What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Not a good week this week.

Still waiting on tickets, but don't think I got many.

88 in.  7 out.  Total loss of 81 dollars this week.  May get bailed some with tickets, but not sure. 

Got one lineup for Sunday Monday that had Wentz, Elliot, Ertz, Agholor so may win some dollars there.

ETA: I did with 2 tickets a $9 and $5 ticket so total loss is $67.

Last edited by a moderator:
Main slate for yesterday; $16 in, $12 out. Still waiting, though, for the MNF game to see where I finish up for the Thurs-Mon GPP. Currently sitting 4th for $150, but, no one in tonight's game, so, figuring that there will be enough exposure to that game that I will drop back somewhat. Figuring on a cash at 188.70 points, just a matter of how far I'll drop tonight. 

It does feel like you have to go against the norm a bit even in a cash LU, or that's just me saying that b/c I am not successful with them.  It's happened the last couple weeks where I am a little below the cash line and think I have a shot with the afternoon games starting, just to see that I and 75% of the LUs have Gordon, so I probably won't be catching the line.  That's most of why I don't enjoy cash builds and contests nearly as much.   I seem to be the opposite of how the week goes - if I try to zag a little and not have as much chalk, the chalk goes off.  This week I had a bit of chalk, and they churn out their floor games.   Oh well, I'll keep fighting the fight.  
In general, I have been somewhat successful playing the cash games only the past couple years.  They have gotten tougher it seems.  This year I am just barely above even money.   I do not go out of my way to differentiate my LU, although it happens sometimes just from happenstance.  My line up this past week ended up with several low owned players and I barely made the cut.  So, I don't think you want to be too different from the masses.

In general, I have been somewhat successful playing the cash games only the past couple years.  They have gotten tougher it seems.  This year I am just barely above even money.   I do not go out of my way to differentiate my LU, although it happens sometimes just from happenstance.  My line up this past week ended up with several low owned players and I barely made the cut.  So, I don't think you want to be too different from the masses.
Fair enough.  I dont think I had thin plays, they just didn't hit on fd in cash this week.  It usually comes down to that one or two decisions, and for me this week it was A.Jones vs D.Lewis, and I decided to go with the savings and the masses.  

Fair enough.  I dont think I had thin plays, they just didn't hit on fd in cash this week.  It usually comes down to that one or two decisions, and for me this week it was A.Jones vs D.Lewis, and I decided to go with the savings and the masses.  
Meh...I don't know.  I think to go straight chalk in a line up is difficult/impossible because it is usually cost prohibitive.  Guys like Hunt and Gordon are expensive and you can't fill a roster with these types.  You naturally have to find spots for value.  This is where those couple decisions come into play, so I guess you are correct at some level.  But clearly if you don't have enough chalk, you put yourself behind the eight ball as well.    I was deciding between A. Jones and Duke.  I ended up going with Duke for the cost savings without any regard to ownership %, because I was trying to get get either a high end WR or Kelce squeezed into the budget. I really had no idea what Duke's ownership was going to be like.  I ended up going with Kelce over the high cost WR.  Kelce was only around 5% owned, but I didn't know that going in nor was he a difference maker...in fact, it almost cost me.   Was there a chalk play at TE???  Maybe those dollars are just being spread everywhere with the crapshow that is TE.  I guess Reed was chalky.  Reed was over 50% owned and basically scored the same for $2800 less.  Chalk would have been good here.  It still comes down to getting value for your dollar.  Drifting too far from the chalk in cash I think will do more harm than good in the long run.

Here is my line up and the rough ownership percentages in the $2 50/50 games I play...

Mariota ~ 7%

Hunt ~ 70%

Gordon ~ 82%

Duke ~ 5% 

MVS ~ 68%

Gordon ~48%

Kupp ~ 33%

Kelce ~ 5%

New Orleans ~ 7%

Low owned guys like Duke and Mariota fit the description of what you were describing...those couple that may make the difference.  So, who knows, maybe you are right.  But I didn't actively seek out low ownership...it just sort of happened as I tried to make my budget work.   There are also those low owned guys like Kelce that probably hurt me. 

So let's discuss the Mon night showdown. Is there any reason not to make Barkley the MVP? Who are the lower priced players you are targeting?

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's discuss the Mon night showdown. Is there any reason not to make Barkley the MVP? Who are the lower priced players you are targeting?
Depends what you’re playing. If I’m going for tickets he’s automatic, like a cash game. Trying to diversify a gpp, that’s a good spot to do it imo.

@BassNBrew, are you capping the number of $4.44 tickets you’re claiming? Since we don’t know the format, etc. Or just going for as many as you can get? I’ve used some cash but now have exhausted my FD points. 

Depends what you’re playing. If I’m going for tickets he’s automatic, like a cash game. Trying to diversify a gpp, that’s a good spot to do it imo.

@BassNBrew, are you capping the number of $4.44 tickets you’re claiming? Since we don’t know the format, etc. Or just going for as many as you can get? I’ve used some cash but now have exhausted my FD points. 
I'm currently at 79, probably will throttle down soon.  I figured with it being a two game slate and the low score drop that I should be able to chop a pretty decent prize.  May have to double up entries at that level anyway.  Already going to have to take a day off work to do all those lineups.

I'm currently at 79, probably will throttle down soon.  I figured with it being a two game slate and the low score drop that I should be able to chop a pretty decent prize.  May have to double up entries at that level anyway.  Already going to have to take a day off work to do all those lineups.
Makes sense. I won’t get that many, sitting on 14 now and 3 $5 nfl tickets. I was thinking maybe around $100 in value, so 20-25 total. Wonder how close I am to break even right now, pretty sure I’m on the positive side (not shelling out more than $4.44 per ticket won).

Makes sense. I won’t get that many, sitting on 14 now and 3 $5 nfl tickets. I was thinking maybe around $100 in value, so 20-25 total. Wonder how close I am to break even right now, pretty sure I’m on the positive side (not shelling out more than $4.44 per ticket won).
I was way to the good on the early tickets when I was running good and the contest were only filling to 50%.  The are filling now so my hit rate isn't as good.  We really shouldn't play any ticket contest that fills over 80% because FD is collection the juice twice on these ticket games.

Don't know how much my 6 WFFC tix cost me in entry fees to  acquire, but I won the tourney (tied) and had another ticket cash and I didn't even net $50.  

I found some of the good times to play, like most of the day on Sunday for example. Then some NBA nights I’ll pretty much know about a hour prior to tip-off....depends if they have 1 or 2 contests and what they are filled up to at that moment. I still won’t submit them until 5 min til.

Tonight I wanted a little action, so unless they were going to fill up, I was in. Nfl got to 401, so that’s high for me, but Nba is only at 354 which is about my limit.

Meh...I don't know.  I think to go straight chalk in a line up is difficult/impossible because it is usually cost prohibitive.  Guys like Hunt and Gordon are expensive and you can't fill a roster with these types.  You naturally have to find spots for value.  This is where those couple decisions come into play, so I guess you are correct at some level.  But clearly if you don't have enough chalk, you put yourself behind the eight ball as well.    I was deciding between A. Jones and Duke.  I ended up going with Duke for the cost savings without any regard to ownership %, because I was trying to get get either a high end WR or Kelce squeezed into the budget. I really had no idea what Duke's ownership was going to be like.  I ended up going with Kelce over the high cost WR.  Kelce was only around 5% owned, but I didn't know that going in nor was he a difference maker...in fact, it almost cost me.   Was there a chalk play at TE???  Maybe those dollars are just being spread everywhere with the crapshow that is TE.  I guess Reed was chalky.  Reed was over 50% owned and basically scored the same for $2800 less.  Chalk would have been good here.  It still comes down to getting value for your dollar.  Drifting too far from the chalk in cash I think will do more harm than good in the long run.

Here is my line up and the rough ownership percentages in the $2 50/50 games I play...

Mariota ~ 7%

Hunt ~ 70%

Gordon ~ 82%

Duke ~ 5% 

MVS ~ 68%

Gordon ~48%

Kupp ~ 33%

Kelce ~ 5%

New Orleans ~ 7%

Low owned guys like Duke and Mariota fit the description of what you were describing...those couple that may make the difference.  So, who knows, maybe you are right.  But I didn't actively seek out low ownership...it just sort of happened as I tried to make my budget work.   There are also those low owned guys like Kelce that probably hurt me. 
I probably misposted.  I didn't mean that my decisions were based on %s or anything, just that I had a pool of guys and a build in mind and that was the main decision that I remember thinking about this week.  I like the idea of posting LUs and talking about them.  Here was my cash LU:

Rivers - 11%

D.Lewis - 33%

Hunt - 45%

Kupp 35 %

MVS  55%

Gordon  - 30%

Doyle - 14%

Gordon - 62%

Rams - 4%

93.42pts 

This was for the FBGs $5 2x contest.  It's interesting to me the difference in ownerships that you listed.   Like I said, my main debate was A.Jones vs. D.Lewis.  I am sure what most of that decision was based on was convincing myself that Gordon was the call at WR, and if I spent more on RB, I'd have to drop down at WR, or DT.  Plus I wasn't sure I wanted 2 GB players in the mix.    For cash I never thought about the cheap QBs, Clev RBs, +7K WRs, or C.Davis.      

Sticking to the cash rule of not taking players on teams with below average team totals probably would have landed me on A.Jones and a Chicago WR, but that's hindsight.  Maybe I need to practice what I preach and try sticking to that rule 

I had Chubb shares and pulled them all in the last hour. Dropped to Duke in the gpps to upgrade elsewhere. Dropped him from my cash plus and that decision kept me in the red. I got pretty toasted Sat night, not the norm, so I wasn’t functioning Sunday...in a right state of mind I prob still keep him in something or work him in another. At 2pm I was shocked to see no shares, thought I still had some. DOH

KarmaPolice said:
This was for the FBGs $5 2x contest.  It's interesting to me the difference in ownerships that you listed.   Like I said, my main debate was A.Jones vs. D.Lewis.  I am sure what most of that decision was based on was convincing myself that Gordon was the call at WR, and if I spent more on RB, I'd have to drop down at WR, or DT.  Plus I wasn't sure I wanted 2 GB players in the mix.    For cash I never thought about the cheap QBs, Clev RBs, +7K WRs, or C.Davis.      

Sticking to the cash rule of not taking players on teams with below average team totals probably would have landed me on A.Jones and a Chicago WR, but that's hindsight.  Maybe I need to practice what I preach and try sticking to that rule 
I entered 12 contests...all $2 50/50s.  The numbers I reported above are a rough average of 4 of the contests that I opened to check.  A guy like Josh Gordon had about a 10% variation from the high and low values I saw.  Others were a bit tighter  So there is a fair amount of variation even in the same contests, and significant differences from contest to contest.  The is difficult data to speculate on in prep work.  The FBGs projected ownerships which are claimed to be based upon a mid size gpp are dramatically different as might be expected.

I entered 12 contests...all $2 50/50s.  The numbers I reported above are a rough average of 4 of the contests that I opened to check.  A guy like Josh Gordon had about a 10% variation from the high and low values I saw.  Others were a bit tighter  So there is a fair amount of variation even in the same contests, and significant differences from contest to contest.  The is difficult data to speculate on in prep work.  The FBGs projected ownerships which are claimed to be based upon a mid size gpp are dramatically different as might be expected.
Is there much variation with the cash lines in these 12 different contests?

Back to being successful in cash.  $10 in $18.40 out, pay for lunch or something during the week who knows what I'll splurge on.  Also put $1 into a squib, and cashed with $2 WOOHOO!!!!  Feels good to be back on track after screwing the pooch last week and losing all my lineups.  

Pretty much a push this week when tickets are considered.  Last night was horrible for me as I was heavy Barkley.

Pretty much a push this week when tickets are considered.  Last night was horrible for me as I was heavy Barkley.
2/2 on NBA last night.  Two nice lineups, 318 and 316.

0/2 on the NFL single game.  My QB-less lineup lost the ticket on the Manning-Shepard TD.  Engram and Barkley had just got me up to like 80th too.

Users who are viewing this thread