Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
az_prof

Mark Andrews Dynasty and Redraft Thread

This guy was my favorite TE prospect in 2018 draft but after Hurst went first in front of him to the same team, I sort of lost interest.  Then Hurst got hurt and Andrews has stepped up.  Through 9 games of rookie season he is 21 receptions on 32 targets, 244 yards and 2 TDs.  He seems like an especially good red zone target. 

Some people compare him to Gronk Lite but I see more of Todd Heap in him.

Baltimore is a team that likes to throw to the TE.    Since he doesn't have a dedicated page and since he seems to be doing pretty well for a rookie TE it seemed appropriate to start a thread.

• Like 1

I like what I've seen so far. He made a great sideline catch for a TE this weekend. In this TE landscape he isnt a bad option to start, but not a good one either. I don't know what to make of him yet. I like the talent, but not the situation.

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

I like what I've seen so far. He made a great sideline catch for a TE this weekend. In this TE landscape he isnt a bad option to start, but not a good one either. I don't know what to make of him yet. I like the talent, but not the situation.

I hear you. In redraft he is still a bad/low end TE2 due to competition for looks. 

For dynasty I like his situation because BA likes to throw to TEs and he has the edge at this point over Hurst.

Looks far more promising than Hurst. My only problem with him is I do think he is more of a big slot than a true in-line kind of guy. Usually that means less snaps but since this is his rookie season there is some promising usage and targeting going on for a young TE.

• Like 1

If he can prove himself as an all-around TE and not just a receiver, I'll like him more. He has a big edge on Hurst so far and they took multiple shots to him in the end zone against the Steelers. He'd have scored at least once with a better throw or two.

The only question is if Hurst passes him up once he gets fully up to speed, whether that's later this year or next year. They could be 1A and 1B, but it's tough say which of them will end up used more.

Mark Andrews - TE -  Ravens

Mark Andrews hauled in both of his targets for a team-high 83 yards and one score in Baltimore's impressive Week 16 upset win over the Chargers.

Andrews has proven to be the most explosive tight end on Baltimore's roster, and that held true Saturday when Lamar Jackson dropped a dime in between downfield coverage that allowed the third-round rookie to maintain his sprint after the catch and run in for a 68-yard score. Andrews is quietly the owner of the two longest plays for the Ravens this season, the other occurring back in Week 12 when he turned his only target into a 74-yard gain. Despite his standout athleticism, Andrews can't be trusted in fantasy since he's stuck in a three-headed timeshare at tight end.

Dec 23 - 12:47 AM

Mark Andrews hauled in 3-of-7 targets for 31 yards in the Ravens' Wild Card loss to the Chargers.

Andrews was drafted two rounds after Hayden Hurst, but he ended up making a much bigger impact as a rookie. One of the few pass catchers to post bigger numbers after Lamar Jackson took over, Andrews finished the regular season with 34 catches for 552 yards and three touchdowns before leading the team in targets in the Wild Card loss. More receiver than tight end -- he ran 56.2 percent of his routes from the slot in the regular season according to PFF -- Andrews could make some fantasy noise next season if Jackson improves as a passer.

Jan 6 - 5:57 PM