What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which for a Reuben ?? Dijon Mustard or Thousand Island (1 Viewer)

Which for a Reuben ??

• Total voters
Dijon?  Aren't you just eating a corned beef sandwich with mustard at that point?  Or do you plan to make it like a Reuben and substitute Dijon for Russian dressing?

I've become a fan of sauerkraut recently, but up until not long ago, I didn't like kraut, Russian dressing, or Swiss cheese in any other context on their own...but love them all together on a Reuben.

Save the dijon for a Cuban.

Neither.  I put Gulden Spicy Brown Mustard on it or ask the deli to put mustard on it.  Never Dijon, though.

I've become a fan of sauerkraut recently, but up until not long ago, I didn't like kraut, Russian dressing, or Swiss cheese in any other context on their own...but love them all together on a Reuben.

Save the dijon for a Cuban.
this guy not a fan of krauts, russians or swiss.  take it to the PSF

Celph Titled the Rubix Cuban is shootin' through ya roof with Rugers
Jumpin' out the sewer in a scuba suit

While I do agree with the thought that it has to have thousand island to be a reuben, I'm a big fan of the mustard on an otherwise similar sandwich.  Actually had one yesterday and the cafeteria had them pre-made with thousand island, so I strayed...I didn't mind it, but it didn't add to the sammy the way I think mustard does.

And if Tipsy is listening someone could probably make a killing locally off a “remoulade Reuben” if anyone ever tries it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate the 1,000 Island dressing.  All the recipes I see for Russian dressing look like 1,000 Island (or close).  

What the hell?  I grew with the reddish-purple stuff as Russian dressing.  

I like that stuff.  
I feel like I'm about to ask a stupid question but isn't Russian Salad Dressing and Russian Dressing on a Reuben two different things? 

If they are the same thing then I may have just had my mind blown.*

*I'm also a moron

Users who are viewing this thread