What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deserted Island Music Tournament - Women II bracket (1 Viewer)

Choose 1 - Ladies Division II

• Mariah Carey

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Adele

Votes: 49 69.0%

• Total voters

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Imagine you are on a deserted Island - and you have to live out your life with the musical catalogue of a single Artist/Group.  (i.e. that all you can listen to for the rest of your life)

I have chosen 64 artists, of various Genres, and set them into a bracket so we can vote, tournament style on who advances.  The Artists were chosen largely, though not exclusively, on total album sales, so there is a tendency to skew towards newer artists.

There are 4 (loose) groupings (I play pretty fast and loose between "Rock" and "Pop"):

Women

Rock

Pop

Miscellaneous

Within each group, I tried to keep similar artists together in Groups of 4  (I know its not perfect, nor a true 1-64 ranking)  - 1 faces 4, 2 faces 3

Women

Madonna, Pink, Brittney Spears, Shakira
Rihanna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Janet Jackson
Celine Dion, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry
Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Adele, Aretha Franklin

Rock

Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Queen, Van Halen
Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Metallica, Def Leppard
Rolling Stones, The Who, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses
Springsteen, Dylan, McCartney, Bob Segar

Pop

Beatles, ABBA, Beach Boys, Genesis
U2, Eagles, Bee Gees, Journey
Justin Timberlake, Elton John, Phil Collins, Stevie Wonder
Michael Jackson, Prince,  Elvis Presley. Billy Joel

Miscellaneous

Kanye West, Eminem, Jay-Z, Bruno Mars
Santana, Tom Petty, Coldplay, Simon & Garfunkel
Garth Brooks, James Taylor, George Strait, Johnny Cash
Sinatra, Bob Marley, David Bowie, Ed Sheeran

The goal is to vote for each pair - choose the 1 Artist you would prefer.  I assume there will be some match-ups that you don't want either, and some that you would want both - pick the 1 you prefer over the other....

Katy Perry is going to have the widest margin of victory and 'TGIF (Last Friday Night)' is the best song by any of these artists outside the Aretha/Whitney bracket - and those two really should be the 1/2 seeds by almost any measure. 

patsy cline not being on this list is nuts i think that crazy was the number one or two most played song for the first 100 years of jukeboxes but since you are apparently a pretty young laddy you probably did not realize that take that to the bank bromigo 

Northern Voice said:
Katy Perry is going to have the widest margin of victory and 'TGIF (Last Friday Night)' is the best song by any of these artists outside the Aretha/Whitney bracket - and those two really should be the 1/2 seeds by almost any measure. 
Best song? Based on what?

Users who are viewing this thread