What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got offered James White and Keenan Allen for Michael Thomas and Ebron.. Your help gets my reply (1 Viewer)

DarkKnightsGuru

Footballguy

I was offered James white and Keenan Allen for Michael Thomas and Ebron

ppr is 1 point

10 points for tds

1 point for every 10 yards total 

bonus of 5 for 8 catches on wr, bonus of 5 for 100 yard recevier and rusher and bonus of 5 for 75  receiver.

Do I make this deal we start 1 qb 2 rb 3 wr 1 te 1 kicker and 1 flex ..

im 7-0 

Wentz, Carson PHI QB (Q)142.19 

Drake, Kenyan MIA RB97.211 

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB100.88 

McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB134.74 

Peterson, Adrian WAS RB (Q)99.24 

Richard, Jalen OAK RB59.57 

Crabtree, Michael BAL WR95.910 

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR197.012 

Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR110.69 

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR110.87 

Thomas, Michael NOS WR180.86 

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR114.38 

Ebron, Eric IND TE143.79 

Howard, O.J. TBB TE85.15 

Njoku, David CLE TE (Q)90.711 

Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK37.012

Yes, take it and run. You get elite RB1 value at RB as long as Michel is out and mid/low-end RB1 value even when Michel returns. And a buy-low on Keenan Allen who I think will get more opportunities as the Chargers have a more challenging schedule 2nd half of the season. You have enough top flight WR value to sustain Michael Thomas' loss and whatever target/volume share he had at the beginning of the year isn't coming back with Ingram back in the fold and the emergence of Tre'Quan Smith.

Ebron will lose snaps/targets once Doyle comes back (who is practicing again). Njoku has the best TE schedule the remainder of the season among TEs and Howard is as good a second TE as any in a TB offense that passes 80% of the time. Please don't over-think this. This is a good trade for you.

Ebron will lose snaps/targets once Doyle comes back (who is practicing again). Njoku has the best TE schedule the remainder of the season among TEs and Howard is as good a second TE as any in a TB offense that passes 80% of the time. Please don't over-think this. This is a good trade for you.
howard only gets 4-5 targets a game..  yes they pass alot its just that ebron grabs alot of te even with doyle.. but i hear you 

the thing with ebron is even with doyle he catches tds which counts..  This guy is bettign the best player in deal Thomas and no slouch at TE... im getting top 8 rb and top 15 wr.. thomas produced last year with ingram and kamara record years and finished top 6 

Allen is not a wash .. Thomas is definitely way better .. Noone would prefer to have Allen over Thomas and the difference between Drake and White is about the same difference over Allen and Thomas

my league is a ppr and td League and Thomas does both of those well which Keenan does not.. Keenan does not sniff Thomas strap..  so its basically is the difference of White that much greater over Drake and Peterson than it is Allen and Thomas 

After all of this conversation, it is clear that you have a lot of doubt about this trade offer and have not been convinced enough to take the trade even though everyone that has responded to your post has suggested you take the trade. No, we cannot predict the future, but judging what you are receiving in return, the added depth it gives you through the bye weeks, and trading power it gives you (for example, if you wish to trade one of your RBs for another stud WR as you consolidate your roster before your league's trade deadline), I'm not sure how else you can be convinced to take the trade - particularly in a PPR league. There are ebbs and flows to the season and sometimes you have to follow where the trends are going instead of following the trends of weeks 1-4 or 5-7. You know RBs get hurt ALL the time so the added depth gives you both talent and insurance in the event of an injury. Your TE depth is ridiculous as is considering you have 3 of the top 8 guys on the season. Remember,  you can only play 1 (assuming you don't play a 2nd TE in your flex position). You know Allen can be a top 5-8 WR and he proved to be last year after a very similar slow start. Players regress to the mean - positively or negatively so these streaks that guys are on don't tend to last forever. Just my two cents. You do have a great roster but I would be wary of being content, and so keep examining trades as you progress through the rest of the season as you bolster your lineup for a playoff run.

well let me leave you at this Drake or Adrian peterson are not worth a std wr.. Yes trading power.. Thomas holds alot of value and over Allen.. I have to look at this deal on how many points i gain ppg... The difference between drake and White is 8 a game.. Thomas to Allen 10 a game..I dont really get better .. I get deeper at rb and the same at wr with my trio be a little softer as it was with Thomas.. now if Peterson or Drak were hurt .. this is a no brainer because i need a back fast 

After all of this conversation, it is clear that you have a lot of doubt about this trade offer and have not been convinced enough to take the trade even though everyone that has responded to your post has suggested you take the trade. No, we cannot predict the future, but judging what you are receiving in return, the added depth it gives you through the bye weeks, and trading power it gives you (for example, if you wish to trade one of your RBs for another stud WR as you consolidate your roster before your league's trade deadline), I'm not sure how else you can be convinced to take the trade - particularly in a PPR league. There are ebbs and flows to the season and sometimes you have to follow where the trends are going instead of following the trends of weeks 1-4 or 5-7. You know RBs get hurt ALL the time so the added depth gives you both talent and insurance in the event of an injury. Your TE depth is ridiculous as is considering you have 3 of the top 8 guys on the season. Remember,  you can only play 1 (assuming you don't play a 2nd TE in your flex position). You know Allen can be a top 5-8 WR and he proved to be last year after a very similar slow start. Players regress to the mean - positively or negatively so these streaks that guys are on don't tend to last forever. Just my two cents. You do have a great roster but I would be wary of being content, and so keep examining trades as you progress through the rest of the season as you bolster your lineup for a playoff run.
True that but truth be told nothing is a given .. Iys not a given that Allen will finish top 5 again after a similar start last year. .. there are alot of guys that start slow and continue the year slow.. Theres no given Allen will crack the top 5 as he did last year.. On the other hand Thomas is always a show in .. but i hear you im not content but im smart as they say if it aint broke dont fix it .. 

I'm with the consensus. I'm not calculating your scoring with this answer, but outside of one huge game for Ebron week over week scoring is very similar with Howard. Allen is a downgrade a bit from Thomas to date and in terms of talent, but I see NO running the ball a little more the rest of the year and think Thomas stays end of Tier1 and Allen top half of Tier 2, so it comes down to White is he the difference between the two? I think he is.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771704-devy-league-trade-offer/

I'm with the consensus. I'm not calculating your scoring with this answer, but outside of one huge game for Ebron week over week scoring is very similar with Howard. Allen is a downgrade a bit from Thomas to date and in terms of talent, but I see NO running the ball a little more the rest of the year and think Thomas stays end of Tier1 and Allen top half of Tier 2, so it comes down to White is he the difference between the two? I think he is.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771704-devy-league-trade-offer/
true .. Well the No are the same offense as last year.. When they both ran the ball Ingram and Kamara and Thomas finished top 6.. Thomas is a top 6 wr and Allen i think this year is about 10-20.. hard to predict and White yes remember im comparing him to my other starter.. Drake and Peterson I think its close .. Ebron whatever who cares but the difference between Drake and White is about the same as Allen and Thomas.. edge maybe more to White just in my league some of the power house teams r stacked at wr .. 

I'd do it. You need White way more than Ebron
Rem one think it really works this way who would u prefer starting Drake and Michael Thomas or James White and Allen .. because my second back is Drake so if you feel White /Allen is a better combo then Drake Thomas or Ap Thomas then the deal is a no brainier . I'm unsure White and Allen are that much better then Thomas Drake /Ap

I’m actually on the other side on this one. I like White now but what about once Michel returns which could be next week then what and to give up Thomas for Allen no way. I just don’t think I’d do it. I think Thomas is the best player in that trade by a long shot. Maybe if you didn’t have what you do at rb then maybe but with what you have no way would I do it. 

I’m actually on the other side on this one. I like White now but what about once Michel returns which could be next week then what and to give up Thomas for Allen no way. I just don’t think I’d do it. I think Thomas is the best player in that trade by a long shot. Maybe if you didn’t have what you do at rb then maybe but with what you have no way would I do it. 
White has been doing it with Michelle though ..whites game is different it's like mcaffrey .. he's a ppr guy .. he's on pace for 100 catches and just like last year ne can sustain 2 backs burkhead and Lewis remember.. Michel or not white has been doing it all year ..it's a toss up because Allen has been a top 5 player last 2 years and I'm making the deal because I feel he can rebound the second part and banking on a top 10 finish from Allen and White 

I think I did a poll and including bloom must say that 15 out of 17 told me to do it .. remember last year Keenan Allen was on a tear he's a good tier 1 wr .. 

So ended up making the deal even though ebron scored and Thomas is Thomas but what I did next was fantastic ..traded my backup wentz ,Lockett and Ekler for Hopkins ..

So now my team is 

Manhomes 

Bortles 

White ,Drake ,Drake ,Peterson 

Hopkins 

T hill 

K Allen 

Jeffrey

Oj Howard 

Njoku 

Zuerlain 

Users who are viewing this thread