Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff Bart

Pipe bombs sent to Clinton, Obama & CNN. Days later a mass murder at a synagogue. Trump takes the opportunity to repeat the lie "the media is the true enemy of the people."

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

It came from Sanders.

“We condemn the attempted violent attacks recently made against President Obama, President Clinton, Secretary Clinton, and other public figures,” Sanders said in the statement. “These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

Sanders referred to the perpetrators “cowards.”

This is a good thing. It's too much to ask Trump to personally call for tamping down rhetoric, but I'll take it and am glad to see this at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Ughhh!  You are so brainwashed!  Anything the Conspiracy Industry wants you to believe!  Have you stopped to think that people similarly minded who believe this crap - actually act on the crap you believe?  You will always believe the crap though, there's no logical argument that will dissuade you. 

I would never condone the use of explosive or the cause of bodily harm on anyone.  I take that as a personal insult. Sure, it could turn out to be some lunatic, but there are suspicious elements to this as well.  

9 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

CNN is reporting the police think it is a real pipe bomb. Similar to those found at the Clinton's and Obama's.

Does anyone know how lethal these are? is this Kazinski level stuff, bigger maybe, like Tsarnaev level damage?

19 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I have been mocked on this site for suggesting that ever conflating rhetoric, from both sides, will eventually lead to bad outcomes.  I have been told that escalation from the right must be met, and potentially exceeded by rhetoric escalation on the left.  meet fire with fire I have been told when I advocated cooler heads, rationality, and leadership by example and maturity.

I do not understand a game of chicken where both polarities rush headlong towards a cliff, ever accelerating in the dark of night, at in vehicles with no headlights nor working brakes. 

I am confident I will be mocked or dismissed yet again.

I think what some people don't understand is how sectarian violence happens in other nations. It's never the people with the rhetoric who actually start the violence themselves in terms of physical acts. - It's people with seriously sinister motives who do the violent acts and then touch off a series of never ending reprisals. Race, religion, whatever the divider, that's how they exploit it. Confusion and disagreements about who did it and what's the cause also play into it and they exploit that too. We've been very fortunate to avoid this stuff in the US for quite some time.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

17 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I have been mocked on this site for suggesting that ever conflating rhetoric, from both sides, will eventually lead to bad outcomes.  I have been told that escalation from the right must be met, and potentially exceeded by rhetoric escalation on the left.  meet fire with fire I have been told when I advocated cooler heads, rationality, and leadership by example and maturity.

I do not understand a game of chicken where both polarities rush headlong towards a cliff, ever accelerating in the dark of night, at in vehicles with no headlights nor working brakes. 

I am confident I will be mocked or dismissed yet again.

I don't know who's mocking you.  I get the need to meet force with force, but it seems like it should be obvious to everyone that constantly claiming the other side is the devil is going to get people to treat them like the devil.  You can oppose people without demonizing them.  And should.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

I would never condone the use of explosive or the cause of bodily harm on anyone.  I take that as a personal insult. Sure, it could turn out to be some lunatic, but there are suspicious elements to this as well.  

Where did I accuse you of condoning use of explosives?  What I'm accusing you of is subscribing to conspiracy thinking, and posing the idea that it is far more likely that someone similarly minded is acting on similar theories.  Hey, if you truly believe the garbage that there's a deep state and pedophile ring and cabal of evil Globalists led by Soros trying to destroy all decency, then why wouldn't you be at war?  If you believe that Democrats are responsible for school shooting and bombing false flags, why wouldn't you be at war?  But the fact is, none of that is true.  But rather than starting with that assumption, what did you do?  What does our President do?

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Sure, it could turn out to be some lunatic, but there are suspicious elements to this as well.  

Can't you give it a day or two before you dive into lunatic conspiracy guy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I think what some people don't understand is how sectarian violence happens in other nations. It's never the people with the rhetoric who actually start the violence themselves in terms of physical acts. - It's people with seriously sinister motives who do the violent acts and then touch off a series of never ending reprisals. 

in truth, it's usually the CIA

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

White Supremacist will be the answer regardless IMO.

Yeah...but they have some good people....both sides....wait what????

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Pfft, yeah of course, the Culinary Institute of America. 

A stabby group for sure

• Like 4

So I guess if there is an actual ldevice shown what will the excuse:

1.  both Hillary, Obama, and George Soros created the same bomb in the same way

2.  The cops created one bomb and just displayed to all the other places.  

can't wait to hear the Alex Jones like claims that conservatives will make that even they don't believe but knows that Americans will easily

Edited by hammerva

59 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I mentioned in another thread yesterday that this is starting to feel like 1968.

I'm curious - in what way?  Assume I wasn't alive in 1968....

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker

CNN is reporting that the Time Warner Center in New York City, which is where CNN broadcasts many of its shows, has been evacuated.

7:16 AM - 24 Oct 2018

Just now, Steve Tasker said:

MLK and RFK were both assasinated in 1968. Not sure if that was what IK was going for though

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Sure, it could turn out to be some lunatic

Sure a guy who went to Soros' home (where is that?) (is that even googleable?), the Clintons' home in Westchester, then this lunatic rambles over the the Obamas' home in DC, then jets back to midtown Manhattan to hit the CNN and TW buildings. This is a highly mobile, functioning and resourceful lunatic accidentally hitting on some very specific and significant socio-political touchpoints. Makes sense.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Tasker said:

The country was so divided that the next year - 1969 - is when the Weather Underground formed and there were something like ten bombs detonated in NYC by anti-war and otherwise dissdent groups.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker

CNN is reporting that the Time Warner Center in New York City, which is where CNN broadcasts many of its shows, has been evacuated.

7:16 AM - 24 Oct 2018

That might explain the fire alarm that was heard during the broadcast:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1055107909770723328

The moment when CNN's fire alarm went off while Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto were on the air. (via CNN)

Edited by squistion

Ricin sent to Trump/family/pentagon and bombs sent to Soros/Clinton/Obama/CNN.  

Maybe the responsible adults in charge should realize that the rhetoric needs to be dialed back because there are some wackos out there.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Said otherwise...  Remember that 70s horror movie where the calls to the babysitter were traced and coming from inside the house?  Similarly, I'd pose to you that its not people who think more like "them" responsible for these acts, but people who think more like you.   Maybe you should therefore change the way you choose to think.

1 minute ago, the moops said:

Can't you give it a day or two before you dive into lunatic conspiracy guy?

Why not entertain all possibilities?  Why squash the discussion about it?

1 minute ago, shader said:

Maybe the responsible adults in charge should realize that the rhetoric needs to be dialed back because there are some wackos out there.

We should take the scissors away from this whole damn government.

3 minutes ago, shader said:

Like Trump at his rallies approving of and encouraging LOCK HER UP! chants?

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump imo really needs to think long and hard about his words.  I know he’s a fast talking guy and he doesn’t use a teleprompter and he likes to say things for shock value...but when you call people enemies, some lunatics will take that seriously.  Enemy is a strong word.

• Like 1

Can we put him on ignore and just allow him to discuss his conspiracies with himself? TIA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

List them

• Like 1

Just now, squistion said:

Like Trump at his rallies approving of LOCK HER UP! chants?

Lock her up isn’t a big deal imo.  It’s stupid to say, but it implies that she needs to go to prison, which would require there to be legal grounds for her to go to prison.  His supporters want her to be investigated by Sessions, not killed with a bomb.

The enemy of the people is particularly egregious.

2 minutes ago, shader said:

Trump imo really needs to think long and hard about his words.  I know he’s a fast talking guy and he doesn’t use a teleprompter and he likes to say things for shock value...but when you call people enemies, some lunatics will take that seriously.  Enemy is a strong word.

You're overestimating Trump and underestimating the intent of what he says.

12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Hold on, let me check my notes. 

:patiently waiting:

I can't find #### in my notebook.  It must be broken :kicksrock: 

3 minutes ago, shader said:

Lock her up isn’t a big deal imo.  It’s stupid to say, but it implies that she needs to go to prison, which would require there to be legal grounds for her to go to prison.  His supporters want her to be investigated by Sessions, not killed with a bomb.

The enemy of the people is particularly egregious.

Well, after saying that someone has engaged in serious criminal activity and conspired with Russia, it is not that much of a leap to anticipate that might cause an unstable individual to commit an act of violence against that person.

Edited by squistion

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Like Trump at his rallies approving of LOCK HER UP! chants?

Ted Cruz, last night:

As @TedCruz criticizes @BetoORourke in Georgetown, someone yells, "Lock him up!" Cruz: "Well, you know, there's a double-occupancy cell with Hillary Clinton." After big applause, Cruz adds, "Y'all are gonna get me in trouble with that."

22 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

7 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

4 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

I did earlier in the thread.  

Those are all your posts in this thread....I see exactly zero lists.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Well, after saying that someone has engaged in serious criminal activity and conspired with Russia, it is not that much of a leap to anticipate that someone might commit an act of violence against that person.

That goes both ways.  Trump opponents want him impeached and locked up and feels he’s engaged in serious criminal activity and conspired with Russia... 

5 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Can we put him on ignore and just allow him to discuss his conspiracies with himself? TIA

And hell no....crap like this needs to be exposed for as many people as possible to see.

8 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Why on earth would “false flag” leap to the top of your possibilities list??

Just now, The Commish said:

Wow, my original post is gone.  Looks like it's still there from where Ham quoted it though. 

Talk about squashing discussion...

That goes both ways.  Trump opponents want him impeached and locked up and feels he’s engaged in serious criminal activity and conspired with Russia... 

I guess I must have missed all the rallies of Democratic candidates with the crowd screaming LOCK HIM UP!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

"This stinks to high heaven, sorry.   10 days before the midterm  election and right when the Democrats need to deflect attention away from their angry mobs getting attention."

He posted this earlier. Either he deleted it, or a mod nipped it.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

I guess I must have missed all the rallies of Democratic candidates with the crowd screaming LOCK HIM UP!

There have been plenty of angry people protesting Trump, even if they didn’t use those exact words.  Also the democrats aren’t having weird cult-like rallies.

But there are people angry at Trump and ricin was sent to Trump and some family members so this is a problem on all sides imo.

• Like 1

A law enforcement official told NBC News that all four packages sent to the Time Warner Center, Obama, Clinton and Soros are "nearly identical." CNN reported that metal material and wires were discovered by an X-ray of the package sent to the Time Warner Center.

All four packages appear to have working explosives in them, according to NBC News. The packages, which are manila in color, have stamps on them, and carry a return address that belongs to a prominent former Democratic Party official.

I agree that the rhetoric needs to be toned down but- 

I have to say that putting politics aside, this sort of argument has always bothered me. Whether it’s guns, or angry rhetoric, or Islamic terrorism,  or some other political issue, it makes me uncomfortable when we as a society react too strongly to a single crazy act. 

I hate the ugly rhetoric by Trump and others. I didn’t need this story to “prove” that it’s awful. I really don’t like that we always seem to need this sort of incident to draw large conclusions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Wow, my original post is gone.  Looks like it's still there from where Ham quoted it though. 

Talk about squashing discussion...

You didn't list any suspicious elements.  You just made an irresponsible statement with not facts. You are a troll.

There have been plenty of angry people protesting Trump, even if they didn’t use those exact words.  Also the democrats aren’t having weird cult-like rallies.

But there are people angry at Trump and ricin was sent to Trump and some family members so this is a problem on all sides imo.

So...not the same as having the leader of your party leading rally's about locking up their political opponents.

Edited by Bucky86
  • Like 1

Pence tweeted.

Vice President Mike Pence‏Verified account @VP

FollowFollow @VP

More

We condemn the attempted attacks against fmr Pres Obama, the Clintons, @CNN & others. These cowardly actions are despicable & have no place in this Country. Grateful for swift response of @SecretService, @FBI & local law enforcement. Those responsible will be brought to justice.

8:14 AM - 24 Oct 2018