What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

You’re probably right. I likely missed my window during the preseason when the current owner in I were engaged in a four-way trade. I took a long look at Andrews but didn’t ask for him but now it’s going to cost me a lot to pry him away from the current owner. I have an offer in mind but now is not the right time.

Tex

Could still be worth it, sometimes buying "high" is the only way to get in before elite status is cemented. Just depends how sure you are in him. 

Could still be worth it, sometimes buying "high" is the only way to get in before elite status is cemented. Just depends how sure you are in him. 
That’s true too! I’m loaded at running back and I’m thinking of offering one of the rooks. I do think in this particular offense he’s worth a high cost.

Tex

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

4. For the second straight week, Mark Andrews has scored a touchdown and exceeded 100 receiving yards. Through two weeks he leads all tight ends in fantasy points scored (50.0). Through nine career starts, Andrews has been Jackson’s favorite and most productive receiver, with team highs in target share (15.3%) and yardage share (30.7%).

Through two weeks, Andrews averages a ridiculous 4.68 yards per route run. For perspective, the PFF-era (2007-2018) record for a tight end was set by George Kittle in 2018 at 2.83.

In 2018, Andrews averaged 2.01 yards per route run, which ranks 35th-best of the PFF-era, and best by any rookie tight end in PFF history.

In his junior year at Oklahoma, Andrews averaged 2.63 yards per route run — the second-best rate of the PFF College-era (2014-2018), bested only by Dallas Goedert in 2017 (3.00).

No exaggeration, we could be looking at a Kittle-esque breakout from Andrews this year, with decent odds he breaks Kittle’s YPRR record. However, that doesn’t mean he’s necessarily a lock for top-three production. He ranks first in air yards (189) and third in targets (18) but has run a route on just 64% of Baltimore’s dropbacks this year, while Kittle was much closer to an every-down role in 2018 (82%).
Congratulations to everyone who snagged Andrews in your leagues as he is an absolute beast.

Right.  This guy could legit be valued along the same lines as George Kittle soon, and he's still less expensive than that.

Key takeaways and stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

MARK ANDREWS DESERVES AN INCREASED ROLE IN BALTIMORE

Through two weeks of play, Mark Andrews is the highest-graded offensive player in football with 50 or more snaps played, and he still hasn’t played more than 55% of the Ravens’ offensive snaps in a single game. That’s just unacceptable. Not only does he lead all qualifying offensive players in overall grade (93.4), but he also ranks second among all offensive players with 40 or more routes run through Week 2 in yards per route run (4.83), trailing only his teammate Marquise Brown(5.18).

Through two weeks of play, Mark Andrews is the highest-graded offensive player in football with 50 or more snaps played, and he still hasn’t played more than 55% of the Ravens’ offensive snaps in a single game. That’s just unacceptable.
Lol. A big part of the reason he’s so effective is that the Ravens have 3 outstanding, very different TEs and they’re picking their spots with each of them. That he has 2 100-yard games while playing half the snaps is a testament to quality over quantity- it’s not like he’d have 2 200-yard games if he were playing 100% of the snaps. 

Andrews is diabetic, but not sure if that plays a part in limiting his snaps. He didn't play heavy snaps at OU, but also not sure if the diabetes impacted that, as Riley seems to like varying the fullback/tight end personnel groupings.

Andrews is diabetic, but not sure if that plays a part in limiting his snaps. He didn't play heavy snaps at OU, but also not sure if the diabetes impacted that, as Riley seems to like varying the fullback/tight end personnel groupings.
At TE, they also have Hurst, who they picked in the first round - two rounds ahead of where they took Andrews in the same draft- and Boyle, a blocking monster they just resigned to a 3-year, $18M deal. They’re playing him exactly as much as they want and it’s working beautifully 

I’m on the Andrews train.  If you think Lamar Jackson is for real...then Andrews is locked as a high level TE performer.

But thru 2 games, Jackson’s YPA is 10.5...Andrews target share is 27%.  

Its possible Andrews has already realized 20-25% of his 2019 production.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m on the Andrews train.  If you think Lamar Jackson is for real...then Andrews is locked as a high level TE performer.

But thru 2 games, Jackson’s YPA is 10.5...Andrews target share is 27%.  

Its possible Andrews has already realized 20-25% of his 2019 production.
If he has already reached 20% (after 12.5% of the season) of his production for 2019, he is staring at an 80 catch, 1100 yard, 10 TD season.  Still plenty of meat left on that bone.

If he has already reached 20% (after 12.5% of the season) of his production for 2019, he is staring at an 80 catch, 1100 yard, 10 TD season.  Still plenty of meat left on that bone.
Right.

Who else is going to catch the ball in Baltimore?

They have Brown...and Andrews...and Brown...and Andrews...and Brown...and Andrews.

I've been higher on Hayden Hurst than probably anyone on these boards, but he's been a clear second fiddle at TE in their careers so far and nobody else on the roster is really a big threat to vulture a lot of targets unless you see Snead or Boykin taking off.

So...regression? Yes, I don't think he will finish the season with 1,600 receiving yards and 16 TDs. But almost by default, a big year seems in order for Andrews. The only thing I really worry about is injury, which can derail anyone's progress. Call it PTSD from having widespread Eifert and Hunter Henry shares...

Mark Andrews (foot) is not practicing Wednesday.

This would be a concern if Andrews hadn't followed this same routine last week before dicing up the Cardinals for an 8-112-1 line while dealing with the foot issue. He should be expected to play Week 3 against the Chiefs.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Sep 18, 2019, 1:52 PM ET

BTW I keep mentioning Andrews' snap percentage must stay above 30-35% the last week for him to stay relevant and avoid regression. In Week 2 Andrews played 53% of the snaps... more of this plz.

Mark Andrews (foot) returned to Ravens practice on Thursday.

SOURCE: Aaron Kasinitz on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

Officially activating him in my dynasty WR/TE spot over J. Gordon. I already have Kittle in my TE spot. I never thought I would be starting a TE in my WR/TE spot, but here we are! This dude looks awesome and Lamar looks his way ALOT! More snaps please!

Mark Andrews (foot) is questionable for the Ravens' Week 3 matchup against the Chiefs, but is expected to play.

Andrews was also listed as questionable in Week 2, but played a career-high 55% snaps. He's locked in as a high-end TE1 as a lead option in the Ravens' suddenly-explosive pass offense. Andrews has caught 16-of-17 targets for 220 yards and a pair of touchdowns this season while continuing to demonstrate elite ability after the catch.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter.

Sep 20, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Ravens’ TE Mark Andrews is “50-50” whether he can play Sunday vs. Chiefs due to a foot injury, per source. Ravens not likely to know about Andrew’s status until pre-game warmups.

Ugh I wonder if the likely soaked field is a factor here. Didn’t seem to be too much concern during the week but if the foot doesn’t feel stable on the sloppy pitch they might hold him out.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Ravens TE Mark Andrews, who has emerged as a top target for QB Lamar Jackson, is expected to play today despite battling a foot injury, source said. He was listed as questionable.

Rotoworld take:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Andrews (questionable, foot) is expected to play Week 3 against the Chiefs.

It's a much rosier report than the one submitted by ESPN's Adam Schefter, who previously put Andrews' odds of playing at just "50-50." The holdup may be weather-related as Sunday's forecast calls for heavy rain and 10-15 mph winds in KC. The wet conditions coupled with Andrews' injury are both concerns, though the second-year tight end should still be a worthy fantasy starter in a game with the week's highest total (52.5).

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 8:21 AM ET

Hard NOT to start him given what he did week 1 on only like 35% of the snaps. Even on a snap count in the rain and wind, can you bench this guy?
I know that I am not the norm, but I have Andrews in a dynasty league along with Kelce, Njoku and Eiffert. So far, Andrews has remained on my bench with Kelce starting.

I am wondering how long it will take me to bench Kelce for him if this keeps up.

This week I am rolling out Kelce again, but so far Andrews has bested him both weeks in my scoring system.

I also have Jackson at QB, so I love the pairing. 

Would anyone start him over Kelce if he was not questionable?

What would it take / how long would it take / for you to do so?

I know that I am not the norm, but I have Andrews in a dynasty league along with Kelce, Njoku and Eiffert. So far, Andrews has remained on my bench with Kelce starting.

I am wondering how long it will take me to bench Kelce for him if this keeps up.

This week I am rolling out Kelce again, but so far Andrews has bested him both weeks in my scoring system.

I also have Jackson at QB, so I love the pairing. 

Would anyone start him over Kelce if he was not questionable?

What would it take / how long would it take / for you to do so?
great question! Not sure what it would take

In my 16 team dynasty can start 2 TE so have been starting Andrews and Kelce

great question! Not sure what it would take

In my 16 team dynasty can start 2 TE so have been starting Andrews and Kelce
Nice tandem.

I have been wanting to add a flex spot in my 12 year old dynasty, but it has not happened. I understand the difficulty, as owners have been managing their teams for so long according to our current rules.

I am not new to this issue, as I drafted Gronk, Graham and Hernandez in 2010 with Gates still producing on my team. I got frustrated with the juggling and traded both Hernandez (win) and Gronk (loss) b4 the 2012 season. I do not want to trade Andrews, so ... if he keeps it up, I will have to juggle again. I dunno - maybe trade Kelce?

Wow. That is a tough decision.

Nice tandem.

I have been wanting to add a flex spot in my 12 year old dynasty, but it has not happened. I understand the difficulty, as owners have been managing their teams for so long according to our current rules.

I am not new to this issue, as I drafted Gronk, Graham and Hernandez in 2010 with Gates still producing on my team. I got frustrated with the juggling and traded both Hernandez (win) and Gronk (loss) b4 the 2012 season. I do not want to trade Andrews, so ... if he keeps it up, I will have to juggle again. I dunno - maybe trade Kelce?

Wow. That is a tough decision.
When we make big changes to dynasty leagues like this, my leagues tend to vote on the change to take place in X number of years, to give people time to prepare and change values. Even if that time period is 2-3 entire seasons away it's still an improvement on not having a flex! Maybe you could take the temperature on a vote like that. 

When we make big changes to dynasty leagues like this, my leagues tend to vote on the change to take place in X number of years, to give people time to prepare and change values. Even if that time period is 2-3 entire seasons away it's still an improvement on not having a flex! Maybe you could take the temperature on a vote like that. 
Yeah. I have discussed with the commish a few times, but have never gone out and tested the waters.

I will do that. Thnx.

All new changes in our Dynasty can be brought up for a vote at auction, but they do not take effect until the following year.

Ravens’ TE Mark Andrews, whom Baltimore wanted to see in pregame warmups today before deciding whether he could play against the Chiefs due to a foot injury, is active, per source.

@AdamSchefter

Mark Andrews caught 3-of-7 targets for 15 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 loss to the Chiefs.

Playing through a foot injury, Andrews was the third tight end into the game after Hayden Hurst and Nick Boyle, but he ended up placing second on the Ravens in targets. If you ask Andrews, he could have had a first half score, but Lamar Jackson ended up running for a first down instead. Andrews ended up playing roughly 40 snaps, on par with his Weeks 1 and 2 usage. His foot does not appear that it will be a concern for Week 4 against the Browns.
Foot seemed to be a bigger issue than I thought during the game IMHO.

Mark Andrews (foot) is not practicing Wednesday.

He's followed this same routine the last two games. It'll be the same this week. Andrews will be out there as a TE1 against the Browns.

Sep 25, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

Mark Andrews (foot) remained sidelined Thursday.

For now, this is Andrews' routine. The sophomore has barely been practicing before balling out on Sundays. There is zero indication this week will be anything different.

Sep 26, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

Ravens TE Mark Andrews (foot) said, "I'm feeling good and I'm excited to play the Browns."

Andrews played over 50% of the offense's snaps in each of the past two weeks after never surpassing that threshold as a rookie, so limited reps don't appear to be in the equation. Continue to fire up Andrews as a high-end TE1 thanks to his average of eight targets per game and status as one of the league's few talents at the position capable of producing consistent big plays.
The underlined is what I love. I was hoping he'd be a consistent 40% guy this year and he's blown that away with those 50%+ outings.

Users who are viewing this thread