couple that with him being dinged for a few weeks and it's not surprising his numbers are off a bit.  I would be more worried about his overall tackle numbers than all the bonus plays. 

He's the n.1 linebacker on PFF so performance is not an issue, the only logic explanation is Ken Norton new scheme compared to the one used by Kris Richard.

No KJ Wright probably has an impact, as well. Take away a stud LB next to him and offenses can key on him more. Just a guess... haven't seen any SEA games but Wright hasn't played all season.

He's the n.1 linebacker on PFF so performance is not an issue, the only logic explanation is Ken Norton new scheme compared to the one used by Kris Richard.
Thanks for the info.  Would be interested to read anything people have on the scheme.

Essentially won my playoff game tonight, making up for some horrendous lineup decisions(benching Traik Cohen for Greg Olsen at the last minute).

48.25 pts in my league! 

First time I remember a player getting all of the "MFL" stats in one game for me.

T    TFL    A    FR    FF    INT    SK    PASS DEF    TD

8     2        4     1      1       1      1.0          2               1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread