What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#1 waiver pick: Fitz or Sutton? (1 Viewer)

dello131

Footballguy
I have a dilemma.  I have the overall #1 waiver for tomorrow in my highly competitive money league.  I am considering picking up Fitzpatrick or Sutton.  I'm also literally having the worst fantasy season ever at 1-7 (I've won this league 3 out of the last 4 years).  If I don't win this week I have no shot at the playoffs.  My current QB  (Dalton) is on a bye and I picked up Alex Smith off waivers to fill in this week before Fitz came back on the scene.  Below is my roster.  Looking for some smart feedback as my fantasy instincts have been a bit off this season.  My thoughts are to take Fitz but Sutton is in a prime situation going forward.  Thanks for taking time to respond.  (note: our league is non-ppr and awards 6 points for all touchdowns regardless of position)

Andy Dalton

Alex Smith (current bye week filler QB)

David Johnson

Jordan Howard

Kenny Golladay

Brandin Cooks

David Njoku

Jalen Richard

Tre-Quan Smith

Geronimo Allison

Rams & Chiefs DEF

Greg Zuerlein

Sorry but seriously at 1-7 does it really matter with the guys you have on your team?  If you are still going to try though with your scoring system I would go with Fitzmagic. Sutton would certainly help your team out but you need an TD explosion every week and Sutton won't give you that. And by the way the Chiefs and Rams both have the same bye week so drop the Chiefs and pick up someone else.

If you need to win this week to stay alive then you have to maximize your upside for this week.  Fitz does that over Smith.  Then worry about the following week trying to maximize upside at that time.  You have to go week to week and right now that means Fitz is the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread