What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DJ for Mahomes? (1 Viewer)

Pipeb0mb

Footballguy
Seems like a no-brainer, but DJ is my keeper. I'll get him for $18 next year. Mahomes would be $9 next year. Only get one keeper in this league. I'm not a huge fan of keeping QB's, but this might be an easy decision.
QB's right now are Winston and Dalton (bid in on Fitz)
RB's are DJ, Fournette, James White, Lindsey, Breida.

Hopefully get back Fournette next week.

I'd stick with DJ as a keeper. I totally get Mahomes appeal as a keeper, last year in a 2 keeper league I kept Watson as one of my keepers, while Watson has been serviceable I haven't needed him as luckily I drafted Mahomes but learned my lesson about keeping a QB. 

In a keep one league I treat them basically as re-drafts.  One guy doesn't really move much in terms of the big picture so that aspect wouldn't prevent me from trading DJ.  Plus it appears you could keep Fournette or possibly a WR depending on what you have there.  Those aren't terrible options so it's not like you would be left bare. 

Losing DJ put you in a bit of a hole at RB (could be bad if you need to start 3 or 4).   I probably hold off on this deal and hopefully you got Fitz off waivers.

Unfortunately, I got outbid on Fitz... I don't have much FA $ left. I ended up with Alex Smith. Not a great long-term solution, but a good start this week.

I forgot to mention this is a $100 auction league. Keeper prices are 1.5x what you paid the previous year. Fournette would be too expensive to keep.

Really appreciate the advice, guys. I was very high on Mahomes during the auction (and the owner knew it). I'm surprised it took him this long to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread