What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire Targets/Pickups (1 Viewer)

The Frankman

Footballguy
Well, we've had an extremely high scoring Week 8 and the Saints-Vikings game is still in the 1st quarter. We've had a lot of guys emerge as definite targets, let's go down with my Fave Five Early Pickups:

Keke Coutee, Houston WR - With Will Fuller out for the year, if they sign no one Coutee could be an upside WR2. He's got the speed and athleticism to really be a target hog alongside Nuk Hopkins. His tape doesn't lie, he's definitely got breakout potential.

David Moore, Seattle WR - The targets are noting to write home about but he definitely is THE red zone passing option for Russell Wilson the last 3 games. He's going to be more volatile if he doesn't get a TD, but his snaps have been trending up (will have to see what his snap rate was for Week 9 )

D.J. Moore, Carolina WR - Torrey Smith Moore was out so Moore started and got 5/6 for 90 yards and got in the rushing act with 39 rushing yards on two attempts. His snaps should increase and if he starts next week (or gets the job opposite Devin Funchess), he gets the burnable Bucs secondary. (ROTOWORLD UPDATE - 71% of the offensive snaps)

DeVante Parker, Miami WR - Squeaky wheel much? Parker as pretty much the last man standing caught 6 of 9 for 134 yards Thursday Night. Even if Stills/Wilson come back he's earned more snaps, not to mention the chance he could get traded to a better situation.

Jack Doyle, Indianapolis TE - I wrote up a lot about him over the week due to his affinity with Andrew Luck and his extremely high snap rate week in and week out. First game back he goes 6 of 7 for 70 yards and a TD. Not sure if he played over 90% of the snaps again, but he's always had a safe floor with TE1 upside. Even with a Week 9 Bye he's a guy you grab now and go in this turribe TE market.

Who you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
McGuire may be worth a speculative add. Crowell is not exactly flashing outside of that one big 200 yard game and I think Cannon is more of a gadget guy. I don't expect McGuire to take over, but he could get a longer look as the season goes on.

What's his value in PPR/ Does he have any catch passing ability?
Caught 41 balls over three years at Notre Dame, but it's not like he played a lot regardless. Also I'm not familiar with Notre Dame's offensive philosophy.

What's his value in PPR/ Does he have any catch passing ability?
So far he's being used as the big back. All Eagles RBs have some pass catching ability but it's mostly been Clement and Smallwood in that role. When Adams comes in, it's usually to run so far.

Has he really surpassed him on the depth charts? Is he the #2 in GB now? 
that answer is not clear at this time. But in the last game he out snapped Allison 31 to 30 so if they were both effectively on the field for equal amount of time. He out targeted 5 to 1.

certainly something to keep an eye on because if he has developed better chemistry with Aaron Rodgers he could be used hoping, and Allison and moving into the wide receiver to roll on the field with either Allison or Cobb Manning the slots. with the schedule going forward there are some potential shootout games. I think scantling is definitely worth a hold on your team and could reap significant rewards going forward.

For those planning to pick up Fitzpatrick, what % of FAAB are you considering using? I am in a 2 QB - 14 team league so I am planning to heavily bid since I only had Jameis and Cam (I dropped Fitzpatrick a few weeks ago)

Again, if you're picking up Fitzpatrick at least be informed about his history. He always looks great taking over, usually keeping the starters' role and getting paid before flaming out spectacularly. He couldn't even keep the starters' gig this year before flaming out; if you bid heavy on him be prepared to roster a second QB if for when he implodes.

Again, if you're picking up Fitzpatrick at least be informed about his history. He always looks great taking over, usually keeping the starters' role and getting paid before flaming out spectacularly. He couldn't even keep the starters' gig this year before flaming out; if you bid heavy on him be prepared to roster a second QB if for when he implodes.
He was never the starter this year.. he was always the backup.

There was nothing to keep.

Coach would not name Fitz the starter today.

If he won't do so after that performance, I'm betting he will stick with Winston through the season?

I would avoid all packers skill players not named Adams and that inludes Aaron Rodgers and Graham. I know it will be unpopular but it has to be said, ARod is not a must start and he isnt even performing like a top option. He has 13 TD passed, thats as many as Ryan Fitzpatrick who missed a game had a bye, was benched at half time and came in for the 4th quarter of one game and half, yes half as many as Mahomes. A guy being paid 30 million needs to be better than that and need to be better than 3-3-1.

Rodgers is no longer an elite option and he is so inconsistent in fantasy that I dont know where to begin. Three of the seven games he has played he has had 1 TD? Two of the seven he has only had 3 TDs and in five of the seven he has been held under 300 yards in a passing league. I know it seems odd to say at first but look at his stats, injuries or not, he isnt elite. He may not be throwing picks and thats the only thing making his stats look good is not a lot of negative points.

For those planning to pick up Fitzpatrick, what % of FAAB are you considering using? I am in a 2 QB - 14 team league so I am planning to heavily bid since I only had Jameis and Cam (I dropped Fitzpatrick a few weeks ago)
I certainly wouldn't bid any FAAB until he was officially named starter.

I get that it's tougher in a 2QB league but I'd really try to avoid that whole situation if I could.

Coach would not name Fitz the starter today.

If he won't do so after that performance, I'm betting he will stick with Winston through the season?
I don't know.  Committing to him thru the end of the season opens themselves up to being stuck paying $20M next year if he is injured.

He was never the starter this year.. he was always the backup.

There was nothing to keep.
There definitely was the thought that he'd take over for Winston if he continued his historic passing pace. Winston is owed no guaranteed money next year and it appeared that they would move on from him next season (they still may). However Fitz burned out and got benched after two quarters vs. Pittsburgh.

See they definitely have to play it carefully... I think they want to cut Winston after the year but if you bench him now you lose him for the year. If they had confidence in Fitz to not implode, he'd be the starter. Most of the players want it, DeSean Jackson was lobbying for it in-game.

There definitely was the thought that he'd take over for Winston if he continued his historic passing pace. Winston is owed no guaranteed money next year and it appeared that they would move on from him next season (they still may). However Fitz burned out and got benched after two quarters vs. Pittsburgh.

See they definitely have to play it carefully... I think they want to cut Winston after the year but if you bench him now you lose him for the year. If they had confidence in Fitz to not implode, he'd be the starter. Most of the players want it, DeSean Jackson was lobbying for it in-game.
Unless he is injured.  Then he is guaranteed $20M+

The Bucs have announced Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Week 9 starter at quarterback.

"We’re just looking at this week," coach Dirk Koetter claimed. Considering the ramifications it has for Jameis Winston — his 2019 contract is guaranteed for injury only — that's hard to believe. Fitzpatrick, though uneven as usual, has been demonstrably better than Winston in OC Todd Monken's air raid. Stunningly, Fitzpatrick has cleared 400 yards in all three games he has played from start to finish this season. He will be in the QB1 mix against the Panthers.
Winston is done, there's no way you can go back to him now because of the injury risk. Bucs should name Ryan Griffin the #2 QB right now.

Fitz owners place your bids!

I have a bye-pocalypse coming up next week at WR, so I want to pick someone up now. Was offered Crowell for Allison, but I think I may just drop Crowell and take my chances in the WW. Considering Amendola, Parker, Coutee and Kirk. As of right now leaning Amendola because he has the safest floor. The good news is that I can grab someone now and, if they put up a stinker this week, re-evaluate heading into next week.

Adams 78 targets (7G) 35 targets last 3

Cobb 32 targets (4G)

Allison 30 targets (5G) 1 target yesyerday

MSV 27 targets (6G) 21 targets last 3
This is misrepresentation of the stats though. Remove Adams from the list because this is about the #2 in GB, not the #1. 

So of the three options, only one has even played the last few games because of health. 

Obviously he's going to have the most targets over that span...

David Moore, Seattle WR - The targets are noting to write home about but he definitely is THE red zone passing option for Russell Wilson the last 3 games. He's going to be more volatile if he doesn't get a TD, but his snaps have been trending up (will have to see what his snap rate was for Week 9 )
In 3 weeks he has had 2 RZ targets. 

Get on this kid now in Dynasty if he's still out there.  He has all the tools.

BobbyLayne said:
Adams 78 targets (7G) 35 targets last 3

Cobb 32 targets (4G)

Allison 30 targets (5G) 1 target yesyerday

MSV 27 targets (6G) 21 targets last 3
I'm not buying it and yes I have a Geronimo slant but we're talking about Rodgers here. He loathes mistakes and the rookies have made a ton of them along with a few plays but only out of necessity from the injuries.

I believe they eased both Cobb and Allison back this week while giving a nod to the rookies and to not abruptly pull the plug on them. I don't think pros lose their jobs because of injury until they prove they are no longer the better player on the field.

Looking at picking up Ridley off waivers for the second time.   After a mediocre performance and a bye he's waiver material again.

DJ Moore as well.   Doubt Torrey Smith is back next week and the matchup with TB looks good.

Looking at picking up Ridley off waivers for the second time.   After a mediocre performance and a bye he's waiver material again.

DJ Moore as well.   Doubt Torrey Smith is back next week and the matchup with TB looks good.
I like the potential DJ Moore brings especially with soft playoff schedule but is Ridley TD dependent?  

I am targeting DJ Moore ( have to trade for him). Not sure his value...

The Frankman said:
Eh, fantasy-wise how bad was this? I could see how he might be replaced again that's true, but he had a bad first half against Chicago, no crime there. He started piling up the picks, that's also true.

Just for a laugh, here a a few guys not owned in 100% of Yahoo leagues:

QB - Mahomes

RB - Conner
My guess is they're not owned in some best ball leagues that were drafted very early.

Would have been nice to have a crystal ball back in May.

D.J. Moore, Carolina WR - Torrey Smith Moore was out so Moore started and got 5/6 for 90 yards and got in the rushing act with 39 rushing yards on two attempts. His snaps should increase and if he starts next week (or gets the job opposite Devin Funchess), he gets the burnable Bucs secondary. (ROTOWORLD UPDATE - 71% of the offensive snaps)

DeVante Parker, Miami WR - Squeaky wheel much? Parker as pretty much the last man standing caught 6 of 9 for 134 yards Thursday Night. Even if Stills/Wilson come back he's earned more snaps, not to mention the chance he could get traded to a better situation.
Any thoughts here?

I'll throw in Amendola, MVS, Ty Williams, Seth Roberts, & Callaway.

I like the potential DJ Moore brings especially with soft playoff schedule but is Ridley TD dependent?  

I am targeting DJ Moore ( have to trade for him). Not sure his value...

Other than his one big game where he got targeted 8 times, he hasn't seen more than 6 targets, but he catches what comes his way and his QB looks for him in the red zone.   For a waiver wire WR3, that seems ok and he's still got half a season to become more involved in the offense.

Any thoughts here?

I'll throw in Amendola, MVS, Ty Williams, Seth Roberts, & Callaway.
It's hard for me to endorse Amendola because that O is so bad. At least Parker has the frame/talent to bust out of that.

I didn't know MVS came close to outsnapping Allison AND Cobb. Definitely more than a flier, that's a legit pickup.

I made it my mission to never endorse Ty Williams unless he gets two straight games of 6 or more targets.

Seth Roberts? Brandon LaFell played many more snaps than him (92%). If Bryant was gone then I'd endorse Roberts since he'd be the deep threat.

After all the stinkers I need more than one okay game to believe in Callaway. Higgins return is nigh.

Is this where we talk about who is droppable this week?:

Decided to let go of Hyde and making him somebody else's problem (I also have Yeldon but I will keep him since he's actually been productive)

zftcg said:
I have a bye-pocalypse coming up next week at WR, so I want to pick someone up now. Was offered Crowell for Allison, but I think I may just drop Crowell and take my chances in the WW. Considering Amendola, Parker, Coutee and Kirk. As of right now leaning Amendola because he has the safest floor. The good news is that I can grab someone now and, if they put up a stinker this week, re-evaluate heading into next week.
Coutee on the WW? Absolutely pick him up. 

Users who are viewing this thread