What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 10 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Figured I would start this up.  I will probably try a cash LU again, but mostly gpp as usual.   I won't repeat all my thoughts from the FD thread on general players, but I was just about to look at the DK prices to see if different things stick out.  

4for4 podcast talked gpp again, and built a LU for their free contest they have.  Again they said that they prefer WR in the flex, which is interesting b/c I never really do that so I need to look at that.  Here is the LU that they came up with:

Bortles - Hunt/A.Jones - Hilton/Moncrief/MVS - Reed - M.Thomas - KC

Started with the Jax/Indy game stack as a low owned option.  Said that at least 1 high priced RB is a must, so went with the cheapest of the 4 studs on the slate.  Then also reiterated that multiple correlations in the same LU are becoming the thing this year, so paired KC DT with Hunt, and A.Jones with MVS.   This really gave me a bit to think about.  

I like Atl players this week. Cle D is down like 5 starters and 1 of their CBs was signed off the street. 

Tam/Wash should also be high scoring and Fitz will be my cash QB. Won't touch the RBs in this game but all the pass catchers for both teams are cheap and have some upside. My cash placeholder-

Fitz/Gordon/Hunt/Gordon/MVS/Godwin/Davis/Chubb/Jax

I like Atl players this week. Cle D is down like 5 starters and 1 of their CBs was signed off the street. 

Tam/Wash should also be high scoring and Fitz will be my cash QB. Won't touch the RBs in this game but all the pass catchers for both teams are cheap and have some upside. My cash placeholder-

I am trying to decide about the junk side of some of these games.  Like I said in the other thread, it feels like a weird week in that a few of the worst and/or injured Os are going up against some of the bad Ds - ie Wash, Az.  

I do seem to start a lot of my gpps with Ryan +Coleman this week.  Then I also remember the podcast from last week saying that most of the top LUs seem to have sub 6K guys, so I am not sure what to do - probably put Atl guys in with other ideas?

For cash I keep looking at Rivers - seems like he always owns Oak, and he is the only QB to throw for 2+ TDs in every game this year (if I read and remembered that stat right).  

I like Rivers alot too and think Allen finally gets some TDs this week.
Gordon is always the least owned of the big backs, and I think with his 9K price tag, that might continue this week as well as people go to Hunt and Gurley more.   I have been fiddling with LUs with Rivers/Gordon, Rivers/Allen, Rivers/Allen/T.Will, and just having Gordon/Allen in other LUs as an additional correlation play.  

Even more than on FD, I like the Mariota/D.Lewis + Gordon core on DK.  It lets me do a bit everywhere else.  As a placeholder last night using the podcasts shell ideas and outline I came up with:

Mariota - Gordon/D.Lewis - Gordon/Ridley/Fitz - Hooper - K.Allen - Jets

3 correlation plays on Os like with the NE/Tenn core, then Gordon/Allen and Ridley/Hooper.  Not sure about that Atl combo, so I am staring at this more.  

I started building some cash lineups with Rivers - any concerns about game flow, they get up big and run in the 2nd half?

Oddly enough, my cash lineup for DK is almost identical to Fanduel. 100% exposure to top RB's (Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman) and cheaper WR's (Fitzgerald, MVS, Corey Davis, Maruice Harris, Kupp in some combo) with Wentz filling at QB and Vance McDonald done on Thursday (Uzomah would be the easy Sunday option here at $100 more).  

For my GPP's, I found it's pretty hard to actually use all the money if you go cheap as hell QB.  Mariota, Rosen, Bortles (Corey Davis and whatever other pass catcher, DJ and Fitz, Westbrook and Moncrief or Yeldon) they all have super cheap stacks you can use.  

I started building some cash lineups with Rivers - any concerns about game flow, they get up big and run in the 2nd half?
I think I posted it in the other thread - but a pod said that Rivers is the only Qb to throw for 2+ TDs in every game this year.  Sure, there are still some game flow issues for him this week, but honestly there are Qs for a lot of the guys that seemed to be talked about this week - Brees outside on the road, Fitz could be a couple INTs away from being yanked, and guys like Ryan/Rodgers/Mahomes/Goff are in spots where they are also hugely favored just like Rivers.   Mahomes is as safe as they come, but is 1K more than most of these guys.  

Of the group, it looks like Fitz, Ryan, Mahomes, and Rodgers pass the most regardless of game.   Rivers does have a handful of games this year where he has had under 30 attempts, and Ryan only has 1 game where he hasn't thrown at least 35 times.  Right now I am wondering if instead of Rivers it's worth the Fitz risk or it's worth the extra 200 for Ryan in cash OR pay all the way up for Mahomes or down to Mariota.  

Oddly enough, my cash lineup for DK is almost identical to Fanduel. 100% exposure to top RB's (Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman) and cheaper WR's (Fitzgerald, MVS, Corey Davis, Maruice Harris, Kupp in some combo) with Wentz filling at QB and Vance McDonald done on Thursday (Uzomah would be the easy Sunday option here at $100 more).  

For my GPP's, I found it's pretty hard to actually use all the money if you go cheap as hell QB.  Mariota, Rosen, Bortles (Corey Davis and whatever other pass catcher, DJ and Fitz, Westbrook and Moncrief or Yeldon) they all have super cheap stacks you can use.  
I am curious about this one.  Seems like D.Lewis is who people are putting in the flex in cash on draftkings, so I am wondering why you gravitated to Coleman instead?  Mostly because you are using Davis?

I have concerns about Davis being shadowed by Gilmore, so I have that the other way around - Lewis in cash and maybe Davis in gpps.  

Yeah i'm not thrilled by Davis at all.  Probably some bias from dealing with his crappy production in my FF league.  I guess the price is good.

My current cash lineup - Wentz, Gordon/Hunt/Lewis, Gordon/MVS/M Harris, Graham, Patriots

Thinking about moving down to Doyle, but not sure what I'd effectively do with the $300.  Could move up to Fitz but not sure I'm gaining anything.

Yeah i'm not thrilled by Davis at all.  Probably some bias from dealing with his crappy production in my FF league.  I guess the price is good.

My current cash lineup - Wentz, Gordon/Hunt/Lewis, Gordon/MVS/M Harris, Graham, Patriots

Thinking about moving down to Doyle, but not sure what I'd effectively do with the $300.  Could move up to Fitz but not sure I'm gaining anything.
I do like him a bit more on DK than FD.  Pats will usually let teams dink and dunk, so I could see him not killing you on DK with the full ppr.  

I am curious about this one.  Seems like D.Lewis is who people are putting in the flex in cash on draftkings, so I am wondering why you gravitated to Coleman instead?  Mostly because you are using Davis?

I have concerns about Davis being shadowed by Gilmore, so I have that the other way around - Lewis in cash and maybe Davis in gpps.  
The way I see it is a couple reasons.  Mariota is healthy finally, the offense looked better, he's gotten heavy targets almost all year, likely playing from behind.  I guess both are reasonable but a 5/50 is still 10 points on DK that seems easy to manage at the price point, with the potential TD going for 3x.  At 4500 I feel like he can't go wrong.  

The other thing is if I go Dion instead of Tevin, and pivot off Davis, that leaves me with 6200 potentially (Ridley, Landry, Josh Gordon, Hilton Jeffery).  Guess I could go Landry with Dion but that doesn't strike me as safe for cash.  I just have a feeling that BB will shut Dion down, knowing his strengths rather well.  That offense revolves more around him than Davis, so that's my reasoning at least.  

The way I see it is a couple reasons.  Mariota is healthy finally, the offense looked better, he's gotten heavy targets almost all year, likely playing from behind.  I guess both are reasonable but a 5/50 is still 10 points on DK that seems easy to manage at the price point, with the potential TD going for 3x.  At 4500 I feel like he can't go wrong.  

The other thing is if I go Dion instead of Tevin, and pivot off Davis, that leaves me with 6200 potentially (Ridley, Landry, Josh Gordon, Hilton Jeffery).  Guess I could go Landry with Dion but that doesn't strike me as safe for cash.  I just have a feeling that BB will shut Dion down, knowing his strengths rather well.  That offense revolves more around him than Davis, so that's my reasoning at least.  
Some good food for thought there - thanks.  I usually lean touches and RZ opps at similar price points, and since they are 100 apart I leaned Lewis.  Regardless, that will be an interesting decision and I am sure one that people are going to be making in cash.   The reason to lean to Davis is that I don't see many cash options in that mid 4K range that see the opps that he does, but there might be other options in Lewis' range.   Hmmmm.

Zyphros said:

I like the Pats D this week in gpp. I like Dion too. You can play both. Landry is another solid pick in gpp.

Little thin at TE, but here is what I am rocking for a cash LU tomorrow (as of right now)

Mahomes - Gurley/Hunt/D.lewis-  Gordon/mvs/a.miller - RSJ - Rams

Basically started with Mahomes and Gurley and went from there.  

Swapped in Lockett,Reed and NE for J Gordon,Davis and Jax and scored 158.04. This cashed my $5 double up. 4 .25 gpps cashed for .98 and $1 SE was a dud. $7 in $10.98 out.

Chubb at 6.5-8.2% is carrying my teams. Good thing cause I'm 100% Hunt today but he's highly owned so not killing me
Yeah my Chubb lineups all cashed in gpp. Unfortunately I paired him with Hunt, Lewis, or Duke (double down Browns RB) or the result may have been much better. Totally missed pairing him with Gurley, DJ, Kamara or Ingram who I did have in other lineups. My best lineup didn't even have Chubb which was a big miss:

Trubisky, Cohen, Hunt, B.Cooks, M.Harris, Julio, Burton, M.Davis, Packers. And that was only good enough for 176. Swapping Cohen for Chubb would have hit close to 200. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread