What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyler Boyd without AJ Green (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
Becomes the new defacto WR #1 in CIN. Before us Boyd owners start jumping up and down for joy these next 2-4 weeks perhaps it's fools gold and prime time to move him and upgrade - sell high? I liked him being WR #2. Now he gets the best cover DB's and loss of AJ stretching the field. Mixon also will face more in the box rush coverage. Mixon may see more increase in passes coming his way. Wonder what the Sharks think? I may move Boyd for a Cooper Kupp type to a Green owner. 

Don't get me wrong - Boyd has been great. Does it continue or taper off?

Bengals fan here.

The Bengals promoted Auden Tate from the practice squad today and that is significant.  He is obviously no AJ Green, but I will say if there is a WR in the organization that can give you the "look" of AJ Green, then I think he is the guy.  He is raw, and will likely make some mistakes, but if they put him in there to mimic what they would try to do with AJ, then I think it will keep Boyd freed up to work the middle.  Tate made some highlight catches in training camp and preseason and Bengals fans are hoping he can move that into the real life football.  This is his chance to work onto the game day actives.  (if he is inactive, I would be surprised.)

Also add in the fact that GIo and Ross were back at practice, and I think you will see Ross try to stretch the field as that was not really AJ's main function.  They got Ross to stretch the field to open things up for AJ.  If he is healthy, then the defense will still need to pay attention to him.  Gio gives them an added target in the passing game that they haven't had in over a month, so I don't think teams will be able to key on Boyd.  It'd be better if Eifert was there, but Uzomah was banged up a little bit before the bye week and seems to be closer to full health with the week off.  There are enough capable weapons there that I think they will be ok.

Sunday 1PM game at home against a team that gives up fantasy points to the WR position.  Year, I think Boyd will be fine this week.  We will see going forward.

I don't think there is a definitive answer to the question, but I do believe that Boyd will continue to produce. I think he's a legit #1 WR and I think that Green benefited from Boyd just as much as Boyd benefited from Green.

I don't think there is a definitive answer to the question, but I do believe that Boyd will continue to produce. I think he's a legit #1 WR and I think that Green benefited from Boyd just as much as Boyd benefited from Green.
Pretty bold on the bolded. I don't know about that, but I guess we'll find out. Maybe the additional targets will offset some of the coverage he will draw.

John Ross is obviously no AJ Green, but if he's playing then his outside speed will have to be accounted for and could keep the middle open for Boyd. I'd feel more confident about Boyd with Ross playing.

I’m not sure I like this as an exit point, personally. I think his value will increase by more if he has a big game as the #1 guy than it will decrease by if he gets shut down. But of course it depends what you’re being offered for him (and if you are a believer in the talent).

in dynasty if he has his biggest week of the season his value goes nuclear. If he doesn’t he’s probably still valued as a dyno wr2. Are people offering anchor wr1 value?

Bengals fan here.

The Bengals promoted Auden Tate from the practice squad today and that is significant.  He is obviously no AJ Green, but I will say if there is a WR in the organization that can give you the "look" of AJ Green, then I think he is the guy.  He is raw, and will likely make some mistakes, but if they put him in there to mimic what they would try to do with AJ, then I think it will keep Boyd freed up to work the middle.  Tate made some highlight catches in training camp and preseason and Bengals fans are hoping he can move that into the real life football.  This is his chance to work onto the game day actives.  (if he is inactive, I would be surprised.)

Also add in the fact that GIo and Ross were back at practice, and I think you will see Ross try to stretch the field as that was not really AJ's main function.  They got Ross to stretch the field to open things up for AJ.  If he is healthy, then the defense will still need to pay attention to him.  Gio gives them an added target in the passing game that they haven't had in over a month, so I don't think teams will be able to key on Boyd.  It'd be better if Eifert was there, but Uzomah was banged up a little bit before the bye week and seems to be closer to full health with the week off.  There are enough capable weapons there that I think they will be ok.

Sunday 1PM game at home against a team that gives up fantasy points to the WR position.  Year, I think Boyd will be fine this week.  We will see going forward.
Auden Tate was 4th on the depth chart behind Josh Malone and Cody Core in AJ Green's position on the depth chart.  I think the promotion of Tate is just depth.

I'm thinking Boyd stays in his current role and Malone slots in for AJ Green. 

Personally, I don't like it. The offense is now limited in their skill players - Boyd thrives in the slot but I'm not sure he will have the same success on the outside. Granted, targets are targets, but the offense is going to take a step back and that is an overall negative for Boyd imo. 

Boyd will now be the #1 guy to take away in the passing game..don't underestimate the effect of "the other guy" taking the #1 cb and safety with him on every play...now that's boyd...and he is not AJG

For example...note thielen without Diggs last week...

Boyd will now be the #1 guy to take away in the passing game..don't underestimate the effect of "the other guy" taking the #1 cb and safety with him on every play...now that's boyd...and he is not AJG

For example...note thielen without Diggs last week...
  He will be covered by Lattimore this week.

He’s going to go Flipper Anderson on the Saints this week.  
Ha, going old school on us!  I recall the Rams' game where Flipper Anderson came from nowhere to put up something like 300 yards against the Saints.  Epic!  As I recall, Anderson was thrust into a WR1 role because Henry Ellard was injured, so there are some similarities.  Nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread