What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR N'Keal Harry - CHI (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Mike Reiss notes N'Keal Harry (I.R., ankle) is eligible to resume practicing this week.

Injuries to Josh Gordon (knee) and Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) have the Patriots' receiving corps in dire straights. Adding Harry would be a nice boost, though even if he resumes practicing when first eligible, the earliest we would see him is Week 9 at Baltimore. A first-rounder out of Arizona State who garnered Dez Bryant and Anquan Boldin comparisons coming out of college, Harry makes for a sensible bench stash, particularly in deeper leagues.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Oct 13, 2019, 9:35 AM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms N'Keal Harry (I.R., ankle) is expected to resume practicing this week.

It puts Harry on track to return when first eligible in Week 9. The first-rounder showed promise before injuries hijacked his summer and should become an immediate fixture in the Pats' offense upon his return. Undrafted rookies Jakobi Meyers and Gunner Olszewski were forced to play heavy snaps against the Giants with Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) and Josh Gordon (knee) both ailing in Week 6.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 14, 2019, 11:02 AM ET

Will be much better for Pats NFL team than anyone's fantasy team in 2019 but would love to see the arrow start pointing up with this kid this year and get some momentum in playoffs to carry into 2020. He might end up taking Gordon's role by then, who knows.

Patriots WR N'Keal Harry (ankle) returned to practice Tuesday.

Harry was officially designated as New England's first player to return from injured reserve. It's the rookie's first practice since the end of August following an injury-riddled training camp and preseason. Harry can't play for another two games per the league's policy since he was just activated, but it's likely he's limited or simply takes a backseat to undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers if he's available in Week 9. Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) also returned to practice on Tuesday. Harry's merely a cross-your-fingers stash since he was most recently considered to be behind Maurice Harris on the depth chart prior to final cuts.

SOURCE: Nora Princiotti on Twitter

Oct 15, 2019, 12:05 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said N'Keal Harry (ankle) is making progress.

"I'd say each day, as you would expect, a little more improvement and confidence and taking things a little bit further than the day before," Belichick said, as only he could. "But he's missed a lot of time. He still has a long way to go. He's definitely trending in the right direction. We just have to evaluate where it is and what helps the team the most here." In other words, even if Harry is active for Week 9, it will likely be for a limited role. Especially with Mohamed Sanu now aboard, Harry is unlikely to be a major re-draft consideration down the stretch.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston

Oct 29, 2019, 3:25 PM ET

Patriots activated N'Keal Harry (ankle) from injured reserve.

Harry has been practicing the last two weeks. Getting activated off IR puts him on track to make his debut Sunday night against the Ravens. Harry's path to targets took a hit when the Patriots traded for Mohamed Sanu, but he should push for snaps in three-wide sets. Out since August, Harry's role figures to be limited if active this week.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 2, 2019, 12:02 PM ET

Drop Sanu or wait a few weeks? I'm thinking Demaryus Thomas would be more consistent.
I'm not offering advice, just pith. Demaryius's schedule is tantalizing. His speed and routes? Not so much. 

I'm not sure Sanu is going to give you what you want, nor is Harry.

Take that for what it's worth, which may not be much. I see a lotta mediocre games for Sanu and Harry, and a lot of frustration with Demaryius, though that schedule...

Here we go. Lots of chatter this week from coaches and even TB12 about Harry. Sounds like he will definitely be active and part of the game plan.

Really have fingers crossed they find a way to use him in the red zone. IMO, his only 2019 value is 4/55/1-2 type games. But for 2020+, it'll be critical for him to show some rapport and development heading down the stretch. I will say that WRs in the Pats offense - both rookies and vets - either get it or don't and you know pretty early who will click.

Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi

In his safe space with @christianfauria on @weei, Tom Brady said of N'Keal Harry, "He’s extremely hard-working. He wants to do it. He’s got a great edge about him. I really love that. I really love his tenacity and he’s learning every day, and he’s working hard to get better."

Michael Giardi @MikeGiardi

Best answer about N'Keal we've heard yet. And quite frankly, it's been unfair because he hasn't been given the opportunity to speak since August. Everyone I've talked to says he's a smart kid, composed.

N'Keal Harry is active for Week 11 against the Eagles.

Recently activated from IR, Harry will at last make his NFL debut Sunday in Philadelphia. It's been a long time coming for the rookie, who is finally healthy after battling a nagging ankle injury he suffered over the summer. S Patrick Chung, DT Byron Cowart, OT Korey Cunningham, RB Damien Harris, TE Ryan Izzo, QB Cody Kessler and WR Gunner Olszewski highlight New England's inactives for Week 11.

SOURCE: New England Patriots on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 2:59 PM ET

N'Keal Harry (ankle) is expected to make his debut in Sunday's Week 11 matchup with Philadelphia.

Harry resumed practicing over a month ago and was activated ahead of Week 9 at Baltimore but wound up a healthy scratch for that game. It's too early to speculate on Harry's fantasy significance, though he should occupy an immediate role in a receiving corps featuring slot mainstay Julian Edelman, newcomer Mohamed Sanu and not much else (apologies to Phillip Dorsett and Jakobi Meyers). Don't be surprised if the first-round rookie makes noise against Philadelphia's funnel defense.

SOURCE: Mike Giardi on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 12:33 PM ET

N’Keal Harry supplied three catches for 18 yards on four targets Sunday in the Patriots’ Week 11 victory over Philadelphia.

Harry saw a light workload in his Patriots debut, logging fewer snaps (32) than teammates Julian Edelman (66), Mohamed Sanu (41) and Phillip Dorsett (34), who left with a concussion in the second half. Ultimately he drew four targets on 20 routes run. Harry was never expected to have a big role in his first game after missing the first two months of the season with a nagging ankle injury, though the first-rounder should eventually feature in three-wide sets. He could see more involvement if Dorsett is unavailable next week against the Cowboys.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:22 PM ET

N’Keal Harry caught 1-of-4 targets for 10 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' Week 12 win over the Cowboys.

Harry flashed on Sunday and showed why the Patriots used a first-round pick to acquire his services. His 10-yard touchdown demonstrated some contested-catch goodness, while the rookie also proved to be more than capable of operating as a solid route runner on more than a few occasions throughout the afternoon. Unfortunately it wasn’t all good, as Harry let a pair of catchable targets slip through his hands that would have resulted in an extra 30 or so yards. Harry’s targets are going to be a bit scarce, particularly once Mohamed Sanu (ankle) and Phillip Dorsett (concussion) return, so he’ll probably be a better real-life option than fantasy-football value moving forward. Still, Harry’s fantasy-friendly role as a red-zone and deep-ball option make him a boom-or-bust WR4 moving forward.

Those two drops would have been amazing catches in that weather. Tough to fault him too much - and BB and Brafy definitely did not post-game - but even snaring in one would have been nice to see. 

Jakobi definitely has Brady's eye more right now. 

N'Keal Harry (hip) is practicing in full for Week 15 against the Bengals.

Harry suffered a minor hip injury late in last week's loss to KC, but it won't keep him from playing Sunday in Cincinnati. The first-round rookie hasn't made much of an impact this year, compiling just five catches for 40 yards and a touchdown in four appearances.

SOURCE: Ben Volin on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 4:48 PM ET

What kind of value do people have on Harry heading into 2020 drafts?

Generic, overall ranking values are all over the map online. He doesn't make the top 100 in dynasty rankings here at FBG. Meanwhile, he's 57 overall at DLF and 48 on FSharks. Lots of missed time and a frustrated, less-than-willing teacher in Brady by the time he returned. Now stuck in a virtual off-season setting but putting in work (per Faust's links) to improve. 

General ranking thoughts in startup and/or current picks (or where he'd rank compared to incoming rookie WRs)?

I was going to say he should definitely be in the top 100  (which is where I have him) however, i have done 2 mid stakes fpc dynasty bb startups in the last couple of months and he went early 12th pre nfl draft (it was SF - i took him) and now post nfl draft he went 9.3. So I think 100 is to low and 50 is too high, but the adp I see seems to jive with fbg. Fwiw i don't find much correlation with dlfs rankings and what i see in fpc dyno drafts and think u r better off using fantasymojo for fpc adp and draft boards.

Harry flashed talent last yr we just don't how he is going to handle the adversity of being a pretty big failure yr1. Does he double down and work his tail off or does he figure the problem is everyone but him and its business as usual. I really have no idea but I hope its the former. 

Should be fairly easy to do a quick eyeball search through all hidden threads, no?  How many hidden threads are there?

He's a good buy if you don't have to overpay.  If he blows up this year you've missed your chance.

In an FFPC style league (TE premium) that disbands after 2020, so take that as you will regarding values here, but during our May rookie/FA draft I moved Waller for Harry, OJ Howard, and 1.11 where I took Pittman. 

If we are talking about 2020 as a stand alone (essentially redraft) season, I prefer Waller to all of those guys.
In a vacuum so do I, and so did my trade partner presumably. But this team in particular needs some upside at WR. I have Adams, Juju and nobody else. I also have Jarwin, Herndon and Fant at TE and expect at least the possibility of regression from Waller. I am betting Pittman is going to be the starting X receiver on day 1, and maybe just maybe Harry breaks out this year. I'd be more surprised if Edelman retains the WR1 status in New England, with Brady gone. OJ Howard, meh, whatever he was a throw in here. IMO Pittman was the biggest piece here on my side of the trade. Harry is the upside swing who I can stash on my taxi (different than regular FFPC).

In a vacuum so do I, and so did my trade partner presumably. But this team in particular needs some upside at WR. I have Adams, Juju and nobody else. I also have Jarwin, Herndon and Fant at TE and expect at least the possibility of regression from Waller. I am betting Pittman is going to be the starting X receiver on day 1, and maybe just maybe Harry breaks out this year. I'd be more surprised if Edelman retains the WR1 status in New England, with Brady gone. OJ Howard, meh, whatever he was a throw in here. IMO Pittman was the biggest piece here on my side of the trade. Harry is the upside swing who I can stash on my taxi (different than regular FFPC).
I suppose it depends by what you mean by WR1 status in NE. I think JE11 will still see the most targets . . . but not the 10 targets a game he was getting from TB12. This will be a fascinating season to watch in NE. Unlike other years, they did not lose a lot of receivers or tight ends.

NE accounted for 620 passing attempts, 378 completions, 4153 yards, and 25 TD. Of that, Dorsett, Gordon, Watson, and Brown are gone but only accounted for 122 targets, 70 receptions, 913 yards, and 7 TD. However, Sanu will be there the entire season, Harry will be around the whole season, they added two rookie TE's. Meyers seems to be in line for a bigger role given his chemistry with Stidham. They also signed Marqise Lee and Damiere Byrd. Theoretically, Damien Harris should get on the field and see some targets this year out of the backfield.

We will see if the receiving corps is as bad as the experts are predicting. As of now, the WR depth chart is likely Edelman, Harry, Sanu, Meyers, Lee, then Byrd. The tight ends are listed as LaCosse, Izzo, Asiasi, and Keene. I would think Asiasi will jump to the top soon, but who knows how much a rookie will contribute right away. They still have White out of the backfield, and a case could be made either way that his numbers could go either way without Brady.

Bottom line, the production in NE could be completely redistributed without Brady . . . but there is no denying Edelman BY FAR is the guy with the most experience in the NE system.

"in the first quarter Harry’s slant route was not run the perfect way that it should have been and it turned into an interception."

Haha, "not run the perfect way" is one way of wording it, another would be in WEEK 10 Harry still had difficulty running a route properly and his lazy route led to an interception. Shockingly Brady wasn't in any big hurry to throw to him after that. Brady will throw to the open guy or the guy who will fight to catch it, Harry did neither last yr and his lack of separation was the primary knock against him coming out of college.  I was happy when NE drafted Harry and I still think he could be really good but if he cant get open he at least has to get to where he is supposed to be and fight for the fn ball (understand the ramifications if he doesn't, IE Int) which are 2 things he didn't do in wk10 last yr. I think he has talent just not sure he has the fire\desire to succeed at the highest level. Yr 2 will be big for him and for my dynasty teams where I drafted him 😬

Users who are viewing this thread