Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

N'Keal Harry - NE Patriots WR

Something is not right, we’re once again watching the puppet master work his magic. I wouldn’t expect much from Harry this year.

Tex

1 minute ago, BigTex said:

Something is not right, we’re once again watching the puppet master work his magic. I wouldn’t expect much from Harry this year.

Tex

I wouldn’t expect much from Harry based on the less than stellar track record of rookies I the Patriots. 

However, I wouldn’t really put too much stock in the injury situation just yet. The year they traded for Moss, they made it out that he was too banged up to play and held him out most of the preseason with what I remember to be a hamstring or leg injury. 

Week 1 hit lit up Revis and theNets for 9-183-1.  That being said, Harry isn’t Moss. 

6 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I wouldn’t expect much from Harry based on the less than stellar track record of rookies I the Patriots. 

However, I wouldn’t really put too much stock in the injury situation just yet. The year they traded for Moss, they made it out that he was too banged up to play and held him out most of the preseason with what I remember to be a hamstring or leg injury. 

Week 1 hit lit up Revis and theNets for 9-183-1.  That being said, Harry isn’t Moss. 

You’re more in tuned to this organization than I am. I just believe there’s more to it than they are saying. I could be paranoid, I’ve been burned by this organization before so take it for what it is.

Tex

N'Keal Harry (ankle, hamstring, toe) returned to practice Wednesday.

Harry missed a handful of practices while battling various injuries, but it looks like those absences were probably more maintenance-related than anything. The first-round rookie showed promise in Thursday's preseason opener, corralling both of his targets for 36 yards in a victory over the Lions. He and Julian Edelman are locked in as starters, though the rest of New England's pass-catching corps is up for grabs.

SOURCE: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 AM ET

On 8/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, BigTex said:

You’re more in tuned to this organization than I am. I just believe there’s more to it than they are saying. I could be paranoid, I’ve been burned by this organization before so take it for what it is.

Tex

I think BB learned a lot from his management/mismanagement of Gronk and he will put certain guys on a pitch count no matter what he tells the public. That said, I don't think he's doing that with a rookie in TC. I think he's just playing it safe and thinking longterm.

Doug Kyed @DougKyed

Harry, who isn't practicing, has multiple injuries and wasn't running with the first-team before going down can't logically be considered a projected starter as of today

(N'Keal Harry)

55 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

So who then?

I'm an overweight out of shape dude in his mid 40s who lives not too far from Foxboro and I'm thinking stopping by as based on what the Pats have for WRs right now, I've got my chances. Stay tuned, I might be a good late second round/early third round pick....

11 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

I'm an overweight out of shape dude in his mid 40s who lives not too far from Foxboro and I'm thinking stopping by as based on what the Pats have for WRs right now, I've got my chances. Stay tuned, I might be a good late second round/early third round pick....

Saasgaard gets invincible!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

I like your chances but I think they have too many mouths to feed to make you fantasy relevant. If (when) Edelman goes down I'll keep you on speed dial.

On Thursday, Tom Brady’s first-team wide receivers included Jakobi Meyers, Braxton Berrios, Dontrelle Inman and Gunner Olszewski, who at this time last year was a Division-II cornerback.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Big news for the Patriots, with No. 10 still available.

NFL is reinstating Patriots’ WR Josh Gordon, league source tells ESPN.

15 hours ago, Penguin said:

Doug Kyed @DougKyed

Harry, who isn't practicing, has multiple injuries and wasn't running with the first-team before going down can't logically be considered a projected starter as of today

(N'Keal Harry)

Wrong.

Is anyone else worried about Harry's ability to stay healthy through the season?  I mean, he's been sidelined throughout training camp with one seemingly minor injury or another.  I just have visions of him being a fantastic receiver for the 3-4 games he gets to play this year.  

Evan Silva

N’Keal Harry struggled to find his footing throughout minicamp/OTAs and the early part of training camp. He redeemed himself somewhat on two impressive back-shoulder catches in New England’s preseason opener, only to suffer turf toe in the game. Missing practice with Tom Brady is concerning because it prevented TB12 from building chemistry with the Patriots’ rookie receiver, especially since Harry relies on timing and trust in contested situations rather than separation as the foundation of his game. Josh Gordon’s surprisingly-early reinstatement put the final fork in Harry as a re-draft pick.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, tombonneau said:

I think BB learned a lot from his management/mismanagement of Gronk and he will put certain guys on a pitch count no matter what he tells the public. That said, I don't think he's doing that with a rookie in TC. I think he's just playing it safe and thinking longterm.

Could be but this organization has a truth issue when it comes to their players. I still believe that there’s more to this story and they are using injury as the scapegoat. I hope I’m wrong but I’m passing on him unless something miraculous happens between now and draft day but I’m not holding my breath.

Tex

9 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Could be but this organization has a truth issue when it comes to their players. I still believe that there’s more to this story and they are using injury as the scapegoat. I hope I’m wrong but I’m passing on him unless something miraculous happens between now and draft day but I’m not holding my breath.

Tex

Even if Harry were 100% healthy, people should be passing on Harry in redraft leagues. I don't see why anyone would want the fourth guy for targets on the NE receiving tree. AT BEST, he would come after Edelman, White, and Gordon. As I have outlined several times, NE rookie receivers the past 20 years have essentially been irrelevant fantasy wise. Add in Harry's injuries, lack of practice, and inability to build chemistry and he should be a hard pass as a draft option. Depending how things play out, he may be worth a late season add, but there are better places to spent redraft picks.

• Like 1

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 

With Demaryius Thomas activated, here is my view of WR spot, (projection to keep 6):

Julian Edelman

Josh Gordon (NFI)

N'Keal Harry

Demaryius Thomas

Phillip Dorsett

Jakobi Meyers

Maurice Harris

Braxton Berrios

Gunner Olszewski

Damoun Patterson

Ryan Davis

(Cameron Meredith - NFI)

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

Even if Harry were 100% healthy, people should be passing on Harry in redraft leagues. I don't see why anyone would want the fourth guy for targets on the NE receiving tree. AT BEST, he would come after Edelman, White, and Gordon. As I have outlined several times, NE rookie receivers the past 20 years have essentially been irrelevant fantasy wise. Add in Harry's injuries, lack of practice, and inability to build chemistry and he should be a hard pass as a draft option. Depending how things play out, he may be worth a late season add, but there are better places to spent redraft picks.

Sorry I didn’t make it clear, I’m speaking from a Dynasty perspective nevertheless I agree.

Tex

9 hours ago, az_prof said:

I can't believe this guy is still being drafted in the first round of rookie drafts as he has been surpassed by an UDFA in Meyers. 

This.  

Harry didn't do anything in college.  His numbers are inflated by a slew of jump balls that were all luck.  At only 6'4 225, I don't think he has the size to play with physical NFL CB's.  All stud fantasy WR's dominate from their rookie year.  See Moss, Randy.  

If I were in a rookie draft say tomorrow night, (which is ironically when mine is)  I wouldn't want any piece of Harry until at least 1.09 (which just happens to be where I pick).

• Laughing 1

In all seriousness:

He was my favorite WR coming out.  I think he was the favorite of most of this board.  If this kid winds up in a good situation--watch out.  

The concern for everybody over and over again:  He's going to wind up in Baltimore where they run it 500 times and Lamar Jackson can't throw.  

Instead--he winds up on the Patriots catching passes from the GOAT.  He struggles early, so we just forget everything we loved about him.  We decide we no longer care that the Ravens didn't take him.  

Expecting a very uneven rookie campaign. Happy to add him in dynasty startups. Also happy to add him in bestball/year long total points type leagues as a very late pick. Not sure why anyone would count on him for weekly production as a rookie. Only the very top RBs should ever be counted on that way...and then with caution/handcuffs

Edited by renesauz