What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

Lamar Jackson can regress and still have epic 2020 season behind elite Ravens squad

Excerpt:

With Hayden Hurst out of the picture, what do you think Mark Andrews’ ceiling is in 2020, and are you drafting him as such?

Dalton: He scored 10 touchdowns over 15 games while seeing limited snaps last season, when he finished No. 2 in yards per route run among tight ends, so his ceiling is the No. 1 fantasy tight end. Andrews has seen a nice increase in target share whenever Hurst has been out, and he’s now in Atlanta with all signs pointing to Baltimore throwing more in 2020, so Andrews shouldn’t be ranked behind any tight ends other than Kittle or Kelce.

Andy: I’m fully in agreement with Dalton on this one. The statistical ceiling for Andrews is something like 85-1100-12, which would obviously land him atop the scoring leaders at his position. He was phenomenal last year, while playing through injury for much of the season. He needs to be one of the first three tight ends off the board.

Liz: In 2019, Andrews drew 98 targets, of which nearly 20 percent were in the red zone. Hurst, on the other hand, managed 40 looks and 4 total deep targets. It’s possible that Andrews’ volume decreases slightly if Lamar spreads the ball around more between Brown and Boykin, but Andrews’ ability in contested situations, emergence as a deep threat, and prowess after the catch make him a top-four fantasy prospect at the position… with or without Hurst on the roster. 

Ravens TE Mark Andrews, who has Type 1 diabetes, indicated that he plans to play in 2020.

“We’ve got a big year coming up," Andrews said in a Zoom call with the Children with Diabetes foundation. "My goal is continue to use my platform. I want to continue to help kids and families that are dealing with [Type 1 Diabetes]." Diabetes will reportedly be covered under the NFLPA's opt-out clause for at-risk players, but the 24-year-old could serve as a case study if he remains insistent on taking the field. (For what it's worth, Andrews knowingly pricks his finger about 30 times per game to diligently monitor his glucose levels.) He's believed to be the only active NFL player with the disease.

SOURCE: Jonas Shaffer on Twitter

Jul 16, 2020, 10:47 AM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec notes that Ravens defensive backs and linebackers have struggled to "stay with" Mark Andrews in camp.

It means Andrews is healthier than he was in 2019 when he only ran a route on 61% of the Ravens drop backs due to various injuries. With better health and with Hayden Hurst now in Atlanta, Andrews should run more routes and see more targets in 2020. As a second-year pro last season, Andrews finished as the TE5 overall, and the entire Rotoworld staff believes in him taking another leap. He's the consensus TE3 overall and a recommended player to target in the fourth round of fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 18, 2020, 6:03 PM ET

Mark Andrews caught 5-of-6 targets for 58 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 1 victory over Cleveland.

Andrews capped off the first Baltimore drive with a highlight-reel grab, bringing in a high pass in the back of the end zone with one hand. He scored once more on the day and accounted for 23% of the targets in Baltimore. Much like the rest of the Baltimore offense, Andrews hasn't missed a beat after breaking out in 2019. The Ravens face the Texans next week in a game that should feature loads of points. Andrews' odds of scoring in Week 2 are incredible and he is one of the elite tight end options in fantasy as expected.

- Rotoworld
Unfortunately due to his price I'm not on the Andrews Fantasy Owner Bandwagon this year, but he's primed for a another fantastic season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens TE Mark Andrews played 71 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 1 against the Browns, a higher rate than any game he played in 2019.

Andrews "absorbed most of Hayden Hurst’s snaps from last season," per the Baltimore Sun's Childs Walker. Hurst, of course, is now in Atlanta. Andrews saw six targets from Lamar Jackson and ended the day with 58 yards and two touchdowns against Cleveland. This is exactly the sort of usage fantasy managers hoped for when they drafted Andrews in the third or fourth round. Andrews is in position to challenge George Kittle and Travis Kelce for fantasy football primacy among tight ends.
*TommyBoyHolySchnikes.gif*

And I'm curious how many of those snaps that he missed were in the 4th quarter when the game for was all intents and purposes over. I'm curious because I stopped watching :bag:

Mark Andrews caught 2-of-3 targets for 57 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 4 win over Washington. 

After two slow games, Andrews came through against Washington, though his three targets are a bit of a concern. He was third in targets against the Football Team. Any time the Ravens get out to a big lead, Andrews' opportunity will be limited, as we saw today. Andrews will look to keep up the touchdown scoring next week against a Bengals defense that's been generous to enemy tight ends this year. 

Oct 4, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Im happy with the fantasy points but  color me concerned about his  usage the last 3 weeks.  Anybody think its a good idea to try to trade him at this point?  I dont mean dump him cheap but TDs arent always going to be there.  

Mark Andrews was added to the Ravens' injury report on Thursday, getting in a limited session with a thigh issue. 

A thigh injury is less concerning than a hamstring or groin would be, but it is still far from ideal that it is happening on a Thursday. It's also not what you want to see from a player who spent most of 2019 on the injury report. Despite that, fantasy managers should still expect Andrews to be ready to go for Sunday's game against the Bengals. Friday's injury report will tell the tale. Another "limited" day will have Andrews on track to play. 

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Oct 8, 2020, 5:00 PM ET

Mark Andrews (thigh) is questionable for Week 5 against the Bengals.

Ravens listed 12 players as questionable for Sunday — a clear sign that most, if not all, will play (a la the Patriots' injury model). Fantasy players should have no fear firing up Andrews as a TE1 assuming he's active.

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 3:16 PM ET

Active week 5
Rotoworld:

Mark Andrews (thigh) is active for Week 5 against the Bengals. 

It's disappointing that Andrews is once again becoming a weekly presence on the injury report, but his Week 5 status was never in doubt. Andrews is so far living off touchdowns, but that is actually sustainable for an elite tight end in this offense. The counting stats should also begin to catch up. With the tight end position in truly dire straits, Andrews remains a no-brainer top-five TE1. 

Oct 11, 2020, 11:40 AM ET

Mark Andrews caught 7-of-9 targets for 61 yards in Week 10 against the Patriots.

Both the yards and catches were season highs for Andrews. He still hasn't scored since Week 5, but this was a step forward. With Nick Boyle leaving with a knee injury, Andrews is likely going to have a larger snap share than the 60% he averaged moving forward.

Nov 16, 2020, 12:17 AM ET

Mark Andrews (thigh) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's the first we've heard of a thigh issue for Andrews, but his status for Week 12 against the Steelers -- now being played Sunday -- shouldn't be in doubt. The Ravens didn't actually practice Wednesday amid their COVID-19 outbreak.

Nov 25, 2020, 4:52 PM ET

Read the article Ray Barboni posted.  Stop smokin' and pay attention. ;)  
That's all nice and dandy, but it doesn't specifically address this week. Dodds still has him listed this week in his rankings, while Bloom doesn't. Most likely out, but maybe asymptomatic and he passes a couple tests? Idk. Dropped Hooper for a better waiver wire pick up and Andrews sits in the IR spot until I await 100% confirmation. Edit: puff puff... Smokin'

That's all nice and dandy, but it doesn't specifically address this week. Dodds still has him listed this week in his rankings. Most likely out, but maybe asymptomatic and he passes a couple tests? Idk. Dropped Hooper for a better waiver wire pick up and Andrews sits in the IR spot until I await 100% confirmation.
I haven’t been able to find anything about this week either 

That's all nice and dandy, but it doesn't specifically address this week. Dodds still has him listed this week in his rankings, while Bloom doesn't. Most likely out, but maybe asymptomatic and he passes a couple tests? Idk. Dropped Hooper for a better waiver wire pick up and Andrews sits in the IR spot until I await 100% confirmation. Edit: puff puff... Smokin'

I haven’t been able to find anything about this week either 
Have found information online but it is conflicting. One site said he will play, the other said he is definitely out.

He is on the COVID IR.  He is out at least 10 days and until after he passes two tests (negative tests).  

He is out this week for sure.  

>>

Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore Ravens

Andrews is on the COVID-19 list and will remain there until Tuesday, at the earliest. However, it just so happens that the Week 13 game is scheduled for Tuesday. Assuming Andrews is asymptomatic, he is eligible to come off the COVID-19 list, assuming he tests negative. However, it also will mean that he hasn't practiced with the team for more than two weeks. The Ravens' offense is going to be hard to trust as it's not clear who is playing and who is still dealing with COVID-19. Andrews is ranked No. 13, but it's possible he doesn't play and if he does, he's a low TE2.<<

Another source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/fantasy/five-up-five-down-james-white-jordan-akins-dandre-switf-mark-andrews-week-13-2020%3famp

>>

Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore Ravens

Andrews is on the COVID-19 list and will remain there until Tuesday, at the earliest. However, it just so happens that the Week 13 game is scheduled for Tuesday. Assuming Andrews is asymptomatic, he is eligible to come off the COVID-19 list, assuming he tests negative. However, it also will mean that he hasn't practiced with the team for more than two weeks. The Ravens' offense is going to be hard to trust as it's not clear who is playing and who is still dealing with COVID-19. Andrews is ranked No. 13, but it's possible he doesn't play and if he does, he's a low TE2.<<

Another source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/fantasy/five-up-five-down-james-white-jordan-akins-dandre-switf-mark-andrews-week-13-2020%3famp
So you say there's a chance lol. 

Somehow forgot the game isn’t til Tuesday 

I can’t take the chance. 
I'm hoping to hold out and take the chance as long as I can, even playing empty in TE if I have a sizable lead. My bench is also stacked lol. Plugging in Andrews really helps (if he plays) as Golladay now sits in the one IR slot. 

I'm hoping to hold out and take the chance as long as I can, even playing empty in TE if I have a sizable lead. My bench is also stacked lol. Plugging in Andrews really helps (if he plays) as Golladay now sits in the one IR slot. 
Trey Burton Sunday at 1 pm for me

I need to win and get help to get in. Injuries have killed me

Trey Burton Sunday at 1 pm for me

I need to win and get help to get in. Injuries have killed me
I would love to grab Trey Burton myself right now. Who the heck do I drop: Gaskin, Gallman, J Allen, Taysom Hill, L Murray, or Golladay? Answer no one so far. 

It sure sounds like Andrews is Out in week 13. 

It also sounds like the NFL and each team is pretty tight-lipped on on-going Covid issues. They let us know when players are on it and when they're back off it again. Then it's up to us to try to figure it out according to their protocols.

Eligible to come off Covid today, but all signs point to holding him out and probable next week. I get it, but if you're good to go Andrews can help and help my team. Otherwise it's Sergeant Schultz lol.

Who sees nothing...

Ravens activated TE Mark Andrews from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Edge rusher Matt Judon was also activated from the COVID list Wednesday. Andrews missed the last two games but is cleared to return for Monday night's Week 14 showdown with the Browns.

Dec 9, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

Mark Andrews caught 5-of-6 targets for 78 yards in the Ravens' Week 14 win over the Browns.

It was Andrews' first game back after missing two with COVID. He led the Ravens in catches and yards while tying Marquise Brown for the team lead in targets. Andrews in particular came up huge on the final drive with back-to-back catches to start the possession that ended up with Justin Tucker kicking a game-winning 55-yard field goal. Andrews will be a TE1 for Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:17 AM ET

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-7 targets for 27 yards in the Ravens' Week 17 win against the Bengals. 

Andrews was second on the team in targets on a day that saw Lamar Jackson throw the ball just 18 times in an easy win. Most Baltimore starters, including Andrews, were rested in the fourth quarter. The athletic tight end enjoyed a 24 percent target share this season, and heads into the postseason as Jackson's most dependable target.

- Rotoworld

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-6 targets for 41 yards in the Ravens' Wild Card win over the Titans.

Andrews opened the game with a bad drop which has been an issue he has dealt with for most of his NFL career. The Titans weren't able to mount much of an offense versus the Ravens so Andrews' lone mistake didn't cost them much in the Wild Card Round but it could when they go up against a team capable of scoring in an instant. Still, Andrews is one of the best athletes at his position and the ability to get open and draw targets is just as important as his drop rate. He'll be the No. 2 fantasy tight end behind Travis Kelce for the next round of the playoffs.

- Rotoworld

I was really high on this guy but he should no longer be considered an elite TE option going forward, although he continues to be ranked as one.  He'll have a few good games but is not consistent enough, and won't be worth his asking price in next year's drafts. 

I was really high on this guy but he should no longer be considered an elite TE option going forward, although he continues to be ranked as one.  He'll have a few good games but is not consistent enough, and won't be worth his asking price in next year's drafts. 
2018 he was a rookie, 2019 finished #5 and finished #6 this year.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread