Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

2020: The Race For the White House - The Good Place

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, The Commish said:

Can we talk about Booker?  I don't get it.  I wasn't a fan prior to this year, then all the stupid theatrics during the Kavanaugh hearings and I sort of thought he blew it.  What am I missing that he's still a viable possibility?

why did you think he blew the Kavanaugh hearings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joffer said:

why did you think he blew the Kavanaugh hearings?

I felt the theatrics over the top, the walkout all that.  It came across (to me) as a skit attempting to set the stage for a Presidential run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 9:08 PM, proninja said:

Howard Schultz couldn't deal with local politics to get an arena built and when things didn't go his way he took his ball and went home. He's proven he doesn't have what it takes to be politically effective on a state level, hard pass on him on a national level. 

This guy running and somehow winning the nom is like a doomsday scenario for me. Of course he’s no where near the disaster we have now, but oh man what a terrible pick he’d be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, proninja said:

Between him and Avenatti it tests my "I'll vote for any Democrat that is nominated" stance in 2020. 

I mean, I still would, but I'd hold my nose real bad. 

Oh man, I won’t vote for Avenatti. Won’t be a part of that.

Him winning would mean it’s officially over, shark had been jumped, band playing on the deck of the Titanic, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, Mike Damone said:

If he decides to run Deval Patrick will win in 2020 . He’s not as liberal as the more progressive democrats would like but he has the ability to capture the middle. 

He has to get through the primary first and I don't think he would.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 8:23 AM, The General said:

Oh man, I won’t vote for Avenatti. Won’t be a part of that.

Him winning would mean it’s officially over, shark had been jumped, band playing on the deck of the Titanic, etc.

The primary could come down to Oprah versus Avenatti.

I hope I’m just kidding, but who knows?

I saw a blurb recently (didn’t read the article) arguing that that YouTube celebrities will start running for office ... and will start winning.

It’s plausible. Trump won in large part because he was a celebrity. Being a celebrity is pretty helpful in a popularity contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, Henry Ford said:

If she’ll take a shot, I say Klobuchar. 

As someone who’s lived in MN no thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

As someone who’s lived in MN no thanks 

She's a very popular senator, who had a very good showing at the Kavanaugh hearing by asking pertinent questions and showing restraint. Why don't you like her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The primary could come down to Oprah versus Avenatti.

I hope I’m just kidding, but who knows?

I saw a blurb recently (didn’t read the article) arguing that that YouTube celebrities will start running for office ... and will start winning.

It’s plausible. Trump won in large part because he was a celebrity. Being a celebrity is pretty helpful in a popularity contest.

If it’s Avenatti or Oprah versus Trump I’ll stop caring, the whole thing is wrecked and the morons win. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The General said:

If it’s Avenatti or Oprah versus Trump I’ll stop caring, the whole thing is wrecked and the morons win. 

Celebrity or corporate dem, I just not voting.  It's that simple.  HRC runs again I might vote Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IC FBGCav said:

Celebrity or corporate dem, I just not voting.  It's that simple.  HRC runs again I might vote Trump.

What's wrong with a celebrity?   What we need is an outsider instead of another corrupt life long politician!    What could go wrong...

 

 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

What's wrong with a celebrity?   What we need is an outsider instead of another corrupt life long politician!    What could go wrong...

 

 

 

The Rock is a shoe in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dedfin said:

WOULD

 

vote for her

She is solid if nothing else.  Has very well thought out ideas and positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IC FBGCav said:

She is solid if nothing else.  Has very well thought out ideas and positions.

Closest Bernie ally in 2016 if I recall correctly. She may not be a Bernie clone, but if she has the same fundamental viewpoint of the world as Bernie, I'd love to see her get the nomination. I don't think she'd get pushed around by Donnie Littlefingers in a debate either. What's he going to say? He can't mock her appearance, intellect or record. She's a tough mind and would shrug him off easily. At worst, she's a "socialist" which people are starting to laugh at the notion that it's such a sinful description, as that silly FoxNews meme on AOC showed. Hell, even the@ren hoeks of the world might vote for her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dedfin said:

Closest Bernie ally in 2016 if I recall correctly. She may not be a Bernie clone, but if she has the same fundamental viewpoint of the world as Bernie, I'd love to see her get the nomination. I don't think she'd get pushed around by Donnie Littlefingers in a debate either. What's he going to say? He can't mock her appearance, intellect or record. She's a tough mind and would shrug him off easily. At worst, she's a "socialist" which people are starting to laugh at the notion that it's such a sinful description, as that silly FoxNews meme on AOC showed. Hell, even the@ren hoeks of the world might vote for her.

She served, he won't even go to a war zone.  The bs knock on her is too young.  She resigned from dnc leadership to support bernie.  I am sure she has flaws but when you listen to her she is a legit person, no bs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 2:55 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Bernie is going to crush you all. Both sides. He'll put the GOP down for good, and destroy the Dems from the inside to the point they'll never be recognizable in current form again.

It's a brave new world out there, folks. Don't be afraid of change. The bandwagon has plenty of room, but only until he announces his candidacy. JOIN NOW.

My opinion may change, but I currently feel like his time has passed. His age has to be a concern, and some Democrats may run more to the left of him, especially in Primary season when each tries to out-crazy the next (similar to when the GOP does it's own crazy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dedfin said:

Closest Bernie ally in 2016 if I recall correctly. She may not be a Bernie clone, but if she has the same fundamental viewpoint of the world as Bernie, I'd love to see her get the nomination. I don't think she'd get pushed around by Donnie Littlefingers in a debate either. What's he going to say? He can't mock her appearance, intellect or record. She's a tough mind and would shrug him off easily. At worst, she's a "socialist" which people are starting to laugh at the notion that it's such a sinful description, as that silly FoxNews meme on AOC showed. Hell, even the@ren hoeks of the world might vote for her.

He won't vote 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 2:48 PM, IC FBGCav said:

She served, he won't even go to a war zone.  The bs knock on her is too young.  She resigned from dnc leadership to support bernie.  I am sure she has flaws but when you listen to her she is a legit person, no bs.

The knock on her isn't her age, it's her current views regarding the Middle East/North Africa/Islam and her past views regarding abortion and LGBTQ rights.  Her age only comes into it because her career hasn't been long enough to distance herself from her early views (especially LGBTQ rights.)

 

Edit:  Whoops, just realized this was two weeks old.  My apologies.

Edited by Henry Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Atlantic posted a curious "gee, this guy might be an attractive albeit unknown candidate" profile about John Delaney, who reps Maryland's Sixth congressional district. That's the mostly western Maryland district that the Dems gerrymandered away from crazy old Roscoe Bartlett (Bible in one pocket, Constitution in the other) a few years back. So Delaney is repping both the gun toters from our own private Idaho as well as a bunch of commies in the People's Republic of Montgomery County.

He's working the F out of Iowa voters right now but I don't see where he's anything special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

The knock on her isn't her age, it's her current views regarding the Middle East/North Africa/Islam and her past views regarding abortion and LGBTQ rights.  Her age only comes into it because her career hasn't been long enough to distance herself from her early views (especially LGBTQ rights.)

 

Edit:  Whoops, just realized this was two weeks old.  My apologies.

Why doesn't the board just delete all posts after a week?  Or why does time matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IC FBGCav said:

Why doesn't the board just delete all posts after a week?  Or why does time matter?

Oh, I just figured that discussion had run its course. 

Edited by Henry Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The General said:

It’s going to be Beto and Sherrod Brown. Calling it right now.

Klobuchar/Landrieu is my call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Oh, I just figured that discussion had run its course. 

It all depends on interest.  But I am sure a 2020 thread should run its course in 2018.  So much dumb.

Edited by IC FBGCav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

The knock on her isn't her age, it's her current views regarding the Middle East/North Africa/Islam and her past views regarding abortion and LGBTQ rights.  Her age only comes into it because her career hasn't been long enough to distance herself from her early views (especially LGBTQ rights.)

 

Edit:  Whoops, just realized this was two weeks old.  My apologies.

What were HRC views on LGBTQ rights before she ran?  When did she flip?  Same with Obama.

Since it matters to you.

Edited by IC FBGCav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

What were HRC views on LGBTQ rights before she ran?  When did she flip?  Same with Obama.

Since it matters to you.

Before she ran which time?

And I believe Obama shifted in 2010 but I’m not certain off the top of my head. 

Why is it necessary to know that to explain why some people are concerned about Gabbard, the daughter of a lifelong anti-gay-rights activist politician who initially followed directly in his footsteps in politics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Before she ran which time?

And I believe Obama shifted in 2010 but I’m not certain off the top of my head. 

Why is it necessary to know that to explain why some people are concerned about Gabbard, the daughter of a lifelong anti-gay-rights activist politician who initially followed directly in his footsteps in politics?

I'm clearly under the influence if I'm splitting hairs with Henry, but both you fellers anchored your assessment of individuals based upon some other person's character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mister CIA said:

I'm clearly under the influence if I'm splitting hairs with Henry, but both you fellers anchored your assessment of individuals based upon some other person's character.

“Who initially followed directly in his footsteps.”

I apologize if it sounds like the issue I’ve heard is him, it’s her specifically saying she agreed with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

“Who initially followed directly in his footsteps.”

I apologize if it sounds like the issue I’ve heard is him, it’s her specifically saying she agreed with him. 

I'll buy that, but I think it's a point in favor for IC's argument. While on one-hand, it contains a tinge of whatabout, on the other, people's views change all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

I'll buy that, but I think it's a point in favor for IC's argument. While on one-hand, it contains a tinge of whatabout, on the other, people's views change all the time.

Sure.  But she’s confirmed her continuing views on homosexuality fairly recently, while saying that she doesn’t believe the government should outlaw it. 

My only personal concern of those is her continuing issue with Islam.  But many people don’t trust her based on how she still harbors anti-gay views while admirably saying the government shouldn’t regulate homosexuality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Sure.  But she’s confirmed her continuing views on homosexuality fairly recently, while saying that she doesn’t believe the government should outlaw it. 

My only personal concern of those is her continuing issue with Islam.  But many people don’t trust her based on how she still harbors anti-gay views while admirably saying the government shouldn’t regulate homosexuality.  

Confounding seems to sum it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Before she ran which time?

And I believe Obama shifted in 2010 but I’m not certain off the top of my head. 

Why is it necessary to know that to explain why some people are concerned about Gabbard, the daughter of a lifelong anti-gay-rights activist politician who initially followed directly in his footsteps in politics?

And the wife of an adultery that smeared the innocent is cool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Sure.  But she’s confirmed her continuing views on homosexuality fairly recently, while saying that she doesn’t believe the government should outlaw it. 

My only personal concern of those is her continuing issue with Islam.  But many people don’t trust her based on how she still harbors anti-gay views while admirably saying the government shouldn’t regulate homosexuality.  

So, I guess you can't be personally against something and say it shouldn't be regulated? 

So, she doesn’t let her personal views guide her politics?

Damn she sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

So, I guess you can't be personally against something and say it shouldn't be regulated? 

So, she doesn’t let her personal views guide her politics?

Damn she sucks. 

I didn’t say any of that, nor did I say I oppose her. You’re being very defensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I didn’t say any of that, nor did I say I oppose her. You’re being very defensive. 

You are being very manipulative by calling me defensive.

Edited by IC FBGCav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

You are being very manipulative by calling me defensive.

I’m not against Tulsi Gabbard for President. I’m just telling you what the actual criticisms are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I’m not against Tulsi Gabbard for President. I’m just telling you what the actual criticisms are. 

Thank you.  The one I have to dive deeper into is not the one we discussed.

But overall.  Come on man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the old-timers have been making the speaking rounds at my kid's college. In the past 6 weeks or so, he's since John Kerry, Elizabeth Warren and (last night) Joe Biden. 

As a 21-year-old liberal, his reaction to both Kerry and Biden has verged on outright disgust. Kerry still boasts of the success of the Afghan War. And Biden apparently is calling for free community college for all - my son's takeaway was "He's just throwing Bernie's ideas out there, after not doing anything on these issues for either years in the White House." Thought Warren was ok. But it's interesting to me that Bernie is clearly the potential candidate who has captured his interest - at least to this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Warren is done. She lost the Boston Globe and, WAPO is reporting that Mindy Myers is talking to Beto. 

WAPO

 

I like her, but good.  she's too ripe of a target.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joffer said:

I like her, but good.  she's too ripe of a target.

Maybe she should stay front and center, though, kinda always playing like she thinks she's gonna be nominated, and draw Donald's fire. Then, at the last minute, boom! Dems sneak in a Beto or a Kamala and The Con of the Don is complete. He'll have spent months vilifying (which he's pretty good at) the wrong candidate. "No, I didn't mean 'lock her up!' I meant ' lock HER up! The new one!'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Warren is done. She lost the Boston Globe and, WAPO is reporting that Mindy Myers is talking to Beto. 

WAPO

 

Her window was last election cycle, the door was open, but she chose not to go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Angry spiders said:

Sigh.....not to be an old person basher but these old fossils wont beat trump....need new blood in there....booker/beto

I agree - in theory.

But, it has to be the right "new blood".  And, even as a "Progressive", I recognize that whoever wins, has to be able to govern from the center.  We really need to get away from the polar partisanship, and find common ground - and work towards solutions that both sides can appreciate. 

 

If Trump is the GOP nominee, I am certain a Dem will win the general election - no matter who the nominee ends up being.  But, if Trump is not the GOP nominee, then the choice of Dem will matter a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.