What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump losing his mind at reporters (1 Viewer)

Today, like every day, they showed they are not a free press but an extension of the Democratic party.

Good for Trump standing up to their despicable behavior. The NPC bots view it as an attack on the press, free thinkers view it as treating them like the whiny brats that they are. 

So much for bipartisanship, that lasted all of 5 seconds, until Jim Acoster started screaming like an 11 year old girl.
Shhh posters here actually believe that the press is free and not slaves to the Democrat party.

Some of these reporters are just so terrible.  They pre-script their questions and then have absolutely no ability to stray from them in response to the answers they are given.  This exchange was particularly frustrating:

Trump:  I want them to come into the country, but they have to come in legally.  You know they have to come in, Jim, through a process.  I want it to be a process.  And I want people to come in and we need the people.

Acosta:  Your campaign had an ad showing migrants climbing over walls . . .

Seriously?!?  You just let that go?  It's like he's not even listening to what the President is saying.  Rather than move to his pre-scripted question about the campaign ad, he should have immediately followed up with:

Acosta:  Mr. President, that is precisely what the caravan is doing.  They are following a legal process.  Travelling to the border so that they can present themselves and apply for asylum.  That is our legal process.

So damn frustrating.  People say they are for legal immigration but against illegal immigration.  These people aren't immigrating illegally!!!  They are following the process in hopes of becoming legal immigrants!

Is it me?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! 
No...my wife works for the State of Michigan Education department..they are all lefties...she said a bunch of them were watching the presser at the Capitol building in Lansing and all of them thought Acosta was a doosh. 

I can’t believe we watched a member of the WH Press Corps wrestle the microphone away well past his turn to ask questions

they need their credentials revoked

I still can't believe this guy is president.  

Of course, every other president has had an adversarial relationship with the press.  That's normal.  This is not normal.
Trump as the President and the manner he rose to the office is certainly not normal. But the moment he won the election, the disrespectful treatment by the media has to stop. When the media sheds all objectivity and acts in this unprofessional, fire breathing manner it serves them so poorly. The people who didn't vote for Trump enjoy the media's "fight" no doubt. But it only further emboldens those who did vote for him. Trump has successfully made the media the enemy and the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world are doing nothing but adding ammunition. I fear if this nonsense keeps up, it will stir his supporters to re-elect him in 2020. Trump does enough on his own to dig graves, there's no need to slant his coverage. Showing such a clear bias only serves to rile the people who voted for him.

I heard some of it on the radio. Audio only is quite a different medium, as the Kennedy/Nixon debate showed us decades ago. I didn't think Trump presented himself any differently than his typical press conferences. That might be because I didn't see the video, it might be because I didn't hear the parts of him losing his mind, or it might be because either myself or some of you guys were tilted about this. I can't say. Just only reporting what I experienced when driving to lunch today.

Anybody else see the Acostaing and read this thread title and burst out laughing?  Only this place would make Trump the bad guy here. ?
What are your thoughts about the first few seconds of the video on how Trump treats and deals with Acosta before he even asks his question?

Acosta has been denied access to the White House now, per twitter.
Good. Hopefully CNN is allowed to fill his chair with someone sharp enough with their question formation to let Trump hang himself rather than having to shout out multiple questions and interrupt everyone including their colleagues.

Good. Hopefully CNN is allowed to fill his chair with someone sharp enough with their question formation to let Trump hang himself rather than having to shout out multiple questions and interrupt everyone including their colleagues.
Nope. Can't let the President dictate which reporters cover him.

CNN has to do something - I'm not sure if its a boycott or what (because that seems to play right into Trump's hands). But whatever they do, the other reporters have to stand in solidarity with CNN.

Typical bully behavior. Can’t have someone question him or he throws a hissy fit and bans him. I like how Trump STILL hasn’t mustered up any courage to fire any of his lackeys face to face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leander Schaerlaeckens  @LeanderAlphabet

1m

Any journalist who sets foot in the White House until Acosta’s credential is restored is abetting and normalizing the silencing of the free press.

I can’t believe we watched a member of the WH Press Corps wrestle the microphone away well past his turn to ask questions

they need their credentials revoked
You can’t believe it because that isn’t what happened.

What are your thoughts about the first few seconds of the video on how Trump treats and deals with Acosta before he even asks his question?
Nope it’s all bias and arm of the Democratic Party and disrespectful behavior to the president.  Ignore everything else that hurts the narrative.

Leander Schaerlaeckens  @LeanderAlphabet

1m

Any journalist who sets foot in the White House until Acosta’s credential is restored is abetting and normalizing the silencing of the free press.
The sad thing is, I don’t think the Trump administration would mind this. It would simply take away one avenue of accountability 

He totally wrestled it away from her...oh wait, she was trying to do that to him.
soon to find out she's a trump operative that starts screaming at the press when it's time for them to leave the room.

No...my wife works for the State of Michigan Education department..they are all lefties...she said a bunch of them were watching the presser at the Capitol building in Lansing and all of them thought Acosta was a doosh. 
Trump interrupted him 3-4 times when he was trying to ask a question. Then he called him rude and terrible and CNN the enemy of the people. Then one of his people tried rip the microphone out of his hands. Now Acosta is banned from entering the WH. 

Yeah, Acosta is the one that looks bad. :mellow:

Reporters are expected to be obnoxious and make the President uncomfortable by asking tough questions.  Trump has no sensical reply (inferring that the caravan has already "invaded"?  Wut?), so he shuts/shouts it down like the little wannabe dictator that he so espouses to be.  Acosta then REALLY hits a nerve with the question about the Russia investigation while Little Dobby slowly dictates his "resignation" letter.  Straight out of the fascist playbook, #s 3, 6, and 7.

14 Traits of Fascism

There was some guy that made a joke that was defending Trump but he was too dumb to get it. So Trump makes his grumpy face and says something like "oh we have a comedian".  What a ####. 

Most of the Democrats here are oozing with Trump hatred that's why.  Any normal person sees Acosta was completely unprofessional and crossed the line.  
You just called everyone who disagrees with you as not normal people.

Thats BS. 

Reagan never would have treated Sam Donaldson this way.
Sam Donaldson would have never acted in in such an unprofessional and rude manner.

Donakdson yelling questions while Reagan pretending not to hear him over the helicopters was kind of a cute frenemy interplay.

Acosta’s incessant whining and not allowing the other reporters to get their questions in as well as getting physical with a WH intern is beyond uncomfortable....

You think if Acosta was barging forward to ask about 'just how big was the win?', or 'do you think you've proved your critics wrong?' a la Fox or OANN, he would have raised Trump's ire in such a way or be banned as of now?

No Acosta asks direct questions about sensitive subjects and that's the heart of news. Trump is locking down the White House and blocking out anyone who gets at the truth.

Sam Donaldson would have never acted in in such an unprofessional and rude manner.

Donakdson yelling questions while Reagan pretending not to hear him over the helicopters was kind of a cute frenemy interplay.

Acosta’s incessant whining and not allowing the other reporters to get their questions in as well as getting physical with a WH intern is beyond uncomfortable....
Maybe if Trump granted more access to the non-FNC press it wouldn't be necessary.

Whining? Whining? Really? And if you look at the clip, she is the aggressor

Well said

Acosta deserves it.  Right or wrong, he’s not a reporter anymore.  He’s lost his objectivity.  Cnn will be better off sending a new reporter. 

I accidentally slammed a door in Sam Donaldson’s face while he was walking into the A&S building with Senator Alan Simpson at the University of Wyoming a long time ago.  I feel bad about that.

You think if Acosta was barging forward to ask about 'just how big was the win?', or 'do you think you've proved your critics wrong?' a la Fox or OANN, he would have raised Trump's ire in such a way or be banned as of now?

No Acost asks direct questions about sensitive subjects and that's the heart of news. Trump is locking down the White House and blocking out anyone who gets at the truth.
At some point you have to move on to another reporter’s questions and if that guy refuses to yield the floor after multiple requests, then they don’t belong there,  it’s disrespectful to every other person in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread