What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amy Klobuchar for President 2020 (1 Viewer)

It’s interesting that Amy was apparently in favor of making English the official language back in 2007. I know this has been an idea that liberals have been against for many years.
These people say whatever they think will get them elected

Apparently she and her team think they need more Hispanic votes now

This is just ignorant. Please show me which other candidate has anything close to a plan for the national debt.

Senator Klobuchar's plan would seek to “reverse this trend with the goal of lowering the debt to GDP ratio by the end of her first term and putting our country on a sustainable fiscal path.”

The plan includes a commitment to “Govern with Fiscal Responsibility” by reducing debt as a share of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and “putting our country on a sustainable fiscal path.” To begin this process, Senator Klobuchar proposes to establish a dedicated fund to finance deficit reduction during normal times and stimulus during economic downturns, eliminate duplicative government programs, and move to biennial budgeting with a 25-year budget window.

During normal economic times, new revenue increases or cost savings dedicated to the fund would go toward deficit reduction. During economic downturns, the fund would automatically be tapped to increase funding for government programs

Senator Klobuchar plans to “initially seed the fund" with $300 billion from raising the corporate tax rate and eliminating duplicative government spending.

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/amy-klobuchars-plan-govern-fiscal-responsibility
It is ignorant. It's ignorant because the the candidate has given me no compelling reason to investigate her policies. That's where i set the bar. Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, Michael Bennet, Andrew Yang, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Mike Bloomberg, Corey Booker crossed that bar, got my attention with something they said or did. Joe Biden - whose views i know well since since he was Charlie Rose's "inside Washington" guy for years, but has never had a compelling candidate moment in this, his 3rd try - Amy Klobuchar, Beto O'Rourke, Tom Steyer, Tulsi Gabbard and the Tomb of the Unknown Candidates have not.

It is ignorant. It's ignorant because the the candidate has given me no compelling reason to investigate her policies. That's where i set the bar. Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, Michael Bennet, Andrew Yang, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Mike Bloomberg, Corey Booker crossed that bar, got my attention with something they said or did. Joe Biden - whose views i know well since since he was Charlie Rose's "inside Washington" guy for years, but has never had a compelling candidate moment in this, his 3rd try - Amy Klobuchar, Beto O'Rourke, Tom Steyer, Tulsi Gabbard and the Tomb of the Unknown Candidates have not.
IMO finishing 3rd in New Hampshire...within 5-6 pts of a candidates who've either been running forever or much better capitalized...is a pretty compelling reason to objectively re-investigate Klobuchar's policies at a more detailed level.

Perhaps with increased exposure in person...and not available from my usual sources...the people in N.H. learned some things I missed. God forbid.

But of course anyone can set the bar wherever they like. Good luck.

Really? Because she couldn't name the current president of Mexico? If that's the worst gaff she has, that's not that big of a deal, IMO of course. 
It likely won't matter to those are looking at her full body of work...but it's just the type of sound bite that will likely go viral...on an issue already viewed as a liability...at a time when momentum is key. So we'll see. 

He’s saying federal prosecutors are soulless, like gingers.
Having spent 25 years of my career as one I cannot dispute your claim.

I know she was the head of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office and that makes her, by default, practice, and the law the Chief Prosecutor, but I wonder whether she personally ever prosecuted anybody.

I know she was the head of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office and that makes her, by default, practice, and the law the Chief Prosecutor, but I wonder whether she personally ever prosecuted anybody.
Just to be clear, it’s not my claim - I know very few lawyers and most of you guys in here seem pretty awesome.  I do know quite a few gingers though and they are soulless beings never to be trusted.  Although I’d try to inject a little soul in to your avatar.

Just to be clear, it’s not my claim - I know very few lawyers and most of you guys in here seem pretty awesome.  I do know quite a few gingers though and they are soulless beings never to be trusted.  Although I’d try to inject a little soul in to your avatar.
You got it right.  I say own it!  No one here is going to dispute you.

Klobuchar just had her Aleppo moment.
I have liked her but I have to say this was terrible. It’s actually worse than Johnson because IIRC he was just asked about a current event in a general interview. Here Klobuchar was going into a Telemundo interview. Odd that a US Senator doesn’t know the name of the Mexican President but even so at least it would come up in 30 minutes of prep. 

Amy on NBC With Chuck Todd this morning looked very glassy eyed. Not sure if she was up all night, or if they put drops in her eyes or what. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy on NBC With Chuck Todd this morning looked very glassy eyed. Not sure if she was up all night, it they put drops in her eyes or what. 
She’s had a few moments where she looks old, tired, confused, whatever. Doesn’t give you a lot of confidence she has what it takes. Maybe get some sleep and hit the gym a few times a week?

Did you start dying your hair red 25 years ago or did it all fall out when you were 25?

I have liked her but I have to say this was terrible. It’s actually worse than Johnson because IIRC he was just asked about a current event in a general interview. Here Klobuchar was going into a Telemundo interview. Odd that a US Senator doesn’t know the name of the Mexican President but even so at least it would come up in 30 minutes of prep. 
Disastrous. I don't think I can take her serious anymore. She clearly recognized early in that she was caught. She needed to save face by getting off the politician script and just admit the weakness here. The politician BS approach to the end was painful. 

Really? Because she couldn't name the current president of Mexico? If that's the worst gaff she has, that's not that big of a deal, IMO of course. 
Not the end of the world but it doesn't help in Nevada where there are so many Latino voters. She really can't afford to give away any points.

Might help in San Jose that she is more moderate on high tech:

"She is more knowledgeable on tech issues than any candidate in the race. Her reasoned approach balances the need to nurture innovation with the responsibility to prevent monopolistic behavior. Noting that, in the absence of strong federal consumer privacy and protections laws, California and other states are stepping up with their own, Klobuchar calls for smarter federal laws along with reforming anti-trust policy."

Klobuchar simply can't name one of the most important world leaders regarding our own society. That's it. She gone.
Ridiculous. She took a hit and it stung for a couple news cycles (and no doubt it will come up again in the NV debate). But wasn't a kill shot by any means.

Since then she got the endorsement from the Houston Chronicle and a few others plus the Super PAC...meaning no one immediately went running for the exits.

And it's not like any of the other moderates are going to run away with this thing. All of them have just as many warts as she does...and Bernie's ceiling is capped all the way to the convention.

Her biggest problem is resources to make it to the other side of Super Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous. She took a hit and it stung for a couple news cycles (and no doubt it will come up again in the NV debate). But wasn't a kill shot by any means.

Since then she got the endorsement from the Houston Chronicle and a few others plus the Super PAC...meaning no one immediately went running for the exits.

And it's not like any of the other moderates are going to run away with this thing. All of them have just as many warts as she does...and Bernie's ceiling is capped all the way to the convention.

Her biggest problem is resources to make it to the other side of Super Tuesday.
I mean she gone for me. You can't possibly have existed as a Presidential candidate in this climate and not know who Obrador is and exist as a candidate for me.

It's over. She done. 

Yeah, historical figure and abolitionist and spelled wrong by newspapers and people seeking to make fun of the president.

I think it's spelled with two "s"'s, anyway
I get that inflection can't be conveyed via text, so to be clear I think making both of those claims are equally ridiculous.

If this is your 'deal breaker' then you never approached her with an open mind in the first place. Cause this ain't the hill to die on. You were looking for a reason to walk away and say no thanks. 

I get that inflection can't be conveyed via text, so to be clear I think making both of those claims are equally ridiculous.

If this is your 'deal breaker' then you never approached her with an open mind in the first place. Cause this ain't the hill to die on. You were looking for a reason to walk away and say no thanks. 
No, not really. If you considered immigration an issue at all -- one that swung the last election -- then you were just sticking your head in the sand with no policy if you didn't know the president of Mexico. Are you kidding me with this comment?

Immigration. The Wall. Of of the biggest issues of the last election. And she doesn't know the Presidents of North America? I know who Trudeau is off of the top of my head. I know who Obrador is off of the top of my head.

This is ludicrous to suggest that "if this is the deal breaker..." Of course it is.

I need an unlike button for that comment, actually. No, I'll just mark it sad. Because it's pathetic she doesn't know that. 

I need an unlike button for that comment, actually. No, I'll just mark it sad. Because it's pathetic she doesn't know that. 
What's sad and pathetic is that no candidate other than she has a stated plan to address the debt / deficit. 

But clearly being good at Jeopardy trumps such fiscal mundanities.

What's sad and pathetic is that no candidate other than she has a stated plan to address the debt / deficit. 

But clearly being good at Jeopardy trumps such fiscal mundanities.
Yeah, that's Jeopardy. Basic knowledge of world leaders as relates to foreign policy regarding our country isn't Jeopardy, it's called being informed at a basic level on the issue. Clearly, she has absolutely no ####### idea about the border crisis or she would know, much like informed voters do. 

Users who are viewing this thread