What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 “the ocho” (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
Thurs-mon gpp lineup. Don’t know what I’m thinking here other than I can make a case for each guy.

cousins- $8300 at home vs NO, shootout in the making. 

White $7800 he’s the only option in NE or at least gets more work with Sony injured. 

Conner $8000 no bell go back to the well

Hill- $7800 is a steal, week to week 3 td upside. 

Jakeem grant- $4600 quick turnaround Thursday and I don’t think Wilson, Parker, or stills will be able to go. Amendola also banged up. I think he’s pretty decent for their 5th guy- I don’t recommend following me here because this limb won’t hold us both.

Golladay- $6600 I know, I keep touting golladay, and his 2-50 or whatever last week looks bad. They didn’t have to pass in this one. He also had another td catch nullified by penalty. Seattle isn’t a great matchup, but stafford is willing to take shots downfield at him and he’s getting red zone targets (and catches) even if they aren’t showing up on the stat sheet

Mack $6700 Indy showing signs of life. Oakland isn’t. 

Pit $3800 tough week to find defense, trying to go against chalky pats or others. Wanted a team at home. Pit fit my budget.

Also, did I read somewhere that T.Hill had massive home/road splits in the favor of him being much better in away games? 

Random thoughts going into week 8 tournaments:

• Fantastic and cheap RB options abound in the $6,000 to $7,000 range. 
  • Stefon Diggs is a nice counter to the highly owned Thielen.
  • Aside from Sequan, I'm opting for RBs in the second tier ($7,000 to $8,000 range).
  • I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that Goff and Rodgers will be the highest scoring QBs this week.
  • How is John Brown still so cheap?
  • Really want to insert Marquise Goodwin in a bunch of lineups, but he killed me last week.
  • CJ Ozumah amazing value this week.

I have followed a lot of what was said in these threads and feel like trying to add to the talk.  

I love Conner, Hill, Sanders, McDonald this week.

RB: I had Barkley but seems his output will be about 20 points which is just over 2x his salary this week.  Hunt I have in some lineups but he seems pretty volatile.  I had Mixon and took him out as I dont think he is that good.  I like Gurley but 11k is a lot to pay.  I put in M. Mack (diehard colts fan).  This may change but I was watching game tape from the game this Sunday and the O line did very well run blocking and Oakland isn't a good defense so maybe they can keep up good work this week too.

WR: I had Calloway in my lineups for the past 3 weeks and it seems he was getting targets and so close to breaking out until this week when he had i believe 2 targets.  Humphries is a guy i'm running back in my dalton green lineups.  I have been playing with getting M. Bryant in my lineups with the colts DBs not that good, but the defense as a whole is very underrated. For my luck lineups I am playing Hilton.  

TE: I seem to be dumpster diving here.  I like Ebron but never can afford him

DEF: I like Arizona and not sure who else.

Here's my main slate lineup

Rodgers

Richard/Barkley/Conner

Landry/Gollady/Sutton

Graham

Ravens

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimizer says

Winston

Conner/Barkley/Johnson

Hill/Anderson/Goodwin

Cook

Arizona

With 500 left

I like it a little bit better with Sanders/Landry/Humpries at WR or Sanders/DJax/Calloway

I looked it up - over the last 2 years, T.Hill has averaged 21.8pts on the road, and 9.9pts per game at home.   IF my quick scan is correct, he has not gone over about 17.5pts in a home game.  

Just starting to look at this week's slate.  Initial players of interest in no particular order:

QB: Trubisky, Big Ben, Luck  - Trubisky seems the biggest bang for the buck.

RB: Conner, Hunt, Mostert, Mack, Peterson

WR: Brown, Adams, Sanders, Sutton, Hilton, dare I say Fitzgerald at 5800???

TE: Cook, Kittle, McDonald, Ebron

For a Cleveland Browns fan, I have way too much Pittsburgh on that list   :lmao:

Random thoughts going into week 8 tournaments:

• Fantastic and cheap RB options abound in the $6,000 to $7,000 range. 
  • Stefon Diggs is a nice counter to the highly owned Thielen.
  • Aside from Sequan, I'm opting for RBs in the second tier ($7,000 to $8,000 range).
  • I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that Goff and Rodgers will be the highest scoring QBs this week.
  • How is John Brown still so cheap?
  • Really want to insert Marquise Goodwin in a bunch of lineups, but he killed me last week.
  • CJ Ozumah amazing value this week.
I agree with a lot of this, especially the Diggs call.    He is seeing damn near the same targets and RZ looks as Thielen, but hasn't hit huge and is 1500 cheaper.  

Optimizer says

Winston

Conner/Barkley/Johnson

Hill/Anderson/Goodwin

Cook

Arizona

With 500 left

I like it a little bit better with Sanders/Landry/Humpries at WR or Sanders/DJax/Calloway
Is that Kerryon or David?   Also, I assume that is R.Anderson - jets?

After staring at it a bit more here are a couple thoughts that I had (focusing on gpps more):

• despite my initial reaction, I am starting to waiver on if Mahomes is too pricey.  We need 3x at least for gpps (hell, for cash games the way they are going).  To be fair, he's gone over 27pts  4 of 7 weeks this season, so he is probably still doable.  
  • For me Rodgers and Goff are too close to Mahomes, so I would probably lean him over those two so the next tier for me is  Cousins/Luck.  Not sure if I like Winston on the road or Dalton at all, so for me the initial reaction for gpp darts were Trubisky, Wilson (it's about this time of year he starts heating up...), and Keenum :gulp:
  • Tough matchup for sure, but I think once again Kamara will be the forgotten man in the 8K Rb tier.   He still saw about 20 touches last week and 6 RZ carries.  I like NO away in a dome more than away outside too.  
  • I need to decide on a cheap RB or two for gpps as well, since I think a lot of the top WRs are in great spots this week - Minny x2, Adams, Brown, Green, Evans, Cooks.   
  • As far as cheap RBs,  Mack/Lindsay/Carson/L.Miller  stood out on initial looks as players to take a deeper dive into.  
  • Surpising # of TE options - Graham, Burton, Uzomah, Cook, Howard, Nkoku, etc..
  • President Trump I had Det and AZ at home as cheap options.  

as far as games go, I am sure that I like the same ones everybody else does and the ones that have a higher total.   Stacks I like from those games that might be lower owned would be to take a stab at Denver on the cheap with something like:  Keenum/Lindsay/Sutton and run it back with a KC guy like Hunt or Kelce.   I also like the idea of using Cousins/Diggs and running it back with Kamara.    Of the sub 50pt total games for more of a WTF gpp idea would be Wilson/Lockett + a Det WR.  

Dammit - just saw that the NO/Minn game is SNF so I will have to do Thurs-Mon contests or Sun-Mon to catch that stack if I really like it.  

ETA:Yeah, I liked it enough to plug in a couple cheapies:

Cousins

Kamara/Conner/Barkley

Diggs/Sutton/M.Bryant

Uzomah

AZ

Very easy to pivot around a couple different TEs, maybe do Hunt instead of Barkley, and pay up at WR or TE, do Jordy instead of Bryant, etc...

• Tough matchup for sure, but I think once again Kamara will be the forgotten man in the 8K Rb tier.   He still saw about 20 touches last week and 6 RZ carries.  I like NO away in a dome more than away outside too. 
Minn / NO feels like the highest scoring game of week ocho to me.

KarmaPolice said:
Seeing how we both like this game, and our "success" last week loading up on stud rbs, everyone else might want to run away from this game. ;)
Right? Can't disagree with that.

Minn supposed to have a good defense. But look what the Rams did to them.

Single game tonight- is there a dolphin worth playing? Seems like this will be a typical Thursday night stinker. Hard not to put Watson nuk and fuller together, but Miami has been stingy vs pass. Miller coming off the most work he’s had and 4 days recovery. Miami’s qb and wrs are all backups. Drake doesn’t get the carries (he looks like Lamar miller there!), gore is hard to get on board with. Seems like a game where a sub-7k guy is going to be the difference maker. Caroo? Jakeem grant? Coates? Should I find a way to fit the kickers? I honestly think the winning card could have 2 kickers, a te, and a qb. If Houston’s defense was an option I’d put them in. 

Cash lineup I put together and I'm really liking it right now.  Starting to trust myself more with my lineups with past successes but we will see.

Keenum

Conner, Hunt

AJ Green, Diggs, Jakeem Grant

J. Cook

Lindsay

Baltimore

The only thing I'm questioning is Keenum, but it's a good matchup and he'll have to throw to even have a chance to win so here's to hoping for some garbage TD's, and if not then it's probably a close game.  Either way I think he's fine.  

As for GPP, I'm liking so many games as stacks it's hard to just pick one.  There are a lot that seem like shootouts to me so I'm not sure how I feel on those.  

After some research, some fresh tournament takes:

• After some awful games, I'm planting a flag for Jordan Howard this week. Cheap, and Latavius tore up the Jets last week.
  • Can't believe how cheap Vance McDonald is.
  • I've faded Jimmy Graham all year, but this may be the week to own a few shares.
  • I mentioned that Diggs is a good counter play to the highly-owned Thielen. But on FBG's preview podcast, Bloom mentioned that Diggs may very well draw NO's toughest healthy DB. So maybe this is a Rudolph week?
  • I want to play Doug Martin. Great value. Can't do it. I think Jalen Richard is the better play.
  • Tried to build a team around cheap QBs like Carr or Keenum, but too chicken. 
  • I'm laying off Marquise Goodwin. Too many cheap, high upside WRs to pick.
  • I don't own any Russell Wilson, and I think that's a mistake. Going to add him to a few teams. 

I tinkered a little bit more and there is some revision to my cash lineup.  I wanted a cheap WR, but Grant doesn't exactly scream confidence so I'm going off him and going the Jordy Nelson route.  So instead of owning 2 Raider's pass catchers I'm going Vance to save some more as well.  I didn't even notice Vance McDonald before but that's an easy choice and it lets me pay up for Thielen at the same time as long as I pivot off Hunt.  Which I did to go with Marlon Mack.  It's probably pretty chalky of a lineup but in cash you're not deviating from that very much so it's fine.

so its Keenum, Mack, Conner, Thielen, Green, Jordy, Vance, Lindsay, Cardinals D (I'm not happy about this part but they do have a good defense and it's a divisional game at home so maybe there's a decent chance they do something.  Also it's against Beathard and the no skill positions 49er's (other than Goodwin)).  

I guess one bonus of playing both sites is you can see what you like and if it fits differently on either site.  DK is a lot easier to stack the GB/LaR game, so that's where I am doing that idea. Doing something like Goff/Gurley/Cooks/Adams leaves you pretty thin everywhere else on FD.   By the time I got to them, the FD Thurs-Mon options were trash, so I guess that also takes out Minny/NO, so that leaves me with my Seat/Det idea for my few FD LUs unless something else comes to mind.  

Placeholder LU is:

Wilson

Hunt/Barkley/Conner

Baldwin/Golladay/Sutton

Uzomah

Pitts

Easy pivots would be to have Stafford instead of Wilson, and something like Crowell/Adams instead of Barkley/Sutton

After some research, some fresh tournament takes:

• I mentioned that Diggs is a good counter play to the highly-owned Thielen. But on FBG's preview podcast, Bloom mentioned that Diggs may very well draw NO's toughest healthy DB. So maybe this is a Rudolph week?
  • I want to play Doug Martin. Great value. Can't do it. I think Jalen Richard is the better play.
The big hot debate is if defense matters or not.  I guess Rudolph is the play if you think D matters, but Diggs is still the play if you think volume/targets/talent trumps D?

Are there guys that are plays for one site or the other?  Curious on your or other people's take on this.  Every time I see a name like Richard, I think that's a DK play b/c of the ppr format since it's mostly pass game for him.  Basically sees 0 RZ touches and hardly any carries.   Just figure that cheap guys like Miller, Crowell, and Howard would be FD plays b/c of the higher volume of touches and they get RZ carries.  

The big hot debate is if defense matters or not.  I guess Rudolph is the play if you think D matters, but Diggs is still the play if you think volume/targets/talent trumps D?

Are there guys that are plays for one site or the other?  Curious on your or other people's take on this.  Every time I see a name like Richard, I think that's a DK play b/c of the ppr format since it's mostly pass game for him.  Basically sees 0 RZ touches and hardly any carries.   Just figure that cheap guys like Miller, Crowell, and Howard would be FD plays b/c of the higher volume of touches and they get RZ carries.  
I don't do DraftKings. Too lazy to do both.

But if you listen to the FBG podcast The Power Grid, they will often say they're willing to pay for a guy on one site but he's too expensive on the other.

My current line up for cash...

Trubisky

D. Johnson/Hunt/Mostert

A. Brown/TY HIlton/Sutton

Cook

Pittsburgh

I feel pretty good about this one at the moment which means it will likely bust.

I don't do DraftKings. Too lazy to do both.

But if you listen to the FBG podcast The Power Grid, they will often say they're willing to pay for a guy on one site but he's too expensive on the other.
For sure there are weird price differences.  Ie Gurley - IMO too expensive on FD, but he is the same price he was last week on DK.  

I guess I am curious if there are players that you basically just cross of one site or the other, or maybe it's just a price thing and everybody is doable at a certain price.  

I know zip about this guy.  
Well, he is no slam dunk, but fairly cheap at $5600.  Had 87 yds rushing vs Packers 2 weeks ago.  Had a combined 78 yds vs. Rams last week on 7 rushes + 4 catches.  He seems to be pushing Morris aside a bit, and Breida is gimpy (did not practice yesterday or today).  Going against a poor Arizona rush defense that has given up big games to the likes of Latavius Murray and Mike Davis among others.  So, I am hoping his usage will increase even more this week.

Well, he is no slam dunk, but fairly cheap at $5600.  Had 87 yds rushing vs Packers 2 weeks ago.  Had a combined 78 yds vs. Rams last week on 7 rushes + 4 catches.  He seems to be pushing Morris aside a bit, and Breida is gimpy (did not practice yesterday or today).  Going against a poor Arizona rush defense that has given up big games to the likes of Latavius Murray and Mike Davis among others.  So, I am hoping his usage will increase even more this week.
Good info - thanks.  Thought I heard his name on a podcast or two, but had no clue who they were talking about.  

#### bro, didn't know you were around. what up, who do I play in daily? 
@Ilov80s

I poke around in here, but not much else unfortunately, no more political threads and haven't been in the FFA.  The ban broke my brain a tad, and this new board make me want to be on here even less.

I am alive and kickin', but since work has started dfs and bare minimum reading have been my only vices.  Haven't seen a movie besides the ####ty new Jurassic Park in 2months.   I hate that I haven't gotten back to the polls, but me being able to watch stuff was a main reason for me doing that, and now I can't even make it through 20mins of a TV show without passing out.  I truly have gotten to old for this work ####, and miss the good life of being a stay at home dad.  

As far as who to play in daily - given my track record, I am probably the last person to ask.  ;)

@Ilov80s

I poke around in here, but not much else unfortunately, no more political threads and haven't been in the FFA.  The ban broke my brain a tad, and this new board make me want to be on here even less.

I am alive and kickin', but since work has started dfs and bare minimum reading have been my only vices.  Haven't seen a movie besides the ####ty new Jurassic Park in 2months.   I hate that I haven't gotten back to the polls, but me being able to watch stuff was a main reason for me doing that, and now I can't even make it through 20mins of a TV show without passing out.  I truly have gotten to old for this work ####, and miss the good life of being a stay at home dad.  

As far as who to play in daily - given my track record, I am probably the last person to ask.  ;)
All good. I am glad to hear you are good. I loved the movie polls but even I had a hard time keeping pace. There may be a time to bring them back. That new JP was so awful. 

Hope the family is good. Might ask for some real DFS tips soon since my seasonal has been a nightmare. 

I had very limited exposure for tonight's game, but I'm glad I paid for Drake on one card and Miller on the other. Always nice going into Sunday with points from a cheap Thursday player.

What ban?
I was poking around too much in the political threads and got a ban b/c the mod completely misquoted my post.  Not a biggie, but made me realize how ticky tacky this place has become and that I was OK when I wasn't dicking around in the threads so much while on my vacation.  

Tho I am owning the FBG Music League lol 
####.  Completely forgot about that.  I remember trying to log in, and grumbling b/c I hate that Yahoo makes me verify my stuff so much (have to send me a text and verify it's me, etc.) and never got around to logging in.  Sadly, that is why I lost track of my MLB leagues too.  

Users who are viewing this thread