What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire Targets/Pickups (1 Viewer)

Just for a laugh, here a a few guys not owned in 100% of Yahoo leagues:

QB - Mahomes

RB - Conner
It's leagues that are set up and then fall apart before or during the season d/t disinterest, etc. No one actually playing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
BobbyLayne said:
Adams 78 targets (7G) 35 targets last 3

Cobb 32 targets (4G)

Allison 30 targets (5G) 1 target yesyerday

MSV 27 targets (6G) 21 targets last 3
This is a great matchup with NE coming up and I'm always obsessed with the deep role for GB, so I thought it'd be worth it to chase this down further:

GB WR Group By Game

Chi 1. Cobb 87% (10 tar), Allison 70% (8 tar), MVS 3% (0 tar)

Min 2. Cobb 92% (6), Allison 79% (6), MVS 8% (1)

Was 3. Cobb 94% (11), Allison 75% (4), MVS 17% (1)

Buf 4. Cobb 0% (Inj), Allison 74% (11), MVS 71% (3)

Det/SF 5-6. MVS. 95 % (10) & 93% (6) (Cobb & Allison injured) (ESB with 5 & 1 targets)

LAR 8. Cobb 46% (5 tar), Allison 58% (1 tar), MVS 60% (5 tar) (ESB with 2 targets)

With the exception of Week 6 vs SF this group is consistently getting 13-18 targets. Vs NE it may be closer to that 18 target number. I think MVS may be about to cut significantly into Cobb's and Allison's targets, both.

Or not.

The bigger problem for me is that both Houston and Denver are on bye next week, so neither Coutee nor Sutton can help plug my roster hole. That said, I still picked up Sutton as an upside play.
Texans just picked up Demaryius Thomas, making both he and Courtland Sutton a bit tastier

Drop Tre'Quan for Sutton? THAT is the question...
Nah since he's probably going off this week vs. the Rams.  Maybe Sutton will last through a tough match-up this week and in to his bye.

ETA: OK maybe not...too bad I have Sanders.  Might still be worth a flyer.

And just like that Coutee's value is pudding. Parker and DJ Moore now the top WR options to nab. Sutton is probably already stashed in your league.

He did just fine with Fuller healthy. 
Not nearly enough of a sample size to say that. He had the blow-up game vs Indy (Fuller was injured in the first half). The following week Fuller played and KC was OK (6/51/1, with the TD coming on a 1yd touch-pass) and since then he's had two dud games (one of which was when the injury happened).

He's a total dart throw, and the addition of Thomas increases the uncertainty level. He could certainly pan out, but he's also far from a must-add.

And just like that Coutee's value is pudding. Parker and DJ Moore now the top WR options to nab. Sutton is probably already stashed in your league.
Not in My League! (TM)

Seriously, though, I play in two 14-team, 5-bench leagues, and he's available in both. So definitely make sure he's not still out there.

In one league, I'm dropping Crowell for him. In another, I'd love to stash, but I don't think he's worth dropping Godwin or Doug Martin for, especially since I need a WR next week when Sutton will be on bye.

Not in My League! (TM)

Seriously, though, I play in two 14-team, 5-bench leagues, and he's available in both. So definitely make sure he's not still out there.

In one league, I'm dropping Crowell for him. In another, I'd love to stash, but I don't think he's worth dropping Godwin or Doug Martin for, especially since I need a WR next week when Sutton will be on bye.
Really? Wow, In my 14-team 5 bench league with Double Flex dude has been rostered since Week 3.

Wouldn't go that far... but I would definitely prioritize Moore over Coutee. Especially if you need somebody this week. Sutton becomes a higher priority as well 

Not nearly enough of a sample size to say that. He had the blow-up game vs Indy (Fuller was injured in the first half). The following week Fuller played and KC was OK (6/51/1, with the TD coming on a 1yd touch-pass) and since then he's had two dud games (one of which was when the injury happened).

He's a total dart throw, and the addition of Thomas increases the uncertainty level. He could certainly pan out, but he's also far from a must-add.
But you're willing to roster Doug Martin? ?

Actually I think the bigger hit on his value is Miller & the run game doing better. I had thought or hoped he would get some deep balls filling in for Fuller, now... not so much. Though it might take a week for DT to fit into the game plan.

But you're willing to roster Doug Martin? ?
You did your homework!

I actually like Coutee better than Martin (FYI, those are different teams; he's owned in the league where I have Martin). But yes, I think they're both dart throws, and very far from "must-add" status.

Martin's opportunity is a little more defined (he's the clear two-down back) whereas Coutee has more talent and a better offense. But pretty much all WR2s/WR3s are dart throws. You never know when they'll crap a 3/30/0.

With no DT, Coutee was still not guaranteed to bust out, but he had WR2 upside. Now, who knows?

Meanwhile, Sutton now has far more upside, probably even more than Coutee before the trade, since Sanders <<< Hopkins.

You did your homework!

I actually like Coutee better than Martin (FYI, those are different teams; he's owned in the league where I have Martin). But yes, I think they're both dart throws, and very far from "must-add" status.

Martin's opportunity is a little more defined (he's the clear two-down back) whereas Coutee has more talent and a better offense. But pretty much all WR2s/WR3s are dart throws. You never know when they'll crap a 3/30/0.

With no DT, Coutee was still not guaranteed to bust out, but he had WR2 upside. Now, who knows?

Meanwhile, Sutton now has far more upside, probably even more than Coutee before the trade, since Sanders <<< Hopkins.
Haha just giving you ####. Had the muscle hamster for years and he was always maddening. I wholeheartedly agree with Sutton - was actively trying to get him all year and the owner essentially told me no chance in hell. And that ship has certainly sailed now, unfortunately. 

Actually I think the bigger hit on his value is Miller & the run game doing better. I had thought or hoped he would get some deep balls filling in for Fuller, now... not so much. Though it might take a week for DT to fit into the game plan.
And during that period, Coutee will be out with a hamstring injury and then Houston is on bye.

I think the thing with Coutee (and something that a few analysts have said) is that he's fully capable of being more than 'the slot guy' (see Ellington, Bruce). He's pretty much a slot guy/gadget player right now, but people project that he could easily inhabit the Fuller role of speedy lid lifter and more. He's capable of running close to a full route tree, as this Pro Football Focus piece breaking down the WR Draft class shows.

The Red Raiders’ most targeted receiver in their ‘air raid’ offense, Coutee was seemingly unstoppable in 2017. He caught all 10 of his touchdowns from the slot this past season but was a tremendous asset on ‘go’ routes. He brought in a remarkable 75 percent of his fly routes at an average depth of 30.1 yards per target and had four of his 10 touchdowns when running a ‘go.’ Equally as impressive was his ability to bring in slant patterns and to make defenders miss. On 10 slant targets, Coutee brought in nine receptions for 240 yards, 180 of those after the catch, and two more touchdowns. His short range shiftiness and ability to stretch the field vertically together should go a long way at the next level.

Elevencents said:
Haha just giving you ####. Had the muscle hamster for years and he was always maddening. I wholeheartedly agree with Sutton - was actively trying to get him all year and the owner essentially told me no chance in hell. And that ship has certainly sailed now, unfortunately. 
I think the only reason I could consider picking up Martin is because I've never had him on my team before, so I have no negative emotions associated with him.  :lol:

zftcg said:
And during that period, Coutee will be out with a hamstring injury and then Houston is on bye.
Following up on this, whatever you think of KC's talent, you should only pick him up of you can afford a minimum two week stash in the heart of bye season

How would you rank these guys available on my waiver wire?  PPR and used only as flex. Aaron Jones, Courtland Sutton and D.J.Moore

1.  Sutton

2.  Jones

3.  Moore

... so Sutton? I mean people are spending a third of their FAAB to get this dude.
I meant after this week. A lot of waivers already happened. I guess I wasn't clear. I meant since the trade movement is over, really only injuries or just flat out poor play by someone else are what can get someone into the starting lineup at this point into the season.

Jones

Moore 

Sutton

Moore 

Jones 

Sutton
Help me understand why you guys both have Moore over Sutton here - Moore, to my knowledge, has really had one decent game.  He's never had more than 6 targets, and that was only this last game.  There's no telling what Torrey Smith will do when he's back (could re-take playing time).  Meanwhile Sutton is now an on-the-field WR2 for Denver who isn't reliant on injuries for playing time.  He's had a few big plays, and while his targets aren't much better than Moore, his TD's are.  He's also on a team likely playing from behind more.  

I'm just curious what you guys are seeing that I'm missing.

Help me understand why you guys both have Moore over Sutton here - Moore, to my knowledge, has really had one decent game.  He's never had more than 6 targets, and that was only this last game.  There's no telling what Torrey Smith will do when he's back (could re-take playing time).  Meanwhile Sutton is now an on-the-field WR2 for Denver who isn't reliant on injuries for playing time.  He's had a few big plays, and while his targets aren't much better than Moore, his TD's are.  He's also on a team likely playing from behind more.  

Cam > Keenum?  Moore starting to come on as a rookie with WR1 potential and no big belief in Torrey smith? 

I think it’s close Moore fights with McCaffrey and Olsen mostly for targets...Sutton fights with Sanders. Schedule wise...Carolinas is tasty the rest of the way. Denver’s schedule also nice after the bye.

I chose Moore mostly as I need him during this bye week devastation I’ve got going on (No Beckham, Boyd, David Johnson, or Marlon Mack)

Cam > Keenum?  Moore starting to come on as a rookie with WR1 potential and no big belief in Torrey smith? 

I think it’s close Moore fights with McCaffrey and Olsen mostly for targets...Sutton fights with Sanders. Schedule wise...Carolinas is tasty the rest of the way. Denver’s schedule also nice after the bye.

I chose Moore mostly as I need him during this bye week devastation I’ve got going on (No Beckham, Boyd, David Johnson, or Marlon Mack)
Thanks.  That's all fair - I guess it's just interpretation.  I've also never been able to figure out Cam and who the go-to is on Carolina.  I think the only Panther I've ever owned regularly is Olsen because until recently he's been the most consistent (Aside from Cam).

So, if we can also discuss who we drop, would you drop either of the following?:

D. Foreman, Houston RB (on IR)

Royce Freeman, Denver RB

Thanks.  That's all fair - I guess it's just interpretation.  I've also never been able to figure out Cam and who the go-to is on Carolina.  I think the only Panther I've ever owned regularly is Olsen because until recently he's been the most consistent (Aside from Cam).
I think the pendulum is shifting with regard to Cam's receiving options. Olsen seems to be slowing down with all the injuries and Funchess has his moments, but doesn't appear to be a true #1 receiver. Moore may be that guy. Reading the tea leaves a bit, it seems like the future of the passing game will revolve around McCaffrey and Moore as the handpicked high draft picks.

So, if we can also discuss who we drop, would you drop either of the following?:

D. Foreman, Houston RB (on IR)

Royce Freeman, Denver RB
Foreman - Miller is peaking and Foreman is still hurting..  You could drop and probably pick up two weeks from now if there were any promise.

Jones >Moore >> Sutton.

Moore is the best receiver from the draft IMO. He looks uncoverable at times and his RAC ability is second to none in this class. It looks like his snaps are increasing and It’s a matter of time when he becomes a true #1 as his route tree expands. 

1) Carolina has the easiest schedule for WRs ROS.

2) DJ was ascending already before the injury and just played his highest snap rate last week (69.8%). It's possible that he could take over as the teams' #2 when Smith comes back, or at least play a similar amount of snaps. Plus, he's shown to be more versatile than Smith and Jarius Wright and tends to run much higher-percentage routes (not to mention his use behind the LOS).

They're both good picks, Moore has the potential to have a higher floor but is always going to have a lower ceiling than Sutton.

Thinking of dropping Yeldon for Josh Adams even though Yeldon has been a consistent performer with a very high floor (8+ pts in every game). 

I'm a Packers fan so currently I hate his sorry *** but any value in Montgomery going to the Ravens? Definitely he'll be an upgrade over Jarvouious Allen.

Thinking of dropping Yeldon for Josh Adams even though Yeldon has been a consistent performer with a very high floor (8+ pts in every game). 

I'm a Packers fan so currently I hate his sorry *** but any value in Montgomery going to the Ravens? Definitely he'll be an upgrade over Jarvouious Allen.
As a Ravens fan, I dont know who they are this year, especially offense.  So who knows how they utilize Montgomery? I mean, I have Collins (fairly early draft pick like most folks) on my bench last 2 weeks.  With Harbaughs love for Allen, not sure how much he carves out..

I'll just speculate that I'm sure Harbaugh would love to recreate the Woodhead role. Ty isn't as good of a runner of course, but I don't see how this is good news for Buck Allen. Not that Ty's an immediate add but I'd think keep an eye on the situation.

• bid $2 on Parker winning bid was $7
  • bid $4 on Sutton winning bid was $7
  • bid $6 on Moore losing bid was $1
Also bid $12 on Fitzmagic winning bid was $15. Baker Mayfield it is!

With the Tate trade I had 7 players on a bye. My starting WRs this week are AB, Geronimo and Moore, along with 3 rookie RBs (Kerryon, Lindsay and Chubb.) Thankfully my opponent has bye week issues as well and is on a 6 game losing streak.

With Ertz on a BYE I am in need of a TE to fill in this week.  Waiver wire is pretty dry, any sneaky plays this week?

I'm very high on Sutton but not that much on Coutee. First Coutee has a nagging hamstring injury...those can be tricky and secondly DT coming to the Texans will make Coutee still the #3 WR in the roster at best. I just don't see the Texans trading for DT if they didn't have a legit concern over Coutee either in terms of his injury or being their #2 WR.

Sutton on the other hand seems to have grabbed that #2 spot. Granted, he plays for an iffy QB in an average offense but I think he's worth a spot in any rosters at this point. I know I would make room on my bench for Sutton not for Coutee.  

Users who are viewing this thread