What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about WW on Yahoo (1 Viewer)

Yotes1

Footballguy
Not sure how this is done, but there must be some loophole or I'm just missing something.

Last night, WW's ran at 1:36 am.  But at 1:10 and 1:11 (25 minutes before waivers) Player A dropped the Bronco defense and added Chargers (who played Sunday at Seattle. And dropped Carr (who played Sunday) and picked up Heuerman.  How is this possible when Bronco DST and Carr were active on his roster Sunday and Heuerman and Charger DST were not on byes?

Not sure how this is done, but there must be some loophole or I'm just missing something.

Last night, WW's ran at 1:36 am.  But at 1:10 and 1:11 (25 minutes before waivers) Player A dropped the Bronco defense and added Chargers (who played Sunday at Seattle. And dropped Carr (who played Sunday) and picked up Heuerman.  How is this possible when Bronco DST and Carr were active on his roster Sunday and Heuerman and Charger DST were not on byes?
It's a loophole but not really a loophole.  I figured this out a few weeks ago when playing around with it.

He grabbed players that no one else made a claim for.  He wouldn't have been able to do it at midnight, but at around 1am, Yahoo "runs waivers" but it takes about an hour to fully "run".  At that point from 1:00 until 1:36 (all leagues are different exact times they run, and this is just a general statement), no waiver claims are allowed to be made.  There will be a green "+" sign and you can just grab the guy for free, or a red "+" which means you can't. 

Pretty much that darker plus sign means "Hey, someone made a claim for this guy and is going to get him when waivers officially go through within the hour.  You can't pick him up or even make a claim for him".  Green sign means he's fair game and no one wanted him.

It's like a random "holding" period.  But in this time frame, you can go nuts on players that no one else wanted or made a claim for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Deamon.  Pretty useful for streaming DST's.  Very few owners want to use up a WW on streamers, so it's a mad dash to see who gets up early in the morning to stake their claim.  I knew if I asked the owner how he did it he would say that if he told me, he would have to kill me.

Thanks Deamon.  Pretty useful for streaming DST's.  Very few owners want to use up a WW on streamers, so it's a mad dash to see who gets up early in the morning to stake their claim.  I knew if I asked the owner how he did it he would say that if he told me, he would have to kill me.
Ya I don't think this would affect your claim order so ya if it's a race to the computer once waivers go through, this could definitely help. Not sure the exact time this hold period starts, you'll likely have to keep checking and refreshing. 

I usually stay up til 3 am (East coaster) and go through and try and grab guys that hopefully weren't picked. It's a feeding frenzy in my one league at 3, especially early in the season. 

I've noticed this a while ago. if one of my kids wakes me up past midnight I'll usually check my waivers. sometimes waivers havent even run until 6am central. I've made several FA pickups in the early mornings. 

Only difference for my league is it doesn't matter because we use blind bidding waivers, and you can bid zero. 

This thread has given me the chance to explain something that has happened to me a few times. 

Being on UK time waivers usually run around 8am-9am on Wednesday mornings. The time varies between that from week to week. This is on NFL.com

Quite often during the NFL season I find myself in Central Europe working or on holiday. This is where it gets a little interesting/weird and it has always been on my phone  ....

the timing of waivers for this part of the world means that you can often get up in the morning and still have time to make some last minute decisions on waiver claims. Across the last 5 years I’ve been playing FF there has been at least 3 occasions where I’ve been in Central Europe  ( which is one hour ahead of the UK  ), and have gone to make a last minute WW claim at around maybe just after 9am CET. On these 3 approx occasions the player was immediately  added to my roster with the player I wanted to drop immediately being released on to the WW. 

Ive never been able to explain this other than surmising that somehow the platform gets confused with my time switching 

ie - the waivers are just about to run in the UK let’s say 8.30am

BUT 

im in Europe one hour ahead at 9.30am and somehow the platform through my phone thinks that I am in the UK at 9.30am and that waivers has already run. 

Is this feasible ? It’s only ever happened when I’ve been somewhere like Spain or another 1hour + country 

or perhaps it is merely what people suggest and is a dark period where you can pick up players no one else had put in a claim for. I’ve never been able to discern how you would go about knowing that though and it would make it entirely coincidental that I’ve always done it whilst one hour ahead 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread