What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

Jonas Shaffer @jonas_shaffer

Ravens tight end Mark Andrews sounded pretty optimistic about his status for Sunday's game: "These trainers have an idea for me to come out Sunday and be 100%, and I'm well on my way there. I'm healthy right now."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh "expressed confidence" that Mark Andrews (questionable, foot) will play Week 4 against the Browns.

He sat out Wednesday and Thursday's practices before returning as a limited participant on Friday. Andrews has been battling foot issues all season, though he's yet to miss a game, a trend that figures to continue in Week 4. Currently fourth among tight ends in catches (19) and fifth in yards (235), Andrews remains a locked-in starter in all formats.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 29, 2019, 9:07 AM ET

So he's good to go I guess? He hurt lineups last week, but could have been a down week as opposed to the foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Andrews caught 4-of-8 targets for 31 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 4 loss to the Browns.

Andrews led the team in targets and visited pay dirt for the third time this season. He's been quiet in the yards department the last two weeks, but Andrews is the go-to guy in the red zone for Lamar Jackson. Andrews is an every-week TE1 headed into Week 5 at Pittsburgh.
Just a note, Andrews played on just 42% of the snaps (Boyle led with 59%). You know the rule/routine with Andrews; two days of rest midweek, suits up and as long as he's above 35% snaps he's usually Top 2 in targets on the team + the preferred RZ option inside the 10.

Mark Andrews (foot) wasn't listed on the Ravens' final injury report.

Andrews has played through his questionable injury designation in recent weeks, so this is a good sign that he's feeling healthier than ever ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Steelers. The Ravens have made it clear their passing game runs through Hollywood Brown (34 targets) and Andrews (32). Both players are among the league's top-30 most-targeted players through four weeks. Nobody else on the Ravens has more than 12 pass-game opportunities this season. Continue to fire up Andrews as a high-end TE1.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 3:03 PM ET

Mark Andrews (shoulder) missed practice Wednesday.

It's only worth keeping tabs on because this shoulder injury is indifferent from the foot ailment that limited him the past three games. He'll play and be listed as a TE1 in RotoPat's Week 6 Rankings.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 4:13 PM ET

Mark Andrews (shoulder) returned to Ravens practice Thursday.

Andrews has barely practiced this season, but we suppose his shoulder is a better injury designation than his foot. Despite his recent inconsistency, Andrews remains a top-six option at a barren position.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 1:44 PM ET

For peeps who Have been closely following ravens games can you tell me if Andrews is mostly lining up as an in-line tight end or if they are splitting him out wide and using the other tight ends as blockers mostly?

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Mark Andrews (shoulder) is expected to play Week 6 against the Bengals.

Already a locked-in starter at a laughably thin fantasy position, Andrews should be even more appealing this week with Marquise Brown (ankle) a long shot to play. The Ravens are heavy home favorites in this one and should have no trouble putting points on the board against the winless Bengals. Slated for big volume in a golden matchup, Andrews checks plenty of boxes this week.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 9:03 AM ET

Why would you do that? Andrews is playing and a target hog, unless you have more news than everyone else
Looked great the first couple of weeks and has been fairly disappointing the past few weeks, while dealing with injuries. No explosive plays. Olsen shredded the Bucs already this season. Just went on a hunch really while ignoring the rankings 🙂

Looked great the first couple of weeks and has been fairly disappointing the past few weeks, while dealing with injuries. No explosive plays. Olsen shredded the Bucs already this season. Just went on a hunch really while ignoring the rankings 🙂

Cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some new info. Hope it works out 👍

Mark Andrews caught 6-of-8 passes for 99 yards in the Ravens' Week 6 win over the Bengals.

Advice: Andrews comfortably led the Ravens in all receiving categories this week with Marquise Brown inactive. The young tight end has clear chemistry with Lamar Jackson and is quietly averaging 10 yards per target across 22 career games. The only blemish Andrews had in Week 6 was when he attempted to hurdle a defensive back, which led to a really dumb fumble. Andrews will be a top-five TE in Seattle next week, especially if Marquise Brown can't get ready in time.
It was such a dumb hurdle attempt over a smaller guy he should run over. :confused:

That being said, at least 7 targets every game, aDot of 12.1 yards + red zone looks. With TE such a crapshoot position this guy is a bedrock of consistency.

Mark Andrews caught just 2-of-8 targets for 39 yards in the Ravens' Week 7 win over the Seahawks.

Andrews made a sweet 33-yard grab down the seam where he adjusted to a throw from Lamar Jackson in the first half, but it was all downhill from there. He proved to be the worst player on the field in this one, dropping three passes that all hit him right in the hands with space to work after the catch. Chalk it up as a bad day in the rain. Andrews gets the week off for the bye before the Ravens host the Patriots in Week 9.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:55 PM ET

Mark Andrews caught 2-of-3 targets for 21 yards in Week 9 against the Patriots.

It's another nondescript game from Andrews, who was held to 39 yards last week. He's now been held under 50 yards in five of the past six games. Andrews is still on pace for a 76/950/6 line. He'll be a TE1 for a Week 10 matchup with the Bengals.

Nov 4, 2019, 12:00 AM ET

Don’t own Andrews anywhere so can’t comment on usage, but Watching that game last night in a tight matchup going against Andrews it was about as stressful as it comes. Baltimore has about 4 tight ends all with numbers in the 80’s and I never could decipher which was which!

I drafted him everywhere and he has been a big boon for my teams but he is definitely trending down. Not sure what to make of it. Didn't seem like he got a lot of snaps last night. Few weeks of subpar games from him now. In a couple FPC leagues (TE premium) I have been running him and Waller together but am wondering if I should stick with just one of them at TE and start a RB/WR at one of my flexes instead. I have to otherwise assume better days are ahead. 

Ravens used a lot of three TE formations. They seem to favor it for run.  Andrews made one great catch last night that I noted. But he wasn't targeted that much, partly because the game script called for a heavy run focus. I don't own him, but I wouldn't worry too much as the NE game was an anomoly in many ways.

These concerns though make me wonder if it might not be a good time to buy him low from concerned owners...

My guess is that Bill B identified Jackson and Andrews as the 2 biggest threats on that offense and tried to gameplan for them.  He was successful on one of the two.  

Mark Andrews caught 6-of-8 targets for 53 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 10 win over the Bengals.

Lamar Jackson was insanely good this week, completing 15-of-17 passes for 233 yards and three touchdowns. When Jackson is this hot, Andrews hits his ceiling. This week, Andrews was able to find enough space for a two-yard score on the first drive before adding a 17-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Andrews has been and should continue to be the highest-targeted player in Baltimore, making him an upside TE1 every week. The Ravens will host the Texans next Sunday in what should be a high-scoring affair.

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-4 targets for 75 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 11 win over the Texans.

Andrews stayed ballin' on a limited target count, corralling one of Lamar Jackson's four TDs while contributing the longest catch of the day with his rollicking 51-yarder on a fourth quarter 3rd-and-16. Andrews is now up to six scores on the year. The elite TE1 has an extra day to rest up for a Week 12 Monday night date with the Rams.

Mark Andrew caught 2-of-3 targets for 45 yards in the Ravens' Week 12 win over the Rams.

Lamar Jackson threw the ball just 20 times, but five of those went for touchdowns. Andrews unfortunately wasn't part of the fun, as Marquise Brown was targeted seven times and caught two scores, Willie Snead caught two others, and Mark Ingram the fifth. Andrews' target volume is all over the place on a weekly basis, but he remains one of the highest upside TE1 plays each week. The Niners visit Baltimore in Week 13.

Mark Andrews was forced from Sunday's game against the Bills with a right knee injury and is questionable to return.

Andrews spent more than a quarter getting evaluated before the Ravens finally announced his status. That would suggest the Ravens are holding out hope that he will return, but Andrews was moving very gingerly as he headed to the locker room. Nick Boyle has already scored a touchdown in his absence. Andrews had both a deep and end zone target before departing but had just one grab for 14 yards.

Dec 8, 2019, 2:18 PM ET

Mark Andrews has been diagnosed with a "contusion between his knee and thigh," with ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting it is "nothing major."

It's a bullet dodged for Andrews and the Ravens, though it is still a major problem for Week 15, as the Ravens are hosting the Jets for Thursday Night Football. Four days might not be enough time for Andrews, who has been slowed by various injuries all year, to get cleared. If he can't, Hayden Hurst and Nick Boyle will form a pass-catching timeshare. Hurst has been the hotter player of late.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 8, 2019, 7:00 PM ET

Ravens TE Mark Andrews (knee) didn't practice Monday.

Andrews should be considered questionable for Thursday night's matchup against the Jets. The good news is his injury is reportedly minor, but it wouldn't make much sense for the Ravens to rush their featured pass-game weapon back for a game that they're presently favored to win by 15.5 points. Hayden Hurst and Nick Boyle could each be treated as upside TE2s with serious scoring potential if Andrews is ultimately sidelined.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 5:10 PM ET

Mark Andrews (knee) returned to Ravens practice on Tuesday.

It was just a walk-through, but it's a great sign after Andrews departed Sunday's game early and was absent from Monday's session. Considering the amount of health issues he's had this year, it's still possible the Ravens opt to play it safe and hold Andrews out on the short week against the pathetic Jets. If he does suit up, he will be a mid-range TE1 with a snap count a possibility.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

He only has 4 days of rest and they’re playing the Jets. I might roll Higbee or Njoku out instead, idk.
I am not sure why choosing between Higbee and Njoku is even a choice. Maybe if Everett is back...maybe.

If Andrews can start I still think he's a risky play, and the team has two other TEs who can catch the ball if Andrews is less than 100%.

Really considering starting him for tonight.  But a decimated Jets D and his injury doesn't seem to add up to FF success for Andrews tonight.  But then again, math isn't my strong suit.

Just not sure I can bench this guy if he's definitely playing. He could get two targets and score on both, the way they use him. 

Even if he plays, I expect a limited snap count. I can see a 3/35/1 as his upside.
I'm ok with that.  I'd take 1/5/1 or even 2/15/1.  I think if he's on the field, Jackson will look his way.  There's a reason Andrews is leading the team in receptions this season.

I'm in a similar position to the rest of you; have Andrews & Jared Cook as my TE's and then added Ian Thomas on Waivers b/c I didn't know the health of either. 

Now I have no clue who to start this week...I hate TNF!!

This is such a tough call. Hooper is my backup and Ridley is out so I think he'll get lots of targets. 

I can see Andrews playing a snap count, going out early if Ravens get up early and big, or even riding the bench to preserve for playoffs if he tweaks the leg. Man, I wish this game was Sunday.

Going to watch him in practice but as long as he can run Lamar is going to look for him. He only needs one red zone shot plus last week he was inches away from two deep shots. I would've liked to pivot to Ian Thomas but Olsen looks like he's playing.

Users who are viewing this thread