Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
in2win

Mark Andrews Dynasty and Redraft Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Really going back and forth on this one.  It's the playoffs, so I should play it safe and play Hollister, but.....

 

 

Same thought here. I'll probably plug Hollister in last minute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to watch him in practice but as long as he can run Lamar is going to look for him. He only needs one red zone shot plus last week he was inches away from two deep shots. I would've liked to pivot to Ian Thomas but Olsen looks like he's playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm staring him over OJ Howard but I'm guessing most of you have better backup options than Howard.

 

Same choice I'm faced with, also leaning toward trusting Andrews tonight if he plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Him or Higbee here. No idea what to do. This has regret written all over it, one way or another. 

 

Hate to say it, but almost hope he’s a surprise inactive. Hate living with bad calls this time of year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn on this as well. I have Andrews, Hayden Hurst or Irv Smith. If he's not 100% I wish he would just be inactive to make the decision easier!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld from earlier today:

Quote

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Mark Andrews (knee) is "expected to give it a go" for Thursday night's matchup against the Jets.

Andrews has been nothing short of remarkable in his second season; only George Kittle in 2018 (2.82) and 2019 (2.91) has averaged more yards per route run among all TEs with at least 50 targets in a single season over the past 10 years than Andrews (2.81) in 2019. Continue to fire up Andrews as a high-end TE1, while Nick Boyle and Hayden Hurst would be upside TE2s if Jackson's favorite receiver is ultimately sidelined.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 10:24 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got Higbee in over him, sticking with that decision.

I’ll def regret it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

I’ve got Higbee in over him, sticking with that decision.

I’ll def regret it!

I think this is what I'm doing too. 

Cant afford Andrews resting the entire 2nd half after the jets lay down tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even on reduced snaps... he only averages between 35%-55% anyway. As long as he plays more than 35% during the portion of the game that is competitive, he'll be fine. Just need for him to avoid injury and get his reps early. Here's him in warmups: https://twitter.com/WBALPete/status/1205273712607580160

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he's in. But so tempted to play Hurst anyway. Over Cook. Concussions scare me, and I think Hurst can have a big game once they decide to bench Andrews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smcindoe said:

Him or Higbee here. No idea what to do. This has regret written all over it, one way or another. 

 

Hate to say it, but almost hope he’s a surprise inactive. Hate living with bad calls this time of year. 

He's active. Gotta start him over Hollister...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

So he's in. But so tempted to play Hurst anyway. Over Cook. Concussions scare me, and I think Hurst can have a big game once they decide to bench Andrews.

If you're predicting a blowout and people are sitting by late 3rd, that bodes well for Andrews, no? I don't think Baltimore is running all over the Jets, Jackson is going to take some shots to Andrews. Again, we can't forecast injuries completely but I'm watching him on NFL Network and he looks fine. No limp, running routes well.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

If you're predicting a blowout and people are sitting by late 3rd, that bodes well for Andrews, no? I don't think Baltimore is running all over the Jets, Jackson is going to take some shots to Andrews. Again, we can't forecast injuries completely but I'm watching him on NFL Network and he looks fine. No limp, running routes well.

Agreed. I'd start Andrews where I have him (only in a best ball).  That's not even a question imo. 

But Hurst can also have a nice game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, Higbee plays every snap and has been awesome, plus Dallas has been terrible. ####!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lardonastick said:

I'm going with Higbee over Andrews. Short week, and capable back ups push Andrews' floor to near zero.

 

6 hours ago, yellowdog said:

Ditto

I'm putting him in. :football:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fading him for Higbee with Everette not practicing all week. Edit to callout I also have Engram as an option.

 

Edited by kylechoffman
Why not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got him in 

 

going with who got me here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kylechoffman said:

Fading him for Higbee with Everette not practicing all week.

 

Same, final answer.

Now I don’t have to watch this pathetic game.

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my bench. Playing a crappy team coming off injury with 2 capable TEs on the team gives me zero confidence of upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t do it. Went Higbee. If he blows up, bright side it’s a good sign for next week. 

Good luck to everyone starting him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-7 targets for 52 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 15 win over the Jets.

A quintessential 2019 Andrews line. It was almost the most tilting of nights for Andrews' fantasy owners, as he had a one-yard score called back by an extremely late illegal formation penalty. The Ravens were already on the sideline. Thankfully, Andrews managed to score another one-yarder four plays later. Lamar Jackson did miss Andrews on what could have been a monster second half strike. On and off the injury report all year, Andrews gets 10 days to heal up for what will probably be his final appearance of the regular season Week 16 in Cleveland.

The miss would've been a 72 yard walk in TD. Andrews was THAT open... all things considered I'll take what he had tonight.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Andrews caught 6-of-9 targets for 93 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 16 win over the Browns.

Andrews was seen hobbling off the field late in the fourth quarter. He was the recipient of two beautiful dimes from Lamar Jackson, but the ridiculously talented second-year TE also demonstrated his always-excellent ability after the catch by hurdling a Browns defender on one occasion. Andrews offers more consistent and upside than most fantasy TEs due to both his dominant air yard market share as well as his status as the offense’s undisputed No. 1 pass-game option. The only other TEs in the league that can probably attest to also having this fantasy-friendly combination are Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, George Kittle and Darren Waller.

All the attention is on Kittle and Ertz and people hardly mention guys like Hooper and Andrews.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

Andrews is a fantasy hero

61.5 pts from Jackson + Andrews - now only need .6 from Boone to win it

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season from this guy. 2nd straight year I hit a home run with a late tight end (kittle last year)

Will be interesting to see how high he goes in drafts next year. The Baltimore offense will probably be slightly overdrafted.

I want to say that Andrews runs the risk of losing some opportunities as the other young (and highly drafted) TEs on the Ravens develop, but the truth is that he really didn't get that much volume this year. Dude was super efficient.

Edited by TLEF316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 10 TDs, Andrews is the 5th tight end in NFL history with double-digit receiving TDs in at least one of his first two seasons. The others: Mike Ditka, Antonio Gates, Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Mark Andrews (ankle) was not spotted at Thursday's practice.

Even if Andrews didn't have an ankle injury to contend with, he'd still be unlikely to play with Baltimore committed to resting its starters in Sunday's meaningless finale against Pittsburgh. The Ravens wrapped up home field advantage in the AFC with last week's win over Cleveland. A first-time Pro Bowler, the second-year Oklahoma alum will finish 2019 with an impressive 64-852-10 receiving line on 98 targets. Nick Boyle and Hayden Hurst should see more reps in Andrews' absence this week.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Dec 26, 2019, 1:51 PM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, TLEF316 said:

Great season from this guy. 2nd straight year I hit a home run with a late tight end (kittle last year)

Will be interesting to see how high he goes in drafts next year. The Baltimore offense will probably be slightly overdrafted.

I want to say that Andrews runs the risk of losing some opportunities as the other young (and highly drafted) TEs on the Ravens develop, but the truth is that he really didn't get that much volume this year. Dude was super efficient.

He has been great but you ask a good question: have we seen his ceiling or can he do even more?

Pros: Jackson is only in his second year and could improve as a passer.

Cons: Lots of other young receivers, both at TE and WR, who could get more targets in future. I'm thinking especially Hollywood and Boykin, plus, regression to the mean?

My guess is that he will do about what he did this year but highly sceptical he will do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, az_prof said:

He has been great but you ask a good question: have we seen his ceiling or can he do even more?

Pros: Jackson is only in his second year and could improve as a passer.

Cons: Lots of other young receivers, both at TE and WR, who could get more targets in future. I'm thinking especially Hollywood and Boykin, plus, regression to the mean?

My guess is that he will do about what he did this year but highly sceptical he will do better.

I see one scenario where he might still do more and I think it's pretty likely. After the Ravens win the SB this year, teams will adjust and watch film over the offseason and all that. Teams will scheme against them in ways that will make them more competitive against them. But make no mistake, outside of injuries or derelict GM decisions, this offense is going to be elite for a long time. So when teams adjust, to me that just means the Ravens will be trying to score for longer periods of time instead of sitting in the 4th quarter. Shootout potential rises.

But IDK that Jackson can keep it up. I'd hope they would take a top back and a top WR this year and lean on them just a little more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mark Andrews (ankle) returned to practice Friday.

Andrews' ankle has improved enough to practice, though it's doubtful we see him in Sunday's meaningless finale versus Pittsburgh. In all likelihood, he'll finish the regular season with 64 grabs for 852 yards and 10 touchdowns with the latter mark leading all NFL tight ends. Andrews should be at full strength well ahead of Baltimore's playoff opener in two weeks.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 11:48 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Mark Andrews (ankle) doesn't expect to play in the upcoming Pro Bowl.

Andrews admitted his late-season ankle injury was something he had to "battle through." The injury proved to be a hindrance in Saturday's loss to Tennessee as the second-year tight end slumped to just 39 yards on four catches. Rather than appear in the Pro Bowl, Andrews' first such honor since arriving as a third-round pick in 2018, the hobbled tight end will cede his AFC roster spot to someone else. Andrews led all tight ends with 10 touchdowns during the regular season.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Jan 12, 2020, 11:48 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I have him on my team and the fact that he's paired with a young elite QB is icing on the cake.

Tex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will see other receivers--Hollywood, Dobbins, Boykin, and maybe Duvernay, cutting into Andrews' targets as teams scheme to stop Andrews.  The TD regression is almost certain. He is a solid fantasy TE and I would love to have him in dynasty, but I would guess he is more likely to stay in the TE 4-6 range rather than jump to the TE1 or TE2 range.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, az_prof said:

I think we will see other receivers--Hollywood, Dobbins, Boykin, and maybe Duvernay, cutting into Andrews' targets as teams scheme to stop Andrews.  The TD regression is almost certain. He is a solid fantasy TE and I would love to have him in dynasty, but I would guess he is more likely to stay in the TE 4-6 range rather than jump to the TE1 or TE2 range.  

Jackson loves throwing to his TEs, he was actually #1 in the league in passes thrown to TEs with 43.6%. Andrews caught 65% and Hurst caught 75% of their passes. I don't see that number going down, if anything with the trading away of Hurst I can actually see the 98 passes reach 100+ with Andrews benefiting greatly by that.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is always going to have double digit TD upside in this offense. I can't really see his floor less than 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

He is always going to have double digit TD upside in this offense. I can't really see his floor less than 7.

If you think that is a floor, you must be basing that on unstated assumptions. For example, that Andrews and Jackson both stay healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

If you think that is a floor, you must be basing that on unstated assumptions. For example, that Andrews and Jackson both stay healthy.

That is implied and doesn't need mentioned. 100% of the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.