What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just who are the Fascist? (1 Viewer)

jon_mx

Footballguy
A group of protesters congregated outside what they claimed was Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s home in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night to chant threatening messages.

Smash Racism D.C., a self-described “anti-fascist” group, posted a video of their members screaming obscenities at Carlson’s house and blaming his “policies” for the deaths of thousands of people.

“Tucker Carlson, we will fight!” the protesters chanted. “We know where you sleep at night!”

----------

If this is anti-fascism, I don't want any.  

Last edited by a moderator:
A group of protesters congregated outside what they claimed was Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s home in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night to chant threatening messages.

Smash Racism D.C., a self-described “anti-fascist” group, posted a video of their members screaming obscenities at Carlson’s house and blaming his “policies” for the deaths of thousands of people.

“Tucker Carlson, we will fight!” the protesters chanted. “We know where you sleep at night!”

----------

I don’t think this is the way to get stuff done. 

I don't see anything wrong with this if it's on public property. 
"I called my wife," Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. "She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door."

His wife, thinking it was a home invasion, locked herself in the pantry and called 911, Carlson said. The couple have four children, but none were home at the time.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/They-were-threatening-me-and-my-family-Tucker-13373987.php

Scary stuff right here. These people are anti-American and need to be stoppped. Banging on his door? Making threats? On one hand we have a mass shooting last night, and it makes you understand the need for strict gun controls. But then you see this and wonder doesn't this man have a right to protect his home and family? 

----------

Locker room talk.  They didn't mean anything by it.  They talk this way.  

Low lifes. Tucker is a turd but the sleep at night comment is way too much.

At least they weren’t crazy enough to send him a  mail bomb.

It shouldn’t happen like it is described and appeared in the video. If she did call 911...we’re there arrests? Did they actually crack the door as he claimed or was that his exaggeration?

Thread is fine if it isn’t full of trolling like the last...not a great start in here when you have people making claims that the other looked bad for democrats.

timschochet said:
That was a hit and run thread, started by a troll poster who refuses to engage in discussion or debate. Whatever one thinks of jon mx, he can be counted on to do both. 
Liar.  I saw inside that thread that Joe said the original post was okay.  Joe said he even does the same thing in Shark Pool threads himself.

Trolling is obviously bad only when it is done by a Republican and makes Democrats look bad.

If a Democrat is trolling, it is absolutely fine.

false flag?  many people are saying that these are really alt-right people pretending to be Antifa?  locker room talk?   who hasn't talked like this before?  fine people on both sides here?  this is what we'd be hearing and much more in opposite universe.

instead here, this will be denounced by all but Antifa.  its complete crap and way over the line.  these people should be prosecuted for whatever laws they broke.  

jon_mx said:

----------

You answered your own thread title.

There's no instance that I know of where fascist ideology arose without a corresponding movement against it. You could take this as an opportunity to question whether you're missing something, or you can just dig your head in the sand and believe that Trumpism isn't really any different than the GOP of old.

Does no one feel these folk automatically disqualify themselves as activists of any import by protesting at the house of a reality TV star?!

The protesters in the video should have been arrested. Now, if they had done that down in front of Fox News, no problem.

Time, place, and manner.
If they said something about knowing where you sleep at night that's not appropriate no matter your location.  But definitely agree on arresting them for where they were.

Calling out those who promote and foster fascist ideals is perfectly acceptable and ought to be encouraged. 

Terrorizing and victimizing people in their homes is unacceptable.

Tucker Carlson is a conservative, not a fascist.  Calling out conservatives under the guise of being fascists is not acceptable nor should it be encouraged.
There's a whole, months long thread about this if you want to get in to it. I'm firm in my labeling, and I have my reasons. I'm not the only one. 

There's a whole, months long thread about this if you want to get in to it. I'm firm in my labeling, and I have my reasons. I'm not the only one. 
Sorry, I'm not sure what your stance is.  Are you saying you are firm in your labeling of Tucker Carlson as a Fascist?

I think he should keep advocating for white supremacy and insisting how terrible diversity is for the country.  Seems to be working out well for him.

Yes, based on my belief that Trumpism is a modern variant of fascism. Here's the original thread I was referring to.
ok, got it.  So based on your admittedly variant definition of fascism in the world of Trump, Carlson, being a conservative, is also a Fascist.  So, like I originally said, calling out conservatives under the guise of being fascists is not acceptable nor should it be encouraged.  

ok, got it.  So based on your admittedly variant definition of fascism in the world of Trump, Carlson, being a conservative, is also a Fascist.  So, like I originally said, calling out conservatives under the guise of being fascists is not acceptable nor should it be encouraged.  
No, you don't "got it" -- but I'm not re-litigating that entire thread in here. 

Edit: Suffice it to say, to not completely abdicate my responsibility to clarify my own position, I think there is a distinct difference between conservatives of the Bush/Romney/McCain ilk and the crowd of Trumpists that dominate today's GOP. Tucker Carlson is proudly within the Trumpist sphere, and thus I label him a fascist.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you don't "got it" -- but I'm not re-litigating that entire thread in here. 

Edit: Suffice it to say, to not completely abdicate my responsibility to clarify my own position, I think there is a distinct difference between conservatives of the Bush/Romney/McCain ilk and the crowd of Trumpists that dominate today's GOP. Tucker Carlson is proudly within the Trumpist sphere, and thus I label him a fascist.
I'm not sure what was "litigated" in that thread.  It looked to be page after page of ad hominem attacks.  Carlson is helluva lot closer to those conservatives than to whatever the hell Trump is.  He's not a fascist.  This re-inventing of the meanings of words is a problem.  

David Roth‏ @david_j_roth

Like most normal people, I'm more disturbed by 20 antifa dudes ringing the doorbell at Tucker Carlson's manse than I am by the latest quarterly mass-killing-by-gun. One of those things reflects a real social crisis to me, and it's the one a normal person would choose.

David Roth‏ @david_j_roth

Like most normal people, I'm more disturbed by 20 antifa dudes ringing the doorbell at Tucker Carlson's manse than I am by the latest quarterly mass-killing-by-gun. One of those things reflects a real social crisis to me, and it's the one a normal person would choose.
:mellow:

A normal person would choose to shoot up a bar and kill 12 people? I hope I am not reading this right.

Users who are viewing this thread