What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone think there is collusion going on here? (1 Viewer)

chapie1968

Footballguy
12 Team PPR Redraft

Trade deadline today noon.

I've been trying to swing deals for a WR for the last month only to get shot down over and over. 

The one team that send me joke counters (Like my Mahomes and M Gordon for his Fournette, Jameis Winston, C Davis)  just made 2 deals with other teams and now is LOADED

Last Night he got D Cook, M Thomas and J Doyle for K Johnson, S Watkins and J Cook.       I offered the same owner M Gordon and Ebron for M Thomas and Cook multiple times and got shot down

This morning he gets Antonio Brown and Andy Dalton for Mohammed Sanu and Ryan Fitpatric (WHO HE JUST PICKED UP ON WAIVERS and the team that traded for him had first waiver move and could have got him)

I have been offering this same owner Mahomes and  either Goodwin, Golladay or another WR for Dalton and Brown for a month and I got constantly shot down.

The beneficiary of these trades now has line up of
Rodgers, Dalton
Ingram, Cook, Fournette, Carson, Miller
Brown, Boyd, M Thomas, Evans, D Parker
Ertz, J Doyle

We can start up to 5 WRs with our 2 flexes.  I might as well quit, this guy's team is basically unbeatable. 

Not collusion.  Those trades aren't that bad and are based on personal preference.  Obviously you think your offers were better but this guy didn't.  Maybe he just doesn't like trading with you.  Maybe he thinks your team was too good and if he traded with you then you would be the overwhelming favorite.  Maybe he just doesn't like you so won't trade with you. 

There are many factors to get trades through.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there was collusion.  It sucks for sure

Not collusion.  Those trades aren't that bad and are based on personal preference.  Obviously you think your offers were better but this guy didn't.  Maybe he just doesn't like trading with you.  Maybe he thinks your team was too good and if he traded with you then you would be the overwhelming favorite.  Maybe he just doesn't like you so won't trade with you. 

There are many factors to get trades through.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean there was collusion.  It sucks for sure
I had 2 other owners e-mail me in the last 5 minutes and ask the same thing as I am asking.  

I can see the first trade being fair

But the second one is basically Antonio Brown and Andy Dalton for Mohammed Sanu. As I said the person getting Fitz was in 12th place and could have smply grabbed him last night from waivers, he was his

I had 2 other owners e-mail me in the last 5 minutes and ask the same thing as I am asking.  

I can see the first trade being fair

But the second one is basically Antonio Brown and Andy Dalton for Mohammed Sanu. As I said the person getting Fitz was in 12th place and could have smply grabbed him last night from waivers, he was his
But he didn't grab him for whatever reason.  Maybe he has at dinner with his wife and forgot to submit a claim.  Maybe he had a work issue come up.  Either way he didn't get Fitz and really wanted him.  It doesn't matter that he could have had him through waivers.  The fact is he did not put in a claim.  That doesn't take Fitz out of the trade for evaluation purposes.  Was it dumb by the guy...of course.  But it still matters in the trade. 

That second trade is pretty suspect. The first one not so much. I also get the impression from the way you worded that second trade there were more players involved. 

It could just as likely be idiotic owners as it could collusion. Tough to prove intent. Collusion and bad owners can both screw up league balance equally. Sucks for you, but not sure there is much that can be done. I personally dont look at that team you posted and think unbeatable,  but it is good. 

Users who are viewing this thread